Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-18-2013   #1
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cushing's health

I have some good news. A friend of mine has a gym and was working out with Cushing and my friend indicated nothing negative and was very positive so this is a good thing. I don't trust the Texans medical staff so I was happy to see this.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by SW H-TOWN; 05-18-2013 at 07:21 PM.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #2
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing's health

Old Miss Texan knows the guy on the right just so you know that I am not bull ****ting. Would tell you the name of the gym but it's probably best not to.

Last edited by SW H-TOWN; 05-18-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-18-2013   #3
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
I don't trust the Texans medical staff
Glad to hear Cush is doing well.

I've always wondered, though. When people say that they don't trust the Texans med staff, do they mean that they don't think their doctors are competent? Or do they mean that the med staff don't have the players' best interest in mind, only the Texans? Or do they mean the they don't share every medical detail with the world, and at times maybe mislead the world?
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

The thing that worries me about the Med staff, is that they have Matt Schaub out there playing on a broken foot. They cleared Andre for 100% duty when they should have erred on the safe side, same with Foster.

Newton was out there playing on a bum knee, then had to have "major" surgery after the season.

They didn't know Cushing was pregnant.

The list goes on & on.
Old 05-18-2013   #5
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The thing that worries me about the Med staff, is that they have Matt Schaub out there playing on a broken foot. They cleared Andre for 100% duty when they should have erred on the safe side, same with Foster.

Newton was out there playing on a bum knee, then had to have "major" surgery after the season.

The list goes on & on.
I think, in general, the NFL culture, when it comes to injuries, is to be a cowboy, rub some dirt on it, and keep playing. Do you remember how much grief Cutler caught when he pulled himself out of a playoff game two years ago because of an injury? A legitimate injury.

That is very different from MLB, for example, where if a pitchers arm even feels funny, he's pulled out and doesn't play again until he's 100% again.

I think every team's medical staff modifies their decisions to some degree based on what the coaches want them to do. They work for the team, and the players' health is secondary, whether they will admit it or not. Given those parameters, I have no basis to believe that the Texans med staff is any better or worse than any other NFL team. Look at the nightmare Gronk is going through. Or the way the Manning situation was handled in Indy. I don't know how much NFL doctors are paid, but I would imagine that working for yourself, or working for a major hospital is more appealing than working for a business where your decisions can't be entirely independent. So, given that, you probably can't attract the best of the best to begin with.
Old 05-18-2013   #6
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
Glad to hear Cush is doing well.

I've always wondered, though. When people say that they don't trust the Texans med staff, do they mean that they don't think their doctors are competent? Or do they mean that the med staff don't have the players' best interest in mind, only the Texans? Or do they mean the they don't share every medical detail with the world, and at times maybe mislead the world?
Very competent.

Team first over player.

Share details with the team but by the time the media gets the info a lot of the time somebody seems to have changed the story to benefit the team.

Look at RG3 or all the times they let guys go back into the games with concussions in the past when they did not even know where they were.

Where are you, "Mmm, I don't know. Let me back into the &%*%^$#@ game!!!" Ready to go.
Old 05-18-2013   #7
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

The list goes on & on.
Rep, perfectly said.
Sponsored links
Old 05-18-2013   #8
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Not surprised. His injury is commonly dealt with as an athlete.
Old 05-18-2013   #9
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

[quote=Fili;2165924]Not surprised. His injury is commonly dealt with as an athlete.[/QUOTE

You are right, this is a very common injury but not everybody jumps out of the operating room like AP. Adrian Peterson, what a freak.
Old 05-18-2013   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think, in general, the NFL culture, when it comes to injuries, is to be a cowboy, rub some dirt on it, and keep playing. Do you remember how much grief Cutler caught when he pulled himself out of a playoff game two years ago because of an injury? A legitimate injury.

I think every team's medical staff modifies their decisions to some degree based on what the coaches want them to do. They work for the team, and the players' health is secondary, whether they will admit it or not. Given those parameters, I have no basis to believe that the Texans med staff is any better or worse than any other NFL team. Look at the nightmare Gronk is going through. Or the way the Manning situation was handled in Indy. I don't know how much NFL doctors are paid, but I would imagine that working for yourself, or working for a major hospital is more appealing than working for a business where your decisions can't be entirely independent. So, given that, you probably can't attract the best of the best to begin with.

I guess some of us have a better memory than others..........or at least a less selective one..........

CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #11
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Also when Cushing's knee was cleaned out it took him a while to get back to his regular playing form. I would say longer than expected so I was worried that he would be behind schedule but he seems to be doing good.
Old 05-18-2013   #12
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
I have some good news. A friend of mine has a gym and was working out with Cushing and my friend indicated nothing negative and was very positive so this is a good thing. I don't trust the Texans medical staff so I was happy to see this.

[IMG][/IMG]
OK can you atleast reveal the region of your "friends" gym " ? Someplace in Texas, or maybe SoCal, perhaps the state of NJ ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope Cush doesn't get "pregnant" again while rehabbing.
You know the temptation is there.
Old 05-18-2013   #14
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I guess some of us have a better memory than others..........or at least a less selective one..........

I'm assuming this means that you agree with me that NFL doctors work for their employers and not necessarily their patients. I certainly didn't mean to insult all doctors by saying that some of them forget or "bend" the promises they made.
Old 05-18-2013   #15
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Houston. Sorry, can't tell you any more. Just that it is a nasty place. Nothing like Alabama's new facility.
Old 05-18-2013   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm assuming this means that you agree with me that NFL doctors work for their employers and not necessarily their patients. I certainly didn't mean to insult all doctors by saying that some of them forget or "bend" the promises they made.
Unfortunately, I agree with your assessments.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #17
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
OK can you atleast reveal the region of your "friends" gym " ? Someplace in Texas, or maybe SoCal, perhaps the state of NJ ?
I'll give you one more since you are so interested. What general area does Cush hang out at, where does he do those tweets from? The guy, my "friend" as you like to put it in quotes went to High School and the University with me. Played baseball with him for a couple of years starting in 95. I don't want to say his name because I don't want guys who are so interested going over there...Don't believe me, ask Old Miss Texan. He knows me and the guy you are so "interested in."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I just hope Cush doesn't get "pregnant" again while rehabbing.
You know the temptation is there.
He would have to be an idiot to do that and I doubt he would do it in Houston. When you are famous you associate with 2 types of people. Other famous people or people who knew you before you blew up. Probably a little out of his comfort zone.

NJ would be too obvious. They would focus in on the one area, where he works out at.

It would be around USC IMO. A guy he could trust. The USC campus, like any huge campus, is easy to get lost in. Lots of small rooms that would lend themselves to clandestine meetings. You can never underestimate the stupidity of another person but I seriously doubt he would do that. He was busted once so he has to know that they got him on the radar coming off an ACL and all.
Old 05-18-2013   #18
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

removed
Old 05-19-2013   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

To the TEAM you mean ?
Old 05-19-2013   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
To the TEAM you mean ?
In some cases, I think it meant
..."to my paycheck".
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read