Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-17-2013   #61
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 players to watch for Texans '14 draft

Unless we're drafting inside the top 10 you can probably go ahead and forget about Clowney, Bridgwater and Matthews. Manziel I'm more iffy on if he'll get drafted high or not, and I think one of the top WR's is going to go pretty high if they all continue on their current paths.

This is the QB prospect I'm going to watch:

Blake Bortles (QB, UCF) vs Ball State. Beef O' Brady's Bowl
Blake Bortles vs Missouri '12
Blake Bortles does an impression of Johnny Manziel
Blake Bortles vs Marshall '12

6'4"/224lbs RS Junior.
Code:
        ATT   CMP       YDS       %     AVG    LNG      TD   INT      SCK      RATE
2012	251	399	3059	62.9	7.67	64	25	7	22	144.5
2011	75	110	958	68.2	8.71	53	6	3	8	153.9
Old 05-17-2013   #62
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Unless we're drafting inside the top 10 you can probably go ahead and forget about Clowney, Bridgwater and Matthews. Manziel I'm more iffy on if he'll get drafted high or not, and I think one of the top WR's is going to go pretty high if they all continue on their current paths.
I think you can pretty much add Boyd to that list as well, although I think he would fit us perfectly.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013   #63
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post

This is the QB prospect I'm going to watch:

Blake Bortles (QB, UCF) vs Ball State. Beef O' Brady's Bowl
Blake Bortles vs Missouri '12
Blake Bortles does an impression of Johnny Manziel
Blake Bortles vs Marshall '12

6'4"/224lbs RS Junior.
Code:
        ATT   CMP       YDS       %     AVG    LNG      TD   INT      SCK      RATE
2012	251	399	3059	62.9	7.67	64	25	7	22	144.5
2011	75	110	958	68.2	8.71	53	6	3	8	153.9
Been watching him; not sure about the guy, but A J Bouye looks like a player.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #64
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

The ILB class for next year looks really strong.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #65
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
The ILB class for next year looks really strong.
Remember Andrew Jackson?
Old 05-21-2013   #66
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Remember Andrew Jackson?
Yeah, Jackson is a good one. Bullough from MSU, Johnson from Tennessee, Blair from UC, Borland from Wisconsin, Williamson from Kentucky, Marry from Ole Miss, Skov from Stanford, Edmond from UT, Brown from Louisville, Renaud from Boise State, and Fox from Notre Dame all show NFL potential. And that is not even counting some of the other guys that are ranked highly that I have not been able to focus on yet.
Old 05-21-2013   #67
rmartin65
I'm Score

While I am here, Ryan Carrethers from Arkansas State is worth a look. 330 pounder (NT), but not a fat guy. Should run around a 5.0 flat.
Old 05-21-2013   #68
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, Jackson is a good one. Bullough from MSU, Johnson from Tennessee, Blair from UC, Borland from Wisconsin, Williamson from Kentucky, Marry from Ole Miss, Skov from Stanford, Edmond from UT, Brown from Louisville, Renaud from Boise State, and Fox from Notre Dame all show NFL potential. And that is not even counting some of the other guys that are ranked highly that I have not been able to focus on yet.
i have Borland and Skov on my radar and will focus on Fox but not sure about him yet.
Old 05-21-2013   #69
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
While I am here, Ryan Carrethers from Arkansas State is worth a look. 330 pounder (NT), but not a fat guy. Should run around a 5.0 flat.
Yep but need to see more of him..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read