Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-16-2013   #41
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

I don't see how even the biggest hater could rank Schaub outside of the top 16. He's efficient, reliable and smart with the ball. Who cares if he looks like a dufus and is rocking the personality of a grape fruit?

Even on a down year, Schaub threw for 4k yards 22 TDs and a 90.7 QB rating. Half the guys above him on this garbage list would consider that a career year.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013   #42
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 4127 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Another thing to consider, if even a lot of hometown fans doubt Schaub's ability, what makes anyone think those outside of Houston would actually take him seriously? I don't think Schaub is bad, but he is not great either. He is on the bottom end of "good" IMO.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
Another thing to consider, if even a lot of hometown fans doubt Schaub's ability, what makes anyone think those outside of Houston would actually take him seriously? I don't think Schaub is bad, but he is not great either. He is on the bottom end of "good" IMO.
I'm not arguing that. Only that there are a lot less good QBs than Matt Schaub.
Old 05-17-2013   #44
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
He's efficient, reliable and smart with the ball.

Talk about rose colored glasses.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013   #45
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
i am not some lazy Schuab hater, but he is an okay but limited NFl QB. As he has played for the first 3 or so year of his career Freeman has the same bottom line, but with different strengths and weaknesses than Schuab. Freeman having more arm strength and more mobilty is known not speculation.

I am pretty much convinced (obvious no way to prove) that if you switched those two guys in 2012 that Tampa would have just been out of the playoffs and the Texans would have beat Bengals and lost to the Pats. I don't care that Freeman would have thrown more int or Schaub might have had a higher completion percentage. things would have looked a little different, but neither one in 2012 was clearly better. And yes if I have my choice give the younger average guy over the older average guy, day in and day out.
Hell your over here banging the table for a guy who has a better than zero percent chance of being replaced by a 3rd round rookie. There's a lot of very good reasons that the Bucs aren't nearly as enamored with Freeman as you are, which is all pretty much lined out in the post you responded to.
Old 05-17-2013   #46
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
I think that list is absurd. Schaub is in the top half of Qb's in the league IMO. I created my own list of the top 20 guys, here it is.:
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. P. Manning
5. E. Manning
6. Big Ben
7. Luck
8. Matt Ryan
9. Kaepernick
10. Wilson
11. RG3
12. Flacco
13. Romo
14. Schaub
15. Stafford
16. Cutler
17. Newton
18. Dalton
19. Freeman
20. Rivers
I think this is more accurate list, someone's potential doesn't matter in this list until they reach it.
This is about where I rank him. 15th. Romo as a top ten qb should say everything you need to know about the list. Oh, and Blaine Gabbert above anyone is also absurd. Sanchez is terrible, but hes better than Gabbert and Locker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
On the original subject - it's too low but who cares.

On the above and not picking on the poster, I am mystified by the Luck love. For example, make an argument Luck is better right now that Wilson - both coming off rookie seasons. He had a good rookie season. It wasn't some epic season.
Old 05-17-2013   #47
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Hell your over here banging the table for a guy who has a better than zero percent chance of being replaced by a 3rd round rookie. There's a lot of very good reasons that the Bucs aren't nearly as enamored with Freeman as you are, which is all pretty much lined out in the post you responded to.
You consistently have tried overstate my position here. I read a post where two QBs are on the same tier (which I agree) and i said that all things being equal, I would rather at this point have the guy with more chance at improvement. There was never any Schuab stinks nor Freeman is so wonderful in my comments.
Old 05-17-2013   #48
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub was 11th in yards, 16th in touchdowns, 13th in passer rating, and tied for 3rd in wins. that's about where he belongs, somewhere in the 11-16 range. to rank him lower is just hating or putting someone else higher based on potential. to rank potential is silly, last year had 4 hall of fame rookies and every team in the league has a young quarterback who's going to 9 probowls based on their potential.
Old 05-17-2013   #49
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Schaub was 11th in yards, 16th in touchdowns, 13th in passer rating, and tied for 3rd in wins. that's about where he belongs, somewhere in the 11-16 range. to rank him lower is just hating or putting someone else higher based on potential.
OK, we will use your criteria of yards, TDs, and QB rating to determine where Schaub should rank. Wins is not a QB stat. Football teams win games. So unless you're talking about some fantasy geek win share stats that will give everyone a headache, that shouldn't count. Who are the QBs who are ahead of Schaub in yards, TDs, and/or QB rating?m

All 3 Categories
Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Ryan
P. Manning

2 of 3 Categories
Romo
Luck
Freeman
Wilson
Roethlisberger

2 of 3 Categories (if Rushing TDs are included)
Stafford
Palmer
Griffin III

That list puts 13 QBs ahead of Schaub by your criteria. It doesn't include:

Eli Manning
Flacco
Newton
Kaepernick

Do you think there's any team in the NFL that would take Schaub over those 4 QBs? That's 17 QBs ahead of Schaub. And it doesn't include:

Rivers
Cutler
Alex Smith

That's the tier I would put Schaub in. Guys who have had good seasons, but have yet to get over the hump and prove they can carry teams. Vets who have never shown they have that something special to carry teams. That would be:

Rivers
Cutler
Alex Smith
Palmer
Schaub

That would place Schaub between 17-21. Is that really so far off from the #23 ranking he was given? No one is hating or being silly. Matt Schaub is a soon to be 32 year old middle of the road QB who has likely peaked. That's reality.

And I would be happy with that if we knew the Texans were getting the Matt Schaub from of the initial 12 games with a 94.5 QBR and not the Matt Schaub who sputtered into the playoffs with a 78.6 QBR over the last 4 games. Because the Matt Schaub that ended the season is not going to get the Texans where they want to be. No matter where you rank him.

Last edited by Lucky; 05-18-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013   #50
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
OK, we will use your criteria of yards, TDs, and QB rating to determine where Schaub should rank. Wins is not a QB stat. Football teams win games. So unless you're talking about some fantasy geek win share stats that will give everyone a headache, that shouldn't count. Who are the QBs who are ahead of Schaub in yards, TDs, and/or QB rating?

All 3 Categories
Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Ryan
P. Manning

2 of 3 Categories
Romo
Luck
Freeman
Wilson
Roethlisberger

2 of 3 Categories (if Rushing TDs are included)
Stafford
Palmer Griffin III

That list puts 13 QBs ahead of Schaub by your criteria. It doesn't include:

Eli Manning
Flacco
Newton
Kaepernick

Do you think there's any team in the NFL that would take Schaub over those 4 QBs? That's 17 QBs ahead of Schaub. And it doesn't include:

Rivers
Cutler
Alex Smith

That's the tier I would put Schaub in. Guys who have had good seasons, but have yet to get over the hump and prove they can carry teams. Vets who have never shown they have that something special to carry teams. That would be:

Rivers
Cutler
Alex Smith
Palmer
Schaub

That would place Schaub between 17-21. Is that really so far off from the #23 ranking he was given? No one is hating or being silly. Matt Schaub is a soon to be 32 year old middle of the road QB who has likely peaked. That's reality.

And I would be happy with that if we knew the Texans were getting the Matt Schaub from of the initial 12 games with a 94.5 QBR and not the Matt Schaub who sputtered into the playoffs with a 78.6 QBR over the last 4 games. Because the Matt Schaub that ended the season is not going to get the Texans where they want to be. No matter where you rank him.
I would have to agree. I think Schaub is at the top of the group you listed him in, but I believe there are young QB's such as Stafford & Newton who have the potential to grow & separate themselves from him. The criteria of team wins that another poster listed doesn't paint the full picture of the potential of an individual player & Stafford & Newton seem to be perfect examples of that. Their teams struggled but that doesn't diminish their overall talent imo.

Schaub is good but faultered at the end of last season. It remains to be seen if it was just a temporary slump or the beginning of deteriorated skills. Time will tell.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013   #51
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Schaub is good but faultered at the end of last season. It remains to be seen if it was just a temporary slump or the beginning of deteriorated skills. Time will tell.
I think that Newton trying to play through an injury had a lot to do with this. Schaub starting getting hit a lot more and he stopped trusting that he'd have time to throw.

32 years old isn't that old for a quarterback. Lots of guys continue to produce past that point and some guys even get better as they get into their mid-30's.

If we can upgrade our line and the depth of the line, I think Schaub will do better.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013   #52
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think that Newton trying to play through an injury had a lot to do with this. Schaub starting getting hit a lot more and he stopped trusting that he'd have time to throw.

32 years old isn't that old for a quarterback. Lots of guys continue to produce past that point and some guys even get better as they get into their mid-30's.

If we can upgrade our line and the depth of the line, I think Schaub will do better.
I agree he isn't old, but sometimes QB's just lose it. Culpepper completely fell off the map shortly after being one of the leading passers. Rivers is struggling like no other despite his age. McNabb went from being a #1 QB to out of the NFL in a few short years. It can happen & is exactly the reason why I said that time will tell.

I hope its just a slump for the sake of the Texans, but he finished very poorly & didn't show much improvement until the Pats laid off & gave up easy yardage to close out the playoff game. Hopefully the o-line will show improvement & w/ the addition of Hopkins Schaub will have tools around him to succeed. In my mind this essentially erases all the excuses & puts the success & failures of the offense on Schaub & his performances alone. They go as he goes.
Old 05-17-2013   #53
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Really. is that that much difference between Newton and Ryan Harris? I'm not sure if Harris isn't a better pass protector. And it's not as if the Texans were facing formidable pass defenses at the end of the season. Indy (21st), Minnesota (24th), and New England (29th) should not have given the Texans pass offense as much trouble as they did.

Quote:
Another possible explanation is injury. Be it a flare up of the foot or a new injury.
Old 05-17-2013   #54
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really. is that that much difference between Newton and Ryan Harris? I'm not sure if Harris isn't a better pass protector. And it's not as if the Texans were facing formidable pass defenses at the end of the season. Indy (21st), Minnesota (24th), and New England (29th) should not have given the Texans pass offense as much trouble as they did.
Up to the point Newton went down (using a rotation of Newton and Harris), we were averaging a little less than 1.4 sacks per game.

Newton went down and didn't play in the Titan game (0 sacks), the First New England Debacle (2 sacks), the Colts (3 sacks). Then he came back and started trying to play through the injury and we jump up to 4 sacks against the Vikings and the Colts.

In the playoffs, our sack totals went back down but I believe that Newton coming back in for those last two games and trying to play went a long way to keeping us from winning AND to getting Schaub rattled and possibly re-injured. I don't think Schaub was totally healthy those last few games.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013   #55
tru80texan
Veteran

Quote:

Another possible explanation is injury. Be it a flare up of the foot or a new injury.
Until I hear something from a legitimate source about an injury, I'm not going to assume that one exist just to excuse his poor play. There has been plenty of time & tons of criticism that you would assume that if an injury did exist it would have surfaced by now in attempt to at least quiet some of the criticism. If it existed I believe it would've been reported by now. Everything I've have read is he is healthy & going about his normal activities. If I recall correctly, even our own Texans Chick has stated the same.

Sometimes poor play is just poor play. Players can regress & it remains to be seen if Schaub can get it turned around. Hopefully it was just a slump, but it will be on Schaub to prove the doubters wrong as many of his past excuses are being addressed imo.
Old 05-18-2013   #56
Lucky

Quote:
Until I hear something from a legitimate source about an injury, I'm not going to assume that one exist just to excuse his poor play.
Players and even teams hide injuries (see Ed Reed, hip). You can wait to hear whatever you want, and I will continue to believe what I see with my eyes. Even McNair alluded to Schaub getting healthier this offseason. Maybe he knows something, or maybe he just saw what I saw. Whether Schaub was playing hurt or not is speculation either way.
Old 05-18-2013   #57
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 40043 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who are the QBs who are ahead of Schaub in yards, TDs, and/or QB rating?

All 3 Categories
Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Ryan
P. Manning
So 2 first ballot HOFers and 2 more that will probably will make it vs Schab on a team with AJ and the third stringers with a run first conservative coach. None of them in the big game this year either.
Old 05-18-2013   #58
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

This has been the longest off season ever, and the Schaub ripping that has gone on with our fanbase is getting old fast. I love how everyone seems to ignore our defense giving up 40 points twice to the Patriots. If that happens again this year we could have Jesus H Christ at QB and we would still lose.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I agree he isn't old, but sometimes QB's just lose it. Culpepper completely fell off the map shortly after being one of the leading passers. Rivers is struggling like no other despite his age. McNabb went from being a #1 QB to out of the NFL in a few short years. It can happen & is exactly the reason why I said that time will tell.

I hope its just a slump for the sake of the Texans, but he finished very poorly
Culpepper was never the same after the knee. He wasn't much of a scrambler before that, but in a pinch, he'd pick up 10 yards if needed. That part of his game was taken away from him & he became more of a statue, with less talented players around him. No more Moss, no more CC, no more Robert Smith.

McNabb couldn't stay healthy, then after leaving Philly & Andy Ried's system, he struggled to learn new things (I've always said his problem was instead of developing his QB, Ried developed a system around his QB).

Rivers, the team around him has steadily got worse & worse.

I don't think Schaub is elite, but in this system he can look like it. I think TPN is most right about Newton's injury being the biggest reason our offense took a nose dive in December & January. It's not that Newton is that much better than Harris, it's that Newton is more consistent.

Kubiak/Schaub can plan around consistency & that's what makes our offence tick. Myers wouldn't be starting for any other team, I'm surprised Briesel is. But together they can give Kubiak/Schaub something they can consistently work with.

KDub was consistent, we kept him instead of Jacoby, even though Jacoby was the better play-maker. & that's the thing Hopkins has to provide if he's going to truly be a part of our offense in 2013.

I don't think Schaub's foot is a "big" problem for us. There hasn't been one word about helping Matt deal with an injury, or even playing better later in the year (not one word from the Texans, got a lot from us on tt.com). Bringing in Stephen McGee & Colin Klein are the only measures we've taken to improve the QB position.

Next year, I think Schaub is going to look elite again
Old 05-18-2013   #60
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
So 2 first ballot HOFers and 2 more that will probably will make it vs Schab on a team with AJ and the third stringers with a run first conservative coach. None of them in the big game this year either.
What exactly are you trying to say? Those QBs have led their teams to championships. We don't know yet if Schaub is even capable of going along for the ride.

No one is suggesting that the Texans have to have QB play at the Brady-Peyton level. It would be nice, but that's not happening. What we want to see is something along the lines of the 2011 Eli Manning or 2012 Joe Flacco playoff level. That is not too much to ask and likely necessary for the Texans to become Super Bowl champs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read