Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-16-2013   #41
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Talk UDFA Game

Lemon was a good college receiver, but I think he's a long shot to play in the NFL.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013   #42
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
Do Not Count This

It appears based on JUST what we heard at Rookie Mini-Camp that it will be..

1. Dennis Johnson RB Arkansas
2. A.J. Bouye CB UCF
3. Cierre Wood RB Notre Dame
4. Willie Jefferson OLB Stephen F. Austin
5. Alec Lemon WR Syracuse
Could happen. We will see come OTAs/TC/PS though. There is a lot of time before the regular season begins.

I forgot to add- in the event of a player being placed on IR, that player will be worth the PS value

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseFan View Post
Some background on Lemon:

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...f-d9b86979609e

Highlights

http://www.patriots.com/media-center...5-f0011219192d

Interview

http://prointerviews.org/2013/04/16/aleclemon

Not sure how many Texans fans are familiar with him.
We aren't terribly familiar with Lemon, so thanks for the links. What are your opinions on the guy?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013   #43
CuseFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 CuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Could happen. We will see come OTAs/TC/PS though. There is a lot of time before the regular season begins.

I forgot to add- in the event of a player being placed on IR, that player will be worth the PS value

We aren't terribly familiar with Lemon, so thanks for the links. What are your opinions on the guy?
I have some bias, but he has a great shot at doing well in the NFL, despite 76Texans thoughts. He has great hands, makes his living in the middle of the field. He won't be a "premier" receiver based on his speed, but if he stays healthy he could have a long productive career, quietly putting up numbers. Hope he sticks with the Texans - he could be a very productive 3rd receiver for years to come - but it's the NFL, never know how the business pans out...
CuseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013   #44
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
Do Not Count This

It appears based on JUST what we heard at Rookie Mini-Camp that it will be..

1. Dennis Johnson RB Arkansas
2. A.J. Bouye CB UCF
3. Cierre Wood RB Notre Dame
4. Willie Jefferson OLB Stephen F. Austin
5. Orhian Johnson S Ohio State
A J Bouye impressed me a whole lot.
Play much faster than his speed indicates.
Solid all around CB.
Honestly, I think this guy should have been drafted.
He can play.

I think I put him ahead of all the UDFA CBs now.
This guy has a good chance to stick.
I might even like him better than Carmichael.
Old 05-17-2013   #45
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseFan View Post
I have some bias, but he has a great shot at doing well in the NFL, despite 76Texans thoughts. He has great hands, makes his living in the middle of the field. He won't be a "premier" receiver based on his speed, but if he stays healthy he could have a long productive career, quietly putting up numbers. Hope he sticks with the Texans - he could be a very productive 3rd receiver for years to come - but it's the NFL, never know how the business pans out...
Lemon is just another guy why I think this class is so deep.
There are quite a few UDFA receivers who intrigued me.
28 guys were drafted, but I think you can make a case for another dozen or so.
It's impossible to project them, and I've been concentrating on receivers the last 3 years.
After all, they are young, some may flatten out, some continue to develop.
There are so many football programs out there now; more guys are playing the game than ever.
A late bloomer can fall through the crack.
Old 05-17-2013   #46
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Just under the wire:

1) George Winn, RB, Cincinnati (really excited about this guy)

2) Justin Tuggle, LB, Kansas State

3) Johnny Adams, CB, Michigan State

4) Ja'Gared Davis, LB, SMU

5) Earl Okine, DE, Florida (had a draftable grade by many)
Tuggle is another guy who intrigues me.
It looks like he played at a lighter weight in college, and he was darn fast under 230.
At one of the All-Star game, he weighed in over 240, I think.
He still made some play, but he wasn't as fast as I think that would make him an NFL player.

We'll see if he can get use to playing with more bulk, but this guy shouldn't be written off.
Old 08-29-2013   #47
76Texan
Hall of Fame

So, we should have the final roster on Saturday, right?

When do the teams start signing players to their PS?
Sunday?
Monday?
Old 08-29-2013   #48
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
1. Zach Boren
2. Willie Jefferson
3. Justin Tuggle
4. Dennis Johnson
5. Johnny Adams
Zach Boren really let me down
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #49
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Zach Boren really let me down
Who knows; he might still make the PS.
Old 08-29-2013   #50
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
So, we should have the final roster on Saturday, right?

When do the teams start signing players to their PS?
Sunday?
Monday?
6:00 pm Saturday for practice squad
Old 08-29-2013   #51
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

A couple of our UFDAs won't make it to Saturday night.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #52
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

So, I was thinking for players that the Texans cut that get picked up by other teams, we count them as equivalent to being a PS player for the Texans. Sound fair to everyone?
Old 08-30-2013   #53
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Oh, I didn't realize that we have to put them in order.
Hmm, that's hard.
I like some guys more, but we need some guy at RB.
Hmm, let's see...

Wood
D Johnson
O Johnson
Howard
Okine
Whatever you want to do rmartin; I just need for Wood to make the roster, and maybe DJ landing on a PS somewhere.
Old 08-31-2013   #54
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Oh what the hell...

1. J. Tuggle, OLB
2. J. Adams, CB
3. J. Davis, ILB
4. U. Nwachukwu, WR
5. R. Graham, RB
Right now I'm looking at getting 10-12 points; I think Tuggle makes the 53 and EZ or Davis get on the P/S.
....maybe

...hey, how many points are awarded if one of our picks is snagged by another team while trying to go thru waivers??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #55
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Right now I'm looking at getting 10-12 points; I think Tuggle makes the 53 and EZ or Davis get on the P/S.
....maybe

...hey, how many points are awarded if one of our picks is snagged by another team while trying to go thru waivers??
Right now I have you at 14 points; 10 for Tuggle making the 53, and 4 for Davis, who was cut by the Texans but picked up by the Patriots.

Davis is an example of how I have decided to deal with players cut by the Texans but placed on the 53 of another team- you are awarded the PS points for the player, as he was indeed cut by the Texans. But since another team thought highly enough to place him on the 53, then we can make the educated guess that he would have landed on the Texans' PS.
Old 08-31-2013   #56
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Right now I have you at 14 points; 10 for Tuggle making the 53, and 4 for Davis, who was cut by the Texans but picked up by the Patriots.

Davis is an example of how I have decided to deal with players cut by the Texans but placed on the 53 of another team- you are awarded the PS points for the player, as he was indeed cut by the Texans. But since another team thought highly enough to place him on the 53, then we can make the educated guess that he would have landed on the Texans' PS.
Ja'Gared Davis wasn't placed on the Patriots 53. He was waived today.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #57
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Davis wasn't placed on the Patriots 53. He was waived today.
Ah, news to me. I will have to change that, thanks.
Old 08-31-2013   #58
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't know if anyone saw this but after we cut George Winn, he was picked up by the Patriots.

I've looked over some of the cuts but I haven't seen him cut, yet.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #59
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Don't know if anyone saw this but after we cut George Winn, he was picked up by the Patriots.

I've looked over some of the cuts but I haven't seen him cut, yet.
They let him go earlier today.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/...d-george-winn/
Old 08-31-2013   #60
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
1.D.Johnson
2. Adams
3. Tuggle
4. Wood
5. Starling

Wildcard, if healthy Marlon Brown takes Jeans spot on the roster. However I think Brown starts out on injured reserve.
Looks like I got Wood and Tuggle right.

I thought Johnson would make it over Wood due to his ST's value. But Johnson's fumbling problem combined with Wood clearly being being the better RB doomed Johnson.

I kinda figured one of the FA RB's would replace Forsett on the cheap. Looks like Wood could be a keeper in the Alfred Morris kinda way.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read