Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-16-2013   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Looking Ahead

Here's another take.

13-3 only losing to the 49ers, Jags, & Colts

Quote:
The Texans will complete its best season ever with a 13-3 record, convincingly winning the AFC South. If the Texans play in the wild card round (even with its record), it will pick up another playoff win. Only time will tell if Houston will finally win in the Divisional round of the playoffs.

If the Texans happen to advance to the AFC Championship, The Patriots will prevail in that game, avenging the Week 13 loss in Reliant Stadium.
I also like their nickname for our defense.
Quote:
The Texans and its ‘Thundering Herd’ defense
Old 05-17-2013   #22
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking 10-6 or 11-5.I'm really looking forward to the SD and Cards games. I'll be going to both!!! I'm working in El Centro, Ca right now and it's an easy drive to both stadiums.
Old 05-17-2013   #23
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That means Patriots and Ravens again during the regular season. AND we play the:

Niners, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Rams
Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, and Chiefs

What do you guys think about next year's opponents at this point?
Patriots are still the Patriots. We have a chance against them, but it's a 50/50 proposition, IMO. I'll have to wait and see how the Ravens turn out with the departure of so many familiar faces and the influx of new talent.

NFC West - The 49ers are a better team. If I were a Seahawks fan, I'd feel pretty good about the chances of a win. Cards and Rams are worse teams, but they won't be as bad as people think.

AFC West - Broncos and Texans are just about even, IMO. Chargers aren't quite as good. Raiders and Chiefs have some talent, but they're still putting it together.

2013 will be all about the Texans. I could see the Pats and Niners games being like the Pats and Packers games from last year. If they can get their stuff together and keep it together, they have a very good team. But they have a couple very key weaknesses that just are not going away. So can they overcome them?
Old 05-17-2013   #24
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If we get New England early in the season, we might have a chance to get that win. So let's see

Patriots
Ravens
Niners
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers
Chiefs

Titans
Colts
Jags
Titans
Colts
Jags

I think we sweep the whole division in 2013.

13-3
I don't see us being able to beat Indy at thier house. The NFL doesn't allow us to win in Indy......
Old 05-17-2013   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I don't see us being able to beat Indy at thier house. The NFL doesn't allow us to win in Indy......
Hopefully this is the year we start taking what we want.
Old 05-17-2013   #26
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32969 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

We are in a division with teams that made significant moves to try and improve. Hopefully we will be healthy when the season starts, and some of our rookies will be able to come in and contribute right away. Even if that is the case, I believe it will be a tougher division than it was last year. It should be the Texans or Colts for the division, with our overall record between 10-6 and 12-4 depending IMHO on the QB situation and health of the team.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Here's another take.

They also have the Colts & the Titans going 10-6

Including a Titan victory over the 9ers.
Old 05-17-2013   #28
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here's another take.

I like this nickname myself....

Quote:
Week 16 vs DENThe Bayou Bulls tune up for a playoff run by beating QB Payton Manning and the efficient Broncos’ offense. Despite a stalwart effort by Manning and WR Wes Welker, the Broncos come up short. Texans 20-17.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013   #29
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 33986 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
We are in a division with teams that made significant moves to try and improve...
Yep, Titans got Kevin Walter. We're doomed.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013   #30
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Quote:
Hopefully this is the year we start taking what we want.
Sounds good, but I thought we would take it when they had Orlovsky & then a rookie starting at QB the last 2 seasons. Didn't quite work out & I'm not sure the situation has exactly shaped up to be any easier of a task for this upcoming season.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #31
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not saying that any of the playoff caliber teams are afraid of us; but, if we stay healthy, we could beat anybody. The Patriots, for instance, made us look bad, but they'd have to worry about playing the same team with a healthy Cushing and Reed on the field. Scared, no, but worried. At the same time, we could have those guys healthy and Watt out for some reason, or our dependable LT...

I think we've got a roster than can and WILL beat anybody, if they win that pesky game of attrition. Doesn't mean Schaub is Manning or Brady, but he's good enough (although I wasn't real happy with his performance late last year) and has the talent around him.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #32
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9284 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

On paper it should be 11-5 , but seeing how we usually blow 2 games we have no business losing I expect 9-7. I think all these free agent losses are finally going to catch up to us.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #33
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55057 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year I predicted 11-5, and even with our meltdown at the end we went 12-4. So I'm guessing around 11-5 again, just because our schedule is tougher and we aren't sneaking up on anyone.
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Last year I predicted 11-5, and even with our meltdown at the end we went 12-4. So I'm guessing around 11-5 again, just because our schedule is tougher and we aren't sneaking up on anyone.
How is our schedule tougher?

Baltimore, SF, NE, Denver..... eh...

Technically, the schedule is easier than last year.

I understand people are looking at Seattle as if they are a good team. But we don't know that. They had a good season last year, but just as likely to struggle next year. They haven't shown the ability to put back to back seasons together in quite some time.

KC, StLouis, they might be alright, but what are the odds?
Old 05-18-2013   #35
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I understand people are looking at Seattle as if they are a good team. But we don't know that. They had a good season last year, but just as likely to struggle next year. They haven't shown the ability to put back to back seasons together in quite some time.

I think you are shortchanging Seattle quite a bit. They have bolstered their defense & offense this offseason & that was after they made a very decent playoff run. Their defense is underrated by most & their offense added Harvin. Wilson is very mobile & the Texans have had their fair share of struggles w/ mobile qb's. I realize names don't make a team a winner, but Carroll has turned this team around quickly & they very much seem to be on the rise. I think they are a team to be reckoned with & overlooking them could be a mistake IMO. Seattle w/out a doubt in my mind makes our schedule a bit tougher.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #36
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 268618 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Learn the rules. Going into each season the next schedule is always tougher. Coming out of a season the last schedule was always easy.
Old 05-18-2013   #37
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
learn the rules. Going into each season the next schedule is always tougher. Coming out of a season the last schedule was always easy (and will likely never be easier, so we blew the best chance we'll ever have).
fify
Old 05-18-2013   #38
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55057 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't know what you mean by 'technically'.

All I know is we are playing the two most competitive divisions in each conference this year.
Old 05-18-2013   #39
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
I don't know what you mean by 'technically'.

All I know is we are playing the two most competitive divisions in each conference this year.
I can't speak for TK, but if you look at the Texans 2013 opponents cumulative record in 2012, you'll see it's 120-132-2 which puts it at the 27th hardest in the NFL.
LINK

Compare that to our opponents cumulative record of 127-129 for the season just ended (which puts it at 21st most difficult in the league), and you can say the 2012 schedule was more difficult than 2013 looks to be.
LINK

Now I'm certain that you can come up with all sorts of reasons why this isn't correct, and is misleading - and you may be right - but keep in mind he did say "technically", and this might just be what he meant.
Old 05-18-2013   #40
Vance87
Hall of Fame

SOS for last season means almost nothing.

The combined SOS for the Vikings and Colts going to 2012 was 5-27. We all thought we'd breeze by Minn and most of us thought we'd sweep Indy. Both teams were playoff teams in 2012, had a combined record of 21-9 and both teams beat us quite handily.

Actually I just remembered I found our 2012 SOS based on that year's W-L rather than the previous, and we had the toughest schedule in the AFC.

So yes, here's hoping our sched is easier...I'm a glass half empty guy though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read