Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-10-2013   #41
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rookie mini-camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Video for the one-handed grab is up:

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...2-09ce61b9999e
the Texans have already given someone Cody's number #95

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013   #42
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
Kubiak on @casekeenum7: Its automatic for him now. I think Case is fixing to be extremely competitive with TJ and Matt."
This is big to me, and could be very telling of the organizations future.

I would not be surprised if Keenum can beat out Yates for the #2 spot.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013   #43
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 57187 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

That one hand grab was AWESOME
Old 05-10-2013   #44
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 54152 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
My computer does not like their video system. I haven't been able to watch videos over there for a while now.

Very frustrating.
In Safari I had to turn off popup blocker to get the vids to work. Didn't make sense because it doesn't open a new window.
Old 05-10-2013   #45
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
OLB Sam Montgomery, who left the morning practice w/ a tight back, returned to practice this afternoon #Texans @NickScurfield
Cut 'em now, they can't hang!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013   #46
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
In Safari I had to turn off popup blocker to get the vids to work. Didn't make sense because it doesn't open a new window.
I'm using Chrome and it totally failed. I tried it in IE and it worked fine.

So.

There you go.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013   #47
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is exactly what I needed after a 14 hour work day and a kickoff to my vacation.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013   #48
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18944 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Video for the one-handed grab is up:

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...2-09ce61b9999e
Who's number 64? Looked way too fast to be a OL.
Old 05-11-2013   #49
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Who's number 64? Looked way too fast to be a OL.
64 . . Johnson, Delano . . .OLB . . .6-4 . . . 280. . .25 . . . R . . . Bowie State

Quote:
TRANSACTIONS: Signed with Houston Texans on May 14, 2012...signed the by Texans to Reserve/Future contracts on Jan. 24, 2013.
COLLEGE:
Racked up 219 tackles, six interceptions, 20 pass breakups, five forced fumbles, six fumble recoveries and five sacks in his career at Bowie State
Saw action in nine games a senior (eight starts) and racked up tackles (31 solo) including seven tackles-for-loss
Set school records in blocked kicks/punts for a season with seven in 2010 and career blocked kicks/punts with 11
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013   #50
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

DJ came from a small school where he registered 20 PBUs and 11 blocked kicks/punts.

He showed some flashes last PS.

I hope to see a little more of him this year.

Edit - I saw that Obsi just pulled up those numbers, too!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013   #51
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DJ came from a small school where he registered 20 PBUs and 11 blocked kicks/punts.

He showed some flashes last PS.

I hope to see a little more of him this year.

Edit - I saw that Obsi just pulled up those numbers, too!
looks like a good find for Joe's special teams squads
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
This is big to me, and could be very telling of the organizations future.

I would not be surprised if Keenum can beat out Yates for the #2 spot.
We'll see. Coming from Kubiak this sounds more like, "Why do y'all keep asking me about my QBs? I don't really want to answer, but since I have to say something, let me throw out some meaningless yap. I drafted a WR in the 1st round & 6th round this year, a third & a fourth last year..... no one asks me about replacing Andre. I pick up an undrafted guy on a "tryout" basis & all of a sudden I'm overhauling my QB corps......... sheesh."

But it's hard to tell with Kubiak & that's the way he wants it.
Old 05-11-2013   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I'm using Chrome and it totally failed. I tried it in IE and it worked fine.

So.

There you go.
I'm running chrome on a Dell e6400 Latitude.... worked fine.
Old 05-11-2013   #54
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
looks like a good find for Joe's special teams squads
... If he makes the roster!
Old 05-11-2013   #55
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
the Texans have already given someone Cody's number #95
Yeah, it was mentioned in the thread that has all the numbers for the rookies.
Old 05-11-2013   #56
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
My computer does not like their video system. I haven't been able to watch videos over there for a while now.

Very frustrating.
I think it's because of the compatibility between different web browsers and video players.
Old 05-11-2013   #57
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Day 2 Rookie Mini-Camp

Thanks to all the tweeters from my Day 1 thread. (Most of these Day 2 tweeters are from Patrick Starr, and Stephanie Stradley.)

Day 1 Mini-Camp Thread

http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=37044

Day 2 Mini-Camp vvvv

Quote:
Swearinger and Hopkins stood out once again. Swearinger had a pick 6 and Hopkins showed off his hands.
Quote:
Talked to Trevardo Williams after practice said the speed of the game and learning on the run have been the biggest difference.
Quote:
Williams said he has to get used to the weather down here in Texas. Said this isn't Conneticut anymore.
Quote:
rookie minicamp OH: Just wait until you see the body transformation of G Brandon Brooks.
Quote:
Collin Klein is hot and cold as a quarterback. Makes some great throws on the run with accuracy then has trouble in the pocket.
Quote:
Talked to Alan Bonner after practice. Felt he has to learn to how to be a professional. Called it nothing but football out there.
Quote:
Had a chance to talk to Justin Tuggle. Says he feels at home here (played at Blinn) and is comfortable w/ the SOLb position.
Quote:
Montgomery had his back tighten up again. Worked though it majority of the first practice.
Uh-Oh, could be re-occurring theme here..

Quote:
Tight end Ryan Griffin looked good catching the football. Big target and understands soft spots in coverage.
Quote:
Can't report what was said during practice, but it's fun watching @Nukdabomb and @JungleBoi_Swagg go at it. Hope they don't change.
Love this healthy competition.

Quote:
Alan Bonner says that having #texans coach Gary Kubiak already in his corner only makes him work harder.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013   #58
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
EZ Nwachukwu showed a little something. Ability to get over the top and catch across the middle.
Quote:
Today Wade Phillips noted what an instinctive player Swearinger is. Mentioned an interception Swearinger left his area to go get.
Quote:
S DJ Swearinger had a nice INT today. @sonofbum: "He's very instinctive. He was playing in another area but made the play." #Texans
Old 05-11-2013   #59
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Quote:
Running backs are fun to watch already. Winn, Graham, Wood and Johnson all have done something to impress.
#Texans
Old 05-11-2013   #60
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Nice!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read