Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-06-2013   #41
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DET waived Titus Young today

I always like to click on these threads and count how many posts until someone suggests we should give him a chance. No matter the player it always happens eventually.
Old 02-06-2013   #42
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 74864 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I always like to click on these threads and count how many posts until someone suggests we should give him a chance. No matter the player it always happens eventually.
You're still waiting 'cause I ain't doin' it.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #43
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
You're still waiting 'cause I ain't doin' it.
I ain't waitin. Didn't take past the first post.
Old 02-15-2013   #44
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Rams have officially announced the hiring of defensive coordinator Tim Walton. But the tenure of wide receiver Titus Young is over before it started.

League sources have confirmed earlier reports out of Detroit that Young will be cut by the Rams — just nine days after being claimed on waivers by St. Louis from the Lions.

Young had been at Rams Park just a couple of days this week — meeting team coaches and officials, taking a physical, etc. Apparently, that was enough for the Rams to decide it wasn’t going to work.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...AmPKX4.twitter

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Sounds like a winner to me. We should snatch him up.
Old 02-15-2013   #46
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Fisher: Are you serious in trying to rehabilitate your sociopathic ways?

Young: Sure.

Fisher: Good, we have you scheduled tomorrow for the first of your series of electroshock therapy sessions.

Young: Ain't gonna happen!

Fisher: Don't let the door hit you in the ass!

More likely, the decision made in this short a period of time, the Rams have had a chance to evaluated his knee, and indeed it requires surgery which he still has not had.

Quote:
Rotoworld Jan 2
Lions GM Martin Mayhew said Titus Young has yet to undergo knee surgery after he was placed on injured reserve in the first week of December. Head coach Jim Schwartz threw a jab at Young as he was placed on the injured list, saying that the receiver would undergo surgery "unless he doesn't show up for it." So, he either didn't show up or it has yet to be scheduled.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013   #47
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 111736 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

That was a quickie relationship.
Old 02-15-2013   #48
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230490 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

That's gonna smart.

Fisher will date damn near anybody.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013   #49
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ex-lion...0989--nfl.html
Quote:
Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young was arrested twice in 15 hours on Sunday in southern California.
According to a Moreno Valley Police Department report, Young arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence after he made an illegal left turn in front of a patrol vehicle at 12:01 a.m. Sunday. Young was booked into jail and received a citation before he was released.
That afternoon, Young was spotted jumping a fence at a tow company where his Ford Mustang was impounded and arrested for burglary when police determined he was trying to retrieve his car. He again was booked into jail.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013   #50
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230490 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't hurt to bring him in and kick the tires on him.

It's not like he got arrested three times in a 24 hour period.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013   #51
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 103457 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

And his NFL career is officially over. Some team in a different league might take a chance on him, I hear the Omaha Beef are looking for a QB and probably a WR. Besides that I don't see any team in the NFL giving him the time of day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013   #52
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Arrested twice in one day. Definitely not going to make a team. If he had a better mentality he'd be a great WR. Too bad he's not focused enough.
Old 05-08-2013   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Wouldn't hurt to bring him in and kick the tires on him.

It's not like he got arrested three times in a 24 hour period.
Agreed. We could use a few players willing to take the ball from the other team.... uh... maybe we can put him on defense.
Old 05-08-2013   #54
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep forgetting that this thread is from February.

When I read the title I keep thinking Detroit waived him again, just to make sure everyone was clear that this guy wasn't a Lion.
Old 05-08-2013   #55
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28282 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

He's got to be thinking "How many more times do I have to get arrested for the Bengals to call?"
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013   #56
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
He's got to be thinking "How many more times do I have to get arrested for the Bengals to call?"
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013   #57
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I keep forgetting that this thread is from February.

When I read the title I keep thinking Detroit waived him again, just to make sure everyone was clear that this guy wasn't a Lion.
Ha, this reminds me of duck hunting with my son before he went into the Marines last year. It seemed like every bird I'd hit, he'd shoot it again on the way down. His reasoning was so he wouldn't have to get in the boat to chase them if they were just wounded.

Crazy kid, lol
Old 05-12-2013   #58
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
And the answer he came up with was "At least one more time":
Quote:
For the third time in a week, former Lions wide receiver Titus Young is in trouble with the law.

Young was arrested around 11:30 p.m. Friday in San Clemente, Calif. after police say he broke into a home on the 3700 block of Calle Casino, according to Lt. Joe Balicki of the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

When officers arrived at the home, Young fled on foot, and after a brief pursuit, he fought with the officers, Balicki said Sunday.

"There was a brief struggle," he said. "He wanted to fight with the deputies. They ended up subduing him."

Young has been charged with burglary, assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest. As of 1 p.m. Sunday, he was still in custody with bail set at $75,000.
LINK
Old 05-12-2013   #59
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

at the risk of being labeled

this dude has serious issues!
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #60
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 270038 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When officers arrived at the home, Young fled on foot, and after a brief pursuit, he fought with the officers, Balicki said Sunday.
Who wants a WR who can't outrun police officers?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read