Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-08-2013   #41
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak: Collin Klein will get a chance at QB @ rookie minicamp

Doubt he'll make it into camp.
Old 05-08-2013   #42
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Doubt he'll make it into camp.
Why wouldn't he make it into camp?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013   #43
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdbag View Post
I'm not so sure. I already have seen people start to nitpick him and it will only get worse if Alabama doesn't go undefeated next season.
Nit pick usually is for most first rounders. So far no reason to say Alabama cannot go undefeated, but I do understand your point. After this draft, QBs should be even more in demand 2014.
Old 05-08-2013   #44
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Why wouldn't he make it into camp?
Just a hunch and I don't think he's a very good fit. Plus, I don't see us going into camp with 5 QBs. Who will he beat out?
Old 05-08-2013   #45
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
This kid is a long ways away from being an NFL QB. If it looks like it is correctable, put him on the PS. Hell, it might take two seasons on the PS to fix that delivery. It is hard to change your throwing motion, it takes time. Thats why it has never stuck with Tebow- He never gets the time to really get it down.

As for Keenum usurping Schaub- will. never. happen. He might stick as the 3rd QB or get put on the PS again (keeping 3 real QBs in the system is always a good idea), but him challenging for the starting role is laughable.

I am awaiting the reaction from the UH squad.
I was under impression that Klein'd delivery has to do with his right foot coming up too soon? That seems fixable.

Sic him 76!
Old 05-08-2013   #46
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Probably won't take long ...

... and there it is.
Fred remember that my plan calls for drafting QB 2014 to work under Schaub one season and then start 2015. Klein and Keenum 2 & 3 on roster.
Old 05-08-2013   #47
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just a hunch and I don't think he's a very good fit. Plus, I don't see us going into camp with 5 QBs. Who will he beat out?
If Keenum forces his way onto the active roster they'll probably want a PS QB. Even if Keenum doesn't make the roster, it wouldn't hurt to have two QB's on the Practice squad considering Klein is athletic enough to simulate other positions.

I don't think he has to beat out anyone to make it into camp. I think they could go to camp with 5.

This is a guy that Kubiak is bringing in at least partially because of a recommendation by a friend. I don't think he'll cut the guy without giving him a real shot.

We'll see though.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013   #48
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If Keenum forces his way onto the active roster they'll probably want a PS QB. Even if Keenum doesn't make the roster, it wouldn't hurt to have two QB's on the Practice squad considering Klein is athletic enough to simulate other positions.

I don't think he has to beat out anyone to make it into camp. I think they could go to camp with 5.

This is a guy that Kubiak is bringing in at least partially because of a recommendation by a friend. I don't think he'll cut the guy without giving him a real shot.

We'll see though.
Belichick had 4 QBs on the roster the year he drafted Brady, so everything is possible.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Soon after we picked him up, someone said we would probably use him during camp to help us get ready for Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, & Andrew Luck..... AT least the mobility they possess.

I don't know if it's true or not, but it is plausible.

Also, Keenum may not be as far along as we hoped. I can see McGee as a threat to both Keenum & Yates. & Klien to threaten Keenum on the PS.

The only way I see us carrying three QBs on the active roster, is if Kubiak is not happy with Yates.
Old 05-08-2013   #50
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I like that the Texans are taking a good long look at him just like they are with Keenum. Every time one of these guys is mentioned someone ends up posting a condescending comment about unrealistic UH fans (rmartin65 got his in first today) but really it seems like if you aren't getting in line to comment on how poor the odds are for these guys then you're portrayed as some unrealistic Cougar fan.

Like most of the people who comment about these things I'm just happy they are giving them a look. It's a good thing that the Texans are looking through the UDFA's for overlooked players. They just might find one eventually. I like Case Keenum and I'd like to think there was more to him than meets the eye. I'm not delusional about his chances though.
Old 05-08-2013   #51
OilerTexan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I like that the Texans are taking a good long look at him just like they are with Keenum. Every time one of these guys is mentioned someone ends up posting a condescending comment about unrealistic UH fans (rmartin65 got his in first today) but really it seems like if you aren't getting in line to comment on how poor the odds are for these guys then you're portrayed as some unrealistic Cougar fan.

Like most of the people who comment about these things I'm just happy they are giving them a look. It's a good thing that the Texans are looking through the UDFA's for overlooked players. They just might find one eventually. I like Case Keenum and I'd like to think there was more to him than meets the eye. I'm not delusional about his chances though.
I'm also glad they're looking at other QBs. It's inexpensive with a potential big payoff. The SF boards probably derided posters suggesting Kaepernick over Smith. I think we should look at guys with obvious advantages over Schaub: deep ball, mobility, run threat, ability to read/react to defences, youth.

Schaub getting only one rushing 1st down last season is crazy. Db's play Schaub differently now that they don't worry about a run or deep ball.
OilerTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013   #52
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Over 50 posts about 5th string qb working during rookie camp...

... yep, it's the off-season
Old 05-08-2013   #53
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 86117 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post

How many does the PS QB have? Seems about right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013   #54
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44848 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And we aren't even at the low point yet. That comes in mid July.
Vance87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013   #55
badboy
Site Contributor

What is wrong with discussing a potential addition to our roster? Has Kubiak assigned Klein's pecking order?
Old 05-09-2013   #56
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
What is wrong with discussing a potential addition to our roster? Has Kubiak assigned Klein's pecking order?

Sorry, I forgot there was no levity allowed

geez, could be why I don't frequent this board much anymore
Old 05-09-2013   #57
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Old 05-09-2013   #58
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

Maybe you should use one of those humor icons because it came across as denigrating rather than humorous.
Old 05-10-2013   #59
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 116198 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Maybe you should use one of those humor icons because it came across as denigrating rather than humorous.
not to me....
I thought it was amusing.
what was the denigrating part?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
not to me....
I thought it was amusing.
what was the denigrating part?
While I agree & thought it slightly amusing
Quote:

I can understand badboy's reaction. This is a very important part of the season for some, the college football fans, the draftniks, and those who are emotionally "involved" with the development of this team, among others.

JB's comment comes across insulting, as if their interest are misporportionately applied to trivial matters.

50 posts is not a big deal, but it shows that their are people interested.

It takes all kinds to form a community.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read