Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-06-2013   #1
Tango
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Tango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak: Collin Klein will get a chance at QB @ rookie minicamp

Per the Houston Chron:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...a-quarterback/
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 241209 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Kubiak: Collin Klein will get a chance at QB @ rookie minicamp

Quote:
Former NFL quarterback Jake Plummer, who Kubiak coached in Denver, has been working with Klein.

“We’ll see how much Jake has been able to teach him in a short period of time,” Kubiak said. “(Klein’s) a winner. Done a great job in college, so we’ll see.”
I've been wondering when and under what context that name would pop up again.
Old 05-06-2013   #3
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

He is a developmental project. He has the speed and strength to make plays with his feet but he needs to work on his technique and delivery if he's ever going to succeed in the NFL as a QB.

Aaron Rodgers had an extremely odd delivery when he was drafted at 24th overall but was able to learn and develop with the coaches and is now arguably the best QB in the game.

Could Klein have the same results? Most likely no, but there is room to dream.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #4
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

A possible mobile QB? What is that? I hope the makes the cut. He's a good athlete hopefully he can be a good nfl QB too.
Old 05-06-2013   #5
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
He is a developmental project. He has the speed and strength to make plays with his feet but he needs to work on his technique and delivery if he's ever going to succeed in the NFL as a QB.

Aaron Rodgers had an extremely odd delivery when he was drafted at 24th overall but was able to learn and develop with the coaches and is now arguably the best QB in the game.

Could Klein have the same results? Most likely no, but there is room to dream.
At least he has chance to work with right coaching staff for a developmental QB.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #6
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
At least he has chance to work with right coaching staff for a developmental QB.
We'll need to see how far Keenum has come first. If Keenum has really improved from year 1 to 2 then i'll feel a lot better with Klein's chances. I know Kubiak likes his QB projects but we have to see how far that project has come before we can know if Klein is in the right hands.

Klein has the attributes and is honestly a better passer than Tebow but just needs to put it all together.
Old 05-06-2013   #7
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Waiting for the Klein over schaub crowd.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-06-2013   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Big physical, winning leader who flashes Cam Newton core strength, heck yeah I'd take a flyer on him high reward low risk.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Big physical, winning leader who flashes Cam Newton core strength, heck yeah I'd take a flyer on him high reward low risk.
This. No cost for test driving. Love to be able to trade Yates & Schaub 2014 (or cut)& go with Collin & Keenum even if we still draft a QB high.
Old 05-06-2013   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
This. No cost for test driving. Love to be able to trade Yates & Schaub 2014 (or cut)& go with Collin & Keenum even if we still draft a QB high.
Is there a special handshake or something to get into the draftnik pot store?
Old 05-06-2013   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Some people are amazing.

Get rid of the Probowl and playoff winning QBs and hand the franchise over to 2 guys that nobody wanted, that can't make the game day roster because its a conspiracy. Smh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Is there a special handshake or something to get into the draftnik pot store?
No but people in the legal profession are usually excluded.

Seriously, a scenario could be select QB like David Fales next draft & he trains under Schaub 2014 season. We trade Yates after 2013 (signed thru 2014).
Trade Schaub after 2014.

In 2015 choose best of Fales (in his second year), Klein (3rd season) and Keenum. If nothing better, we can keep MS and select back up and third guy. Yates is getting closer to end of deal & we need to move or start him over Matt by end of his contract. This probably not best bet.
Old 05-06-2013   #13
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fales? I say we draft DEREK CARR

No, just kidding.

I have an awful feeling we're going to go for AJ McCarron or something. I like him but I don't think he has a very high ceiling.

He's a bit more mobile than Schaub though imo
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Some people are amazing.

Get rid of the Probowl and playoff winning QBs and hand the franchise over to 2 guys that nobody wanted, that can't make the game day roster because its a conspiracy. Smh.
To build dynasty, you move younger players up to replace starters when you can. Cuts costs and keeps youngsters motivated. Not all starters are HOFs, jersey in the rafter like AJ. Schaub is a good Qb but not great and like others is helped by the system. If he or others can be replaced with comparable if not exact why not consider?

In 2015 Matt's cap is $17m & 33 years old. I think people who think ahead are amazing.
Old 05-06-2013   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Fales? I say we draft DEREK CARR

No, just kidding.

I have an awful feeling we're going to go for AJ McCarron or something. I like him but I don't think he has a very high ceiling.

He's a bit more mobile than Schaub though imo
I expect McCarron to be a higher first round pick.
Old 05-06-2013   #16
greekdbag
Veteran

Rep Power: 1796 greekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I expect McCarron to be a higher first round pick.
I'm not so sure. I already have seen people start to nitpick him and it will only get worse if Alabama doesn't go undefeated next season.
greekdbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #17
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

If you watch him at the Shrine game he might have had some problems passing but was all over the place running the ball. Couldn't be stopped. Not what we're looking for but EJ Manuel did it at the Senior Bowl and was praised heavily for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID64nRw4k6I
Old 05-06-2013   #18
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
If you watch him at the Shrine game he might have had some problems passing but was all over the place running the ball. Couldn't be stopped. Not what we're looking for but EJ Manuel did it at the Senior Bowl and was praised heavily for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID64nRw4k6I
God that throwing motion...
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013   #19
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
No kidding.

I'm not a purist regarding mechanics, but there's a limit to "unorthodox."
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013   #20
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
It's quite the sight but my guess is Kubiak is going to break his arm, dislocate his elbow, snap his shoulder out of place and then start from scratch..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read