Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-02-2013   #21
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nfl Network:Top 100 players of 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
88 = Jacoby Jones
86 = London Fletcher
81 = Kaepernick
90 = Percy Harvin
Thanks I guess I was reading and flipping pages, I put jacoby on lol

Yeah. Ravens are going to be overrated in this one

However I figure being they have a reaction show and have interactive fan voting, I am thinking the list was made with magic 8 ball just for the reactions
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013   #22
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Players will react to it on twitter I'm sure asking who voted on this list it's garbage etc etc.
Old 05-02-2013   #23
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 21101 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Yea, so, Jacoby Jones just made this list at #88.

This program just lost all credibility.
That's a little harsh. I mean, he HAS been the Ravens playoff MVP for two years in a row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
For some reason, there is no #88
There was an 88, but after letting it bounce on the ground, they batted it to the other team.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013   #24
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

And Pollard... hm.... Think I'll stop watching this list now...
Old 05-03-2013   #25
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Cameron Wake has got to be one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He is a borderline top 5 defensive player. To put Bernard and Jacoby ahead of him is criminal.
Old 05-03-2013   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Anquan Boldin was clearly the better WR all year long and even in the playoffs.
I won't argue that. I'm not trying to defend Jacoby as the 88th best player in the league. I definitely don't feel that way. I also do not believe Joe Flacco should be rated higher than Matt Schaub in this year's 100, but I guarantee you he will be.

Apparently all the players still had the Super Bowl on their mind.

& though Boldin was clearly the better player all year long, it's hard (for me) to get past Jacoby in the play-offs & Super Bowl. He made plays in the return game as well as in the passing game. & they were electric. He was electric. Of course, RayLewis laid hands on him & all.

Again, I don't agree with the results, but I can see how it turned out that way.
Old 05-03-2013   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
And Pollard... hm.... Think I'll stop watching this list now...
I like to watch things like this, because it gives me insight to what the players think, instead of the assuming & projecting we do.

I don't think much of Steve Mariucci and I know most people don't think much of Denny Green. But I like to watch the coaches show & I listen to every Kubiak press conference, because I'd like to know what the coaches are thinking. Real coaches.

I draw the line at Casserly. I'd like to get the insights of GMs as well, but Casserly (imo) doesn't act like a GM anymore, he's more of a shock jock, just saying stuff.
Old 05-03-2013   #28
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
& though Boldin was clearly the better player all year long ...
AND in the playoffs. Jacoby Jones had a couple good plays in the playoffs that people are enamored with. Boldin bailed out Flacco several times on huge plays and people forget that.
Old 05-03-2013   #29
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AND in the playoffs. Jacoby Jones had a couple good plays in the playoffs that people are enamored with. Boldin bailed out Flacco several times on huge plays and people forget that.
Jacoby's TD catch against the Broncos can be most attributed to one if the worst plays by a safety I have ever seen.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
But he didn't dance in the end zone.
Old 05-03-2013   #31
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But he didn't dance in the end zone.
Well, I don't know about dancing, but he scored 4 times in the playoffs.
Old 05-04-2013   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Well, I don't know about dancing, but he scored 4 times in the playoffs.
Again, I'm not saying Jacoby was the better player, just trying to understand (myself) why more players would have voted him as such.

It's their opinion, not mine.

Think about it like this, in a few weeks they'll be talking about Andre as one of the top 15, maybe even top 10 & we'll be talking about how well they know their sht.
Old 05-04-2013   #33
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

After I have taken a step back and looked at the whole picture.I could see Jacoby at 88.

My knee jerk reaction was Jacoby Jones WR at 88..WTF.

I wouldn't have batted an eye if they. Would have listed it as "No.88 -Jacoby Jones WR/KR"

(I still haven't watched the clip BTW)
Old 05-04-2013   #34
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
After I have taken a step back and looked at the whole picture.I could see Jacoby at 88.
I don't see him as the 88th best player out of 1600ish players in the NFL. He had a great Super Bowl and that seems to be the only thing people are remembering. During the season, he caught 30 passes for 406 yards and a TD. He returned 37 punts and 38 kickoffs. He had 2 KR TDs and 1 PR TD. He had more punt return yardage 3 of the 5 years he was in Houston. He was one of the best kickoff return men in 2012, with the 4th best yardage total, best average, and 2 TDs. But his numbers weren't close to any of the great KR years we've seen from guys like Hester, Cribbs, Hall, or even Mathis' one All Pro year.

But even if you argue that he's the 88th best player, I'll let that slide, as long as you don't put Boldin at 93. That's ridiculous.
Old 05-04-2013   #35
Wolf
100% Texan

I agree. I should have thought on it a little more , Bouldin should have been At the least Swopped numbers with Jacoby.

I am thinking the reason Jacoby might have gotten on the list higher was the guys in the league got to pick 20 guys. and when they got down to the 20th pick they might have though "me show some special teams love" and the names narrow down a bit there and Jacoby happened to stick in their memory.

Last edited by Wolf; 05-05-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Adjust some weird ass spelling of a non word
Old 05-05-2013   #36
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Here is an explanation of how the voting works - Link

In short there is a very low participation by players. Even worse these are not folks the players thought were top 100 - they were identified as top 20 players in the league.
Old 05-05-2013   #37
Lucky

Rep Power: 102976 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Here is an explanation of how the voting works - Link

In short there is a very low participation by players. Even worse these are not folks the players thought were top 100 - they were identified as top 20 players in the league.
That's even more confusing? Someone thinks Dennis Pitta is among the top 20 players in the league? I think the Ravens filled out a disproportionate number of ballots.
Old 05-05-2013   #38
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Just to confirm what a farce this list is, and somewhat explain some bizarre results...
Quote:
...on Friday, Eagles linebacker Connor Barwin said via Twitter, “[E]veryone knows no players actually vote for who’s on that list right?
So we asked NFL Network to explain the process, and to confirm that players indeed cast ballots for the list.

Ideally, all players would do it. This year, the league says only 481 of them actually did. That’s 28.3 percent of all active players.
To vote, each player lists only his top 20 players in the league. The player listed at No. 1 gets 20 points, the player listed at No. 2 gets 19 points, and the process continues until the player listed at No. 20 gets one point.

So it’s really not a “top 100″ list. It’s the 100 players who received the highest vote totals from players who attempted to list their personal top 20, presumably without the benefit of all 32 rosters or starting lineups or Pro Bowl qualifiers or anything else that would ensure they aren’t accidentally overlooking someone as they pull 20 names out of thin air.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oting-process/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #39
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I think what happened is that everyone knows who the top 20-30 guys are, and the rest of the list is filled with people who voted for themselves, or got a friend to vote for them.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #40
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

48. Duane Brown

First of 4 Texans on the list.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read