Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2013   #11
justtxyank
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 justtxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think there may be a perception problem here:

Percentage of attempts AJ targeted:

2008 30.7%
2009 28.7%
2010 29.6%
2012 30.1%

I left off 2007 and 2011 because AJ missed substantial time.

That is a flat line the entire time AJ and Schaub have worked together.

I agree with TPN that trust is key to Hopkins' season but I wouldn't look for a lot of targets being pulled from AJ.

Not as a prediction but I looked at AJ's rookie numbers and it is incredible he got 976 yards with Carr at QB and a passing attack with a whopping 2600 yds.
Confused by your numbers. Not sure where they are from?

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...andre-johnson/

Quote:
Statistically, it’s easy to show why the Texans need this. ESPN’s AFC South blogger Paul Kuharsky collected these numbers from ESPN Stats and Info:

The Texans were one of four NFL teams that targeted one receiver more than all the rest combined, along with the Lions, Chiefs and Bears.
Johnson was targeted on 58.1 percent of the Texans’ pass attempts to receivers, the highest rate in the league.
Quarterback Matt Schaub’s completion percentage was 70.9 to Johnson with 31.6 attempts per interception. Meanwhile, his completion percentage to every other receiver on his roster was 56.5 with 21.6 attempts per interception.
justtxyank is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read