Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-01-2005   #1
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Blown up coaching staff

Think this staff isnt DONE after the season .... You better think again .

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3494996.html

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/3492303.html

Hoke and Brown both have denied talking to A&M and Tennessee respectively .... saying they are "committed" to this team .

But we listened to this from Larry Brown and the Detroit Pistons / New York Knickerbockers during last years NBA Finals no less .... and we all know how that turned out .

You can rest assured that these guy's are seeking out employment elsewhere for next season . Cause Heads ARE GONNA ROLL around here !

Lets just hope Casserly AKA The Riverboat Gambler is shown the exit along with this staff

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #2
ojthecat
Veteran

Why wouldn't they have their "feelers" out? I mean even if Capers and Casserly were 100% sure that they were keeping their jobs. I don't see this as news. IMHO
Old 12-01-2005   #3
Frills
Veteran

Course they wouldn't say in mid season...

"We're gone anyway, working on plan B atm."
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #4
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

The alums at A&M are going after Hoke for their DC posistion and then possibly if Francone goes lame duck the HC posistion. Hoke was a terror at DC when at Florida and would be for the new coaching staff for the Texans, unfortunately he will likely not be back either. At least I can be happy that we get a guy like Hoke to take our defense to the next level. I mean TAMU not Texans. Texans is all Fangio. Hoke is on the sideline pacing because he runs so much zone.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hoke and Marciano are the only coaches worth keeping IMO. Brown MIGHT be.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Hoke and Marciano are the only coaches worth keeping IMO. Brown MIGHT be.

I'd Keep Hoke and Marciano myself .... as for Brown , I like him better in Tennessee . Not like his recievers have had even an average season by NFL standards .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 12-02-2005   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kippy Brown WR coach on the move?

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/224211

The Vols also are interested in speaking with former assistant Kippy Brown, currently with the Houston Texans. Brown's $200,000-plus salary could be a problem, but the Texans' coaching staff also is perceived to be on the hot seat in the midst of the team's NFL-worst 1-10 season.
Old 12-02-2005   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Guess you missed this yesterday .....

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=15135

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3494996.html

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/3492303.html

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 12-02-2005   #9
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Dont know much about Brown, but Hoke has been successful at the college level as a DC. He took Florida from a joke defensive program to the top of the heap while he was there. I think Hoke is a good DC and would likely do well in the NFL, but he will not get the chance for awhile unless someone is willing to take a chance on him.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #10
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I personally would definitely like to see Marciano and Hoke stay, and I think Mike London the DL coach has done a decent job too. I believe Hoke has an assistant DB coach (Tony Oden) who seems to be pretty good too, so I wouldn't mind if they promoted Hoke to DC and Oden to DB coach and left London. Chick Harris (RB) and Kippy Brown (WR) have also done a decent job in my opinion. However, I don't know if they'll bring in a new head coach (maybe GM too) and pick and choose certain coaches to stay while axing others, it might be more likely that they would cut all of them loose.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Dont know much about Brown, but Hoke has been successful at the college level as a DC. He took Florida from a joke defensive program to the top of the heap while he was there. I think Hoke is a good DC and would likely do well in the NFL, but he will not get the chance for awhile unless someone is willing to take a chance on him.

Kippy was Jimmy Johnson's OC in Miami for a couple of years.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read