Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-26-2013   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AFC South 2013 Draft

Tennessee Titans:

Round 1, Pick 10: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama

Round 2, Pick 34: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

Round 3, Pick 70: Blidi Wreh Wilson, CB, Connecticut

Round 3, Pick 97: Zavier Gooden, OLB, Missouri

Round 4, Pick 107: Brian Schwenke, C, California

Round 5, Pick 142: Lavar Edwards, DE, LSU

Round 6, Pick 202: Khalid Wooten, CB, Nevada

Round 7, Pick 248: Daimion Stafford, S, Nebraska

The Titans reshaped their offensive line this offseason and it looks like it is going to be pretty strong. They got some good defense players in this draft as well. Justin Hunter is a guy we will probably be seeing alot of. I think the Titans did very well.

Indianapolis Colts:

Round 1, Pick 24: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State

Round 3, Pick 86: Hugh Thornton, OG, Illinois

Round 4, Pick 121: Khaled Holmes, C, USC

Round 5, Pick 139: Montari Hughes, DT, Tennessee-Martin

Round 6, Pick 192: John Boyett, S, Oregon

Round 7, Pick 230: Kerwynn Williams, RB, Utah State

Round 7, Pick 254: Justice Cunningham, TE, South Carolina

Looks like they wanted to get better up front, on offense and defense, and they accomplished that. I don't know anything about their late round picks.

Jacksonville Jaguars

Round 1, Pick 2: Luke Joeckel, LT, TXAM

Round 2, Pick 33: John Cyprien, S, FIU

Round 3, Pick 64: Dwayne Gratz, CB, Connecticut

Round 4, Pick 101: Ace Sanders, WR/KR, South Carolina

Round 5, Pick 135: Denard Robinson, RB/WR, Michigan

Round 6, Pick 169: Josh Evans, S, Florida

Round 7, Pick 208: Jeremy Harris, CB, New Mexico State

Round 7, Pick 210, Demetrius McCray, CB, Appalachian State

The Jaguars clearly wanted to upgrade their secondary. Three corners and two safeties. Denard Robinson and Ace Sanders are interesting players. They were smart to take Joeckel.

*UPDATED*

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 04-27-2013 at 06:34 PM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #2
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 968 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South 2013 Draft

Hags blew it by not taking Geno. Or maybe their plan is to tank this year and get tahj Boyd next draft.
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #3
greekdbag
Veteran

Rep Power: 1796 greekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Tennessee Titans:

Round 1, Pick 10: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama

Round 2, Pick 34: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

Round 3, Pick 70: Blidi Wreh Wilson, CB, Connecticut

Round 3, Pick 97: Zavier Gooden, OLB, Missouri

Indianapolis Colts:

Round 1, Pick 24: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State

Round 2, Pick 86: Hugh Thornton, OG, Illinois

Jacksonville Jaguars

Round 1, Pick 2: Luke Joeckel, LT, TXAM

Round 2, Pick 33: John Cyprien, S, FIU

Round 3, Pick 64: Dwayne Grayz, CB, Connecticut

I don't think any of them blew it, or hurt themselves. All three drafts look pretty solid. The Colts' draft isn't sexy, but I like it. Same can be said about the Jaguars, and the Titans to a degree. The Titans traded up for Justin Hunter, but that may not turn out to be so bad for them.
I like what both Tennessee and Jacksonville have done in the draft so far, but neither one of them have a quarterback. And I won't fear them until they do. Locker and Gabbert will never be good quarterbacks in the league.
greekdbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdbag View Post
I like what both Tennessee and Jacksonville have done in the draft so far, but neither one of them have a quarterback. And I won't fear them until they do. Locker and Gabbert will never be good quarterbacks in the league.
It's not that I like Locker, but I don't think he's as bad as we say he is. A decent OL can make us all change our minds about him. In addition to the Center & Guard they drafted, they've also picked up Livitre & Spencer this off season. That OL is going to get better.

& if they can get decent production from CJ2ypc....

I've been worried (needlessly) about the Titans for the last two years. Munchak ain't no fool, it's only a matter of time.
Old 04-27-2013   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I updated the picks.

Alot of offensive linemen and secondary players coming in to the AFC South.

Justin Hunter, Ace Sanders, and Denard Robinson are receivers that we may have to watch out for.
Old 04-27-2013   #6
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I updated the picks.

Alot of offensive linemen and secondary players coming in to the AFC South.

Justin Hunter, Ace Sanders, and Denard Robinson are receivers that we may have to watch out for.
JAX is calling Robinson a RB right now. Lots of McCluster comparisons. I think he is a hybrid player, but more of a RB than a WR.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans should have one of the best O-lines in the league if their Tackles hold up. Two top Guards in Andy Levitre & Chance Warmack. Brian Schwenke looks like a good prospect at the center. Looks like they are gearing up for JJ Watt inside.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2013   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Werner a lot, but I don't think the colts helped themselves much in the draft.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #9
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I like Werner a lot, but I don't think the colts helped themselves much in the draft.
I agree and I thought Werner was considered more of 4-3 DE.
Old 04-27-2013   #10
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104942 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If they fix the O-line and have an above average defense, they will be a playoff team again.
Vance87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think their first 3 or maybe even 4 picks were good.
Old 04-28-2013   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think their first 3 or maybe even 4 picks were good.
My general impression from reading the colts board is that they aren't thrilled with their draft. Some like it, some think it's ok...quite a few really dislike it...

B was the highest grade I saw given by their fans in the site I went to.

But who knows....if just one guys plays really well he could make the whole draft...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans and the Titans did the most to improve themselves this off season. Colts not so much, and the Jags will still occupy 4th place in our division when it's over with.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #14
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48499 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Titans should have one of the best O-lines in the league if their Tackles hold up. Two top Guards in Andy Levitre & Chance Warmack. Brian Schwenke looks like a good prospect at the center. Looks like they are gearing up for JJ Watt inside.
Doesn't hurt to have a couple guys named Munchak and Matthews coaching them either. Oh yeah, and some guy named Johnson running the ball. Should be an interesting division next year with the improvements Indy and TN have made. If Gabbert becomes a player we could have one of the toughest in the league.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #15
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Doesn't hurt to have a couple guys named Munchak and Matthews coaching them either. Oh yeah, and some guy named Johnson running the ball. Should be an interesting division next year with the improvements Indy and TN have made. If Gabbert becomes a player we could have one of the toughest in the league.
Holding my breath starting...NOW!

I don't think I've ever seen a QB that's as skeerd as Gabbert back there. Not even our old #8. He's that bad!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #16
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

TEXANS -A
Titans - B
Jags- C
Colts - F

Old 04-28-2013   #17
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans filled some real holes this draft with players that match exactly what they want to do. A

Titans- Addressed OL big time. Question is going to be how much will this really help a team that has a young QB that just isn't really that good. B

Jags - Maybe with Joeckel they'll finally have solid play from the T spot. Did get a few playmakers outside, it wouldn't surprise me to see Henne get the starting nod though. C

Colts - At face value this looks like a lackluster draft, but honestly I just don't know the team well enough to say one way or the other if they addressed glaring needs. I do know that Freeney's departure and maybe Mathis seem imminent. Werner addressed that. I do know they have the best QB in the division and that counts for quite a bit. C-
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm very happy with the Texans draft, I think the first 3 picks are all solid. Time will tell on the others, and while I think Bonner was a dumb pick, I don't really care all that much because it was a 6th. I'd give them an A- for this draft. I expect good things from those top 3 picks.

I love the fact that the Jags just spent the 2nd overall pick on a RT. Sure he can become a LT, but that will mean they let their LT go in free agency next year, opening up another hole at OT for them. The Jags went into this draft with the worst pass rush in the NFL, and they came out of it with ZERO pass rushers. HAHAHAHAHA! Love it. F for them, but it could turn into an A if they win the QB sweepstakes next year.

The Colts are moving to a 3-4, and they have a terrible LB corps to do it. Mathis is their only OLB worth a ****, and they drafted ZERO LBs in this draft. They are going to get torn up by running teams. Their secondary isn't that great, and they didn't address that much either. I don't think they got much better with this draft, but considering how far back they were drafting I would give them a C.

The Titans gave up the most points in the league last year, and they didn't really address their areas of need early. Warmack will be a good guard, but that really wasn't a big need. Hunter is a nice pick where they got him because who knows how long Britt will be playing for them. They got a couple of good players, but I don't think they really made a huge impact on their team, so I'd give it a C.

There is absolutely no good reason for the Texans not to repeat as division champs this year, none of these teams got considerably better.
Old 04-29-2013   #19
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing with the Titans draft is they have mentioned a Zone blocking system yet they draft a guard in the top ten who realistically can not run the ZBS. Was a move that reeked of desperation. I get a draft is more than just the first round but that pick makes little sense.
Old 04-29-2013   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't even lie, the titans had a helluva draft. Only time will tell if Locker is the answer at qb......early returns aren't positive.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read