Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 04-27-2013   #21
H*Mac
noob

Default Re: Houston vs Chargers at home next year!

We're planning on going to this game as our first ever Road Game! Where is everyone staying? Any suggestions? We've never been to San Diego.
H*Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #22
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We are in P24 - the thing with this stadium is a lot of the lower level sideline seats are "limited view" You're better off buying seats in the end-zone than 50 yard line.
Ummmmm. No.

I have been in this stadium many times. Other than the first 8-10 rows of the Field Level yard line seats that are tarpped over anyway for football events, the seating plan is fine. There is no way that an end zone seat is preferable to yard line seat.

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #23
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course as soon as I say they tarp over the first 8-10 rows for football games, I find this photo showing a chargers game with no tarps.

Maybe they just tarp over them for the Holiday Bowl, which I've been to 5 or more times.

I'll agree that the first 10 rows of the Field Level should be avoided because they are too low, that's no reason to move all the way to the end zone.

bpe3
Old 04-29-2013   #24
bpe3
Veteran

Here's a shot from down low with the tarps visible.

bpe3
Old 04-29-2013   #25
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

OK yeah, not ALL sideline seats are bad - but the ones in the 1st rows are, you're about 30 feet away from the field.

I went to a view from my seat dot com and found my seat was way better than the others being offered (as far as price/view). I like being able to see the scoreboard and have a view of the stadium
Old 05-06-2013   #26
bignasty
Veteran

Section: BullPen 116 row N
Rep Power: 13 bignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to bignasty Send a message via MSN to bignasty

There will be about 10 of us going.

Hotel and Air booked already. We are looking at club seats I believe
bignasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by H*Mac View Post
We're planning on going to this game as our first ever Road Game! Where is everyone staying? Any suggestions? We've never been to San Diego.
I've never been to a game there, but I have visited San Diego several times.
If you have an extended visit, 3 or more days, I may have some suggestions, depending on what you want to do.

A nice area is of course, west of Sea World, near the beach.
It's on the Northwest corner of Frwy 5 and 8.
The 5 goes North South and the 8 goes East West.
Going East will take you to the stadium, at most a 15 minute drive in normal traffic.

On another occasion, we stayed in La Jolla.
It's an upscale area; it's a mix really, kinda like West U on the beach.
It has a mix of trendy establishments and quaint shops.
About 20 minutes to Qualcomm.

The inexpensive area is in the Southwest corner of the 5 and 8 (it's directly South of Sea World across the 8.
We stayed at a Wyndham garden last year for $50 (I don't know how the wife found that deal).
The airport is just a little further South.

I've never stayed in downtown, but did stayed on Coronado Island, which is West Southwest of Downtown (the crossing bridge is south of downtown); that would be another nice area.

The south and southeast area of Qualcomm are Normal Heights and Mid City, where the locals hang out.
From the 805 all the way to the 15, and just past it to the East
I've never stayed in this area, but I have been to shops in the area, and was told about good eats (but didn't have time to try).
You can find a little of everything here from Richmond-like area to Asian town.

Hope it helps!

Last edited by 76Texan; 05-07-2013 at 03:01 PM.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I've never stayed in downtown, but did stayed on Coronado Island, which is East Southeast of Downtown; that would be another nice area.

From the 805 all the way to the 15, and just past it to the West
Coronado is SW of downtown San Diego. The Pacific is generally to the west when you are in California.

What's with the urge to stick "the" in front of freeways when you are just talking about California?
Old 05-07-2013   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Coronado is SW of downtown San Diego. The Pacific is generally to the west when you are in California.

What's with the urge to stick "the" in front of freeways when you are just talking about California?
Thanks for catching it.
I need to go back and make some changes in my post.
LOL, sometimes I meant to say West, but it came out East, and vice versa.

I dunno, my wife's cousins always use "The" with all the freways over here in California. We visit them every year or two, so it kinda got stuck in my mind when it comes to California.

Coronado Island is mostly Southwest of downtown, but its tip lies just Northwest of the Embarcadero Marina area, so I just call it West Southwest.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013   #30
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The wife and I are going to this year's SD game. We've never been to a football game there. We've been to baseball games there, and I may check the schedule to see if the Padres will be in town at that time. I couldn't care less about the Padres, but I really like that ballpark. Went out to LA and SD for the Biggio farewell tour and enjoyed it very much.

No idea where we're staying, but if there's going to be a get together or pseudo tailgate, I wouldn't mind meeting some of y'all.
Old 05-07-2013   #31
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 17553 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

I went to the NFL Draft in NYC and while standing in line I talk to all sorts of people, and these Chargers fans I spoke to were quite confident that we'd stand no chance.

I hope we make them eat dirt. He tried to call me a fan-boy because I didn't agree with him that Phillip Rivers is the best QB in the NFL.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013   #32
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59514 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
I went to the NFL Draft in NYC and while standing in line I talk to all sorts of people, and these Chargers fans I spoke to were quite confident that we'd stand no chance.

I hope we make them eat dirt. He tried to call me a fan-boy because I didn't agree with him that Phillip Rivers is the best QB in the NFL.
Of course he is!! Durr!!

Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013   #33
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

there is a group of 20 of us going,

will post details when I have them but we are renting beach houses and will attempt to all be on the same United Flight

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013   #34
HumbleGirl
Rookie

I am going in a group of 3. Very excited, but we did get 5th row seats so I'm feeling less excited about the comments claiming my view will be obstructed.

Would love to know what hotel the Texans will likely be in and definitely want to participate in any meet up! We will arrive Saturday night and stay through Tuesday.
HumbleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013   #35
BufordTJustice
Rookie

Section: My easy chair at home
Rep Power: 0 BufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respected

Well it's great to see all the people responding to this post! I got my ticket today! Kinda nosebleed (V58), but cali kinda bleeds me dry with house payment and all.

But hey! I'm glad to be going! Hope to see you all there with tailgating, etc.

Oh and I'll be starting another thread soon showing my creation of a Texans horned cowboy hat! (sorry to use the "C" word there...)
Old 06-17-2013   #36
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

For those who are going and looking for tickets Ticketmaster has lots of them available which is way cheaper than stubhub, nflticketexchange, ebay ect.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/san-dieg...004AA6C83E44A6
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #37
Rdkng69
noob

Talking Re: Houston vs Chargers at home next year!

Myself and wife making trip to SD would like to meet up with fellow Texans fans before game . Super excited first road game for us .
Rdkng69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013   #38
Eli6541
waterboy

Any Texans fans tailgating at the Chargers game?
Eli6541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013   #39
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli6541 View Post
Any Texans fans tailgating at the Chargers game?
There will be about 30 of us.

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #40
HumbleGirl
Rookie

So where is meetup and when? What hotels are y'all staying at? We have our airfare but that's it! Need advice!
HumbleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read