Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2013   #21
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Casserly says Texans potential target for 2nd rd QBs

There is a very good reason that Casserly is no longer a GM, and he just demonstrated it.......
Old 04-26-2013   #22
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Casserly wants the Texans to take Derek Carr a year early .
Charley can draft him to be the next NFLN intern.
Old 04-26-2013   #23
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Casserly.
Playoffs, we talking about playoffs?????

I see you boy!!!!

ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #24
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
There is a very good reason that Casserly is no longer a GM, and he just demonstrated it.......
Say what you want to about Casserly if you don't like him, but he was the GM when the Texans put together their greatest draft ever, and one of the better Drafts of the 2001-10 decade. Now they were drafting #1 of course, but they took full advantage of it. No less than 5 starters produced by that Draft including 3 players who were each in one or more pro bowls.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #25
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
"Who's been wrong more than Casserly? His percentage is like a meteorologist." --Bill Belichick
That is hilarious!

I heard Casserly say that this morning on NFL network. I wouldn't mind a qb but please not Barkley. Schaub 2.0. I do have to give Casserly credit for his mock yesterday. He had the Texans taking Deandre Hopkins.
Old 04-26-2013   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
It'd be more accurate (but not totally accurate) to say, "Alex Smith should do better than any of the QB's listed, or they should be looking ahead to the 2014 draft for a QB."

But, yes, I am essentially saying I would rather take my chances with Alex Smith in 2013 and whatever the future holds than with Geno Smith/Matt Barkley/etc. in 2013, 2014, 2015, etc.
Well, I really don't think highly of Alex Smith at all, and I think the Chiefs just got Matt Cassel'd again. The change in the 49ers offense from Alex Smith to Kaepernick was minimal, their points scored, yards and RZ efficiency was very similar. So changing to an unproven 2nd year player shows little change in the system, yet the 29 year old vet was surprised he lost his starting job.

I think we saw the best that Alex Smith can do in ideal circumstances, an excellent coach, a great team around him on both sides of the ball, arguably the best offensive line in the NFL, and a solid running game. It's the same kind of thing that happened with Cassel in NE, he got to start in a great system with a top notch team around him, inflated his value, and was shipped off to KC for a 2nd round pick. It will be deja vu all over again for the Chiefs, whereas they could have been sitting here knowing they will have one of these 3 QBs for the next 4 years for less total money guaranteed to Smith in one year. I don't know that any of those QBs will be better than Smith beyond 2013, but I will say they have more potential to be good, and that's why I think they chose poorly here.
Old 04-26-2013   #27
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Given Yates two years in system + his rookie starting time to give confidence, there is no QB in this draft that is better than he. He is our developmental QB and depsite others posts I think he has not reached his ceiling. Yes, one of these QB could beat out
Keenum but I would not place a second round pick on PS & woul not want to carry three QBs on roster this season. Let's use our next four picks to address weak areas. OLB, NT, ILB & safety. We should be able to get a decent OT in 5th also.
Old 04-26-2013   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Say what you want to about Casserly if you don't like him, but he was the GM when the Texans put together their greatest draft ever, and one of the better Drafts of the 2001-10 decade. Now they were drafting #1 of course, but they took full advantage of it. No less than 5 starters produced by that Draft including 3 players who were each in one or more pro bowls.
He was present but was not the architect of the draft.
Old 04-26-2013   #29
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
Playoffs, we talking about playoffs?????

I see you boy!!!!

What is your malfunction, Abdul? I'm not your fucking boy, and I've had enough of your following me around TTalk with your childish posts.

I suggest you grow up and move on.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #30
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What is your malfunction, Abdul? I'm not your fucking boy, and I've had enough of your following me around TTalk with your childish posts.

Just ignore him, like everybody else does.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #31
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Don't see Barkley or Nassib making it to us, and wouldn't want Smith.
I don't see Barkley or Smith making it to #57. But, they would have to consider them if they did. Nassib=Yates and doesn't buy them anything. Matt Scott of Arizona would give the Texans a different dynamic at QB. He's a project, but would be worth one of the late 3rd rounders.
Old 04-26-2013   #32
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He was present but was not the architect of the draft.
Yep Cak is right. Casserly was already on his way out.
Old 04-26-2013   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I kinda could see this to be honest. With the kind of money we've got invested in Schaub, it makes sense for us to take a qb somewhere in the 2nd-3rd round to develop now. That way if we decide to part ways with Schaub in 2014 that developmental qb is ready for 2015 after sitting for a year....This would be comensurate with our window of opportunity to win now.

This also affords Yates the chance to land the job if by some impossible circumstance Schaub gets hurt in 2014..................yeah, that was sarcasm
Only if you think there is a guy there who could be a productive starter in the near future. If you see someone you think can be that guy then yeah, grab him in the second. If for some reason you think no one else is looking at him.. see if you can wait until the third.

Or even the 5th... & that's who I think Tj is. He's the guy we're grooming. Has all the tools & looks to be smart enough. Do I think Tj could be a starter in this league? I have no idea. But we've got our starter, we've got our back-up. We've got our back-ups back-up & his back up too... No need to be looking at QBs.
Old 04-26-2013   #34
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Only if you think there is a guy there who could be a productive starter in the near future. If you see someone you think can be that guy then yeah, grab him in the second. If for some reason you think no one else is looking at him.. see if you can wait until the third.

Or even the 5th... & that's who I think Tj is. He's the guy we're grooming. Has all the tools & looks to be smart enough. Do I think Tj could be a starter in this league? I have no idea. But we've got our starter, we've got our back-up. We've got our back-ups back-up & his back up too... No need to be looking at QBs.
If we draft a QB tonight, it will mean that TJ is almost definitely out and they don't trust him if Matt goes down. I'd be surprised by that.

But I expect us to draft a QB high next year to groom to be Schaub's replacement in a year or two.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #35
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Come the 4th round I would take any one of Brey, Wilson, Scott or Dysert. All of these guys have more talent than Yates.
Old 04-27-2013   #36
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

:smili epalm:
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #37
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking we go QB today at some point. Maybe catch one of those late round gems.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #38
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
I'm thinking we go QB today at some point. Maybe catch one of those late round gems.
I actually doubt it... either someone falls to us that we think is too good to pass up (Barkley, Nassib...) - or we will adress our other needs and grab bpa.

We have Yates as the primary backup - a late round prospect won`t take his space. And I don`t think we draft a 3d QB now... especially with us having 2 young ones to sit behind Schaub. The only way we draft a QB is, if we think his value is just too good and he can develope into a franchise QB.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #39
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Barkley just compared to Schaub on the pre-show on NFL Network
Old 04-27-2013   #40
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Barkley just compared to Schaub on the pre-show on NFL Network
I think Barkley can out run the OL .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read