Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-26-2013   #1741
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

^ Cool. If you want, there's a relatively easy way to do that analysis on the draft spreadsheet. If I make a column on the end and put actual draft position next to each players name, I could have a formula that subtracts actual pick from the TT mock pick. Would give a result that could be sorted by so you can see who were our biggest reaches and best values. Then add it all up to see who has the highest score
Old 04-26-2013   #1742
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

That would be great. Thanks dutch.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #1743
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
That would be great. Thanks dutch.
K, I added a column on the end of Draft5 for the actual position. If you or anyone else would be willing to help fill it out as the draft moves along, I'll copy it to the protected sheet and set up the formulas later. I just need the data to get it going.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Rjl3V2c#gid=10
Old 04-26-2013   #1744
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The Dolphins select....

Dallas Thomas, OG, Tennessee

Thomas played left tackle, then switched to left guard in his final year at Tennessee. He tore his labrum and had surgery in February of this year, so he probably won't be available and up to speed until mid-season, but he could replace John Jerry or Richie Incognito in the next few seasons. If not, maybe the Dolphins try him at left tackle? Seems like good versatility for a player that may need it with Jonathan Martin's transition from RT to LT.
This was pick #82 in the third round.

The Dolphins picked Thomas at #77, not #82. They traded #82 to NO for two 4th rounders.

It wasn't exact, but close!
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #1745
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63067 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was apparently wayyyyy too early on Keenan Allen.
NCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #1746
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
I was apparently wayyyyy too early on Keenan Allen.
Same with me on John Jenkins.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #1747
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
K, I added a column on the end of Draft5 for the actual position. If you or anyone else would be willing to help fill it out as the draft moves along, I'll copy it to the protected sheet and set up the formulas later. I just need the data to get it going.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Rjl3V2c#gid=10
Does anyone want to do this? I'm not really up for putting all the numbers next to the guys, but if some of you can help out, I'll set up the formulas later.
Old 04-28-2013   #1748
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Does anyone want to do this? I'm not really up for putting all the numbers next to the guys, but if some of you can help out, I'll set up the formulas later.
What do you need done?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #1749
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
What do you need done?
Go to the Draft5 sheet, and in the far right column put the overall number that the player was drafted in the actual NFL draft. If they were undrafted, just put undrafted in the column. We can figure out a value to assign those guys later. I did a few for example, but if I can get them all in there, I can do a draft "score" for everyone easily.
Old 04-28-2013   #1750
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I had Tyler Bray going #69 to the Cards.

He went undrafted. LOL

I still think eventually he will be the #1 QB in this draft.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #1751
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Go to the Draft5 sheet, and in the far right column put the overall number that the player was drafted in the actual NFL draft. If they were undrafted, just put undrafted in the column. We can figure out a value to assign those guys later. I did a few for example, but if I can get them all in there, I can do a draft "score" for everyone easily.
I'll take a shot at it.
Old 04-28-2013   #1752
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Dutch?

Why is Barret Jones listed twice? He was picked at 53 by Corrosion for the Bengals and then again at 55 by Mussop for the Packers?
Old 04-28-2013   #1753
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Dutch?

Why is Barret Jones listed twice? He was picked at 53 by Corrosion for the Bengals and then again at 55 by Mussop for the Packers?
The formula in those cells was messed up by someone. This is why I have a locked sheet and the others just refer to it. If you see any more dupes just double click the cell and make sure the cell reference number is the same as its line. When people are copy/pasting from the sheet they sometimes overwrite the info. I fixed Barrett, but watch out for others.
Old 04-28-2013   #1754
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I nailed Te'o to the Chargers, although they traded up to get him.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #1755
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The formula in those cells was messed up by someone. This is why I have a locked sheet and the others just refer to it. If you see any more dupes just double click the cell and make sure the cell reference number is the same as its line. When people are copy/pasting from the sheet they sometimes overwrite the info. I fixed Barrett, but watch out for others.
There have also been a few name misspellings which make looking up the draft slot difficult. I've got one guy I can't find at all.

For the Undrafteds, I'm putting in a number of 256. Should I be putting in something else?

AND...

I'm making the changes directly to the screen. Are my changes being saved? Can you see them? I'm up to the 189th pick.
Old 04-29-2013   #1756
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
There have also been a few name misspellings which make looking up the draft slot difficult. I've got one guy I can't find at all.

For the Undrafteds, I'm putting in a number of 256. Should I be putting in something else?

AND...

I'm making the changes directly to the screen. Are my changes being saved? Can you see them? I'm up to the 189th pick.
Yep it looks good, thanks! Ill copy that all to the main sheet tomorrow and set up the formulas. If anyone else wants to help by spot checking the picks, please do.
Old 04-29-2013   #1757
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:

AND...

Thanks for doing that, rep to you! The best valued picks of our draft were:

Quote:
Player Position School Conference Actual Draft Position Score
Josh Boyce WR TCU Big 12 102 123
Ace Sanders WR South Carolina SEC 101 121
Brandon McGee CB Miami ACC 149 94
D.J. Hayden CB Houston CUSA 12 86
John Bostic ILB Florida SEC 50 85
Hugh Thorton OG Illinois Big 10 86 84
Steve Williams CB California PAC 12 145 82
Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt SEC 160 81
Khaled Holmes C USC PAC 12 121 77
Kyle Juszcyk FB Harvard Ivy League 130 76
Earl Wolff S North Carolina State ACC 136 72
Leon McFadden CB San Diego State MWC 68 71
Scores are now added to all spread sheets. Sort by your team to figure out your draft score. A quick glance seems to indicate that RT22 and RockNRandy did the best, but I'll let you guys figure it out.

I did really bad, my first two picks went in the 1st round, then my last 3 went undrafted. My score was -284
Old 04-29-2013   #1758
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63067 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I did really bad, my first two picks went in the 1st round, then my last 3 went undrafted. My score was -284
-227 here. Fell apart for me in the late round. Keenan Allen and Minter falling didn't help either!
NCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #1759
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would prefer the scoring the rated the teams actual drafts by OUR mock draft.

I started strong through the 1st 4 rounds and then got killed in 5-7.

1-4 = +62
5-7 = -216
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #1760
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

T J Barnes killed me; I figured he was a boom or bust, and was afraid that somebody fell in love with him like one of the posters who didn't join the mock draft but did post about a few players pre-draft.

Then there was Sam Montgomery.
Hey, I was doing what TPN and others were saying; if you identify your guy, you can't wait another round for him.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read