Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2013   #361
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2013 NFL Draft, Rounds 2 & 3

when does round 4 start
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #362
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2159 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

So should I retire my sexy racoon photos for the night? Just want to make sure because I don't want to miss out on an opportunity.

ETA - It's a joke. Just smile!

Last edited by SmoochyTX; 04-26-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Edited for those who don't understand
SmoochyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #363
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

Source told me "there is no way that the Texans have all the info on Sam Montgomery.... even WE took him off the board." Yikes.
What did the guy do? Kill and eat kittens and puppies? Unless he failed drug tests on the scale of the Honey Badger, what exactly is the info that would take Montgomery off a draft board. He's a productive SEC pass rusher. Those guys get drafted.
Old 04-26-2013   #364
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

its gonna be good watching geno smith take on ej manuel twice a year !!!!
Old 04-26-2013   #365
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
I don't see it lasting that long. I think one or both could be bust.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #366
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't see it lasting that long. I think one or both could be bust.
more then likely. at least for next year it will be good to watch
Old 04-26-2013   #367
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I found this on SB Nation. Maybe this is what people are talking about?

The LSU defensive end made some unwise comments to the media at the 2013 NFL Combine.

I was just talking myself in to Sam Montgomery when he opened up the Pandora's Box that serves as his mouth.

Montgomery got knocked for inconsistency and immaturity coming out of LSU, but that happens to plenty of prospects. His prototypical size and potential as a pass rusher was more interesting to me, even if I was a little wary of those character concerns. With one set of remarks, however, Montgomery has managed to raise more red flags than a Swiss expedition.

I'll let Montgomery do the talking:

"You know, some weeks when we didn’t have to play the harder teams, there were some times when effort was not needed," Montgomery said. "But when we had the big boys coming in, the ‘Bamas or the South Carolinas, I grabbed close to those guys and went all out.

Oh, Sam. Are you saying you took games off in college? Surely not.

"Of course, this is a new league, the NFL and there are no small teams, small divisions, it is all Alabamas and LSUs every week. It’s definitely something I have to get adjusted to, but I’m sure with the right coaching I will be fine."

Oh. Oh. Well, so you took some games off. So you're basically saying you need a disciplinarian coach to actually, you know, make you play at a high level on a consistent basis. Surely this can't get worse.

Montgomery said he and Mingo (who many expect to be a top-10 pick, while Montgomery is projected as a late-first) had a $500 bet on who had more sacks in the final game, $1,000 on season sacks along with the big wager on draft status.

"Here’s the thing: Hard work, and betting like that, pushes greatness," Montgomery said. "That’s actually motivating me and Mingo. It’s not about the money, it’s about pushing us, at the combine and the drills in between. That’s what is pushing us to be the best.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #368
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the value Montgomery represents, don't know much about the OL they picked a few spots before him. Very pleased with the Swearinger pick.
Old 04-26-2013   #369
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Okafor is a good player, but may be more of a base 4-3 end. Not sure that Lemonier can play OLB either. But he has more athleticism. Not a lot of edge rushers left.
^^^^Dayum! And the Texans are choir boys only or is this Travis Johnson all over again.

Don't know much about this guy. What do the draftnics think?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #370
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
when does round 4 start
11 am tomorrow.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #371
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

You look at our draft right now and you can certainly say one thing. We got four guys that could compete for a significant amount of playing time at positions that needed upgrading.

Hopkins is a sure fire starter.

Swearinger, if he can take hold of that nickel and dime role, will see alot of action.

Williams should be able to compete with Newton at some point this season for playing time. Perhaps he doesn't start at the beginning of the season, but he has a shot to get playing time at some point.

Montgomery could see starting time if they are serious about moving Reed inside. I don't really see that happening, although we don't have anyone right now that I am excited about at ILB outside of Cushing. Even as a backup, he will see the field as often, if not more often, than Mercy did last year.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #372
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
It's not his fault if teams trade up to steal our choices. Not sure how you can blame Smithiak for that.
Because if there's a player Rick truly wants he should trade up and get him.

Guess that guy wasn't on Rick's board.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #373
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
More than likely both of these guys will be busts but I am hoping that they both are at least good enough to make NE's schedule not look like childs play.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #374
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

So we got AJ, TJ, JJ, and now DJ. Is there any good prospect named BJ, CJ, EJ, FJ, or some other J on 4th and later rounds?
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #375
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Rick/Gary/Wade hit a homerun on day 2.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #376
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess the Jags will take Barkley... But if he or Nassib somehow fall to us in the 4th, would you take him?
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #377
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 296273 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, if no one else is going to start todays draft thread, I will.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #378
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Rick/Gary/Wade hit a homerun on day 2.
What I like best is I consider the SEC and ACC fast conferences . If you play fast in these , your fast . This is not an absolute but it's a good reference .

1. ACC
2. SEC
3. ACC
4. SEC

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #379
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
What I like best is I consider the SEC and ACC fast conferences . If you play fast in these , your fast . This is not an absolute but it's a good reference .

1. ACC
2. SEC
3. ACC
4. SEC
I would agree. They are also conferences best known for producing good defensive football players.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #380
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What did the guy do? Kill and eat kittens and puppies? Unless he failed drug tests on the scale of the Honey Badger, what exactly is the info that would take Montgomery off a draft board. He's a productive SEC pass rusher. Those guys get drafted.
Agreed.

I know I might get crucified here for saying this, because the guy is like untouchable in the circles of Texans message boards, but this particular tweet by Lance doesn't feel right.

It feels contrived, as if he said something that he thinks...and then adds "My source says..." Oh yeah? Well, sometimes using the "source says" is not exactly giving me confidence. If a person has history of getting access to insider information, then the person can always say "source says" even if there is no source but the person feels it matches what he thinks or has heard from other media outlets.

When I read Montgomery's statements and I see his tape, I don't get the impression that he's a slacker. He has shown more enthusiasm, creativity on his moves on opposing OLinemen, and closing speed/accuracy than Mario William ever did. The guy, from what I see on his clips, is very talented. OK, so his mouth runs. THAT"S GOOD. I don't want Silent Mario brooding on the sidelines with a thousand-yard stare. I want guys like Hopkins, Swearinger, and Montgomery who walk, run, and talk with swagger. These guys, they know they have to back up the talk and the walk, or they lose cred.

We've got Ed Reed, Danieal Manning, J-Jo, JJ Watt, and Brian Cushing who will get Mongomery's ass in order if they need to do it. But something tells me all this **** talking that's going on Montgomery, the photo that shows the coach posting the "These guys don't give a damn about hard work" on his window, I think we made a good pick here. It wasn't in Round 1. It wasn't in Round 2. He is a Round 3 guy, and that's fine with me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read