Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What grade do you give our second round selection?
A 49 62.82%
B 27 34.62%
C 1 1.28%
D 0 0%
F 1 1.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2013   #1
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25135 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Draft Grade Round 2 DJ Swearinger

Do you like our second round pick?
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #2
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade Round 2 DJ Swearinger

Like this pick more then Hopkins in terms of value. His gonna be a beast!!!!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I love this pick so much. I am floating.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #4
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2158 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell yes!!!
Old 04-26-2013   #5
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

love his big hit ability, to bad the nfl is doing away with hitting in the nfl
Old 04-26-2013   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I love this pick so much. I am floating.
This.
Old 04-26-2013   #7
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't give someone who hasn't played a down in the NFL an A. But I do like the pick because we need quality depth in the secondary and he can potentially replace Ed Reed when he's done.
Old 04-26-2013   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Can't give someone who hasn't played a down in the NFL an A.
How does this make any sense? - it is grading the draft pick not their performance in the NFL. Mind boggling how people make up their own goofy standards.
Old 04-26-2013   #9
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 30419 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

What a great athlete: power, agility, a nose for the ball, coverage skills. However, all the potential day-1 starters at ILB are going off the board. So, I'm mixed. I'm happy the Texans got such a football player, yet I'm still scared to death over how soft we'll be in the middle next to Cush, when have to play the Pats again to get to the SB.

One can only hope that Wade invents more ways to get Swearinger on the field.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #10
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm very ehhhhh on this pick. I think he's short to be covering TE in the NFL and we need a guy with coverage skill not hitting ability. There were better prospects available.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #11
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't know a damn thing about this guy, but I'm surprised by the position ?
We NEED LBs ( both inside and outside) and RT much more than a safety, and no doubt after first round most teams draft by need first and most of all.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
What a great athlete: power, agility, a nose for the ball, coverage skills. However, all the potential day-1 starters at ILB are going off the board. So, I'm mixed. I'm happy the Texans got such a football player, yet I'm still scared to death over how soft we'll be in the middle next to Cush, when have to play the Pats again to get to the SB.

One can only hope that Wade invents more ways to get Swearinger on the field.
No freaking way!

AJ Klien , Kevin Reddick & Nico Johnson are still on the board and should be there when the Texans pick in the 3rd and possibly 4th.

Not to mention Khaseem Greene , Chase Thomas , Zaviar Gooden & Sean Porter who may make a move inside in the NFL.

That 2nd ILB isnt likely to see the field anymore often than Swearinger.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #13
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I thought we had other pressing needs, I thought our secondary would be ok, I would have rather seen us take ILB, but understood that the ravens picked up the ILB we wanted..

First pick I loved it.
Second pick I am mixed on.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
No freaking way!

AJ Klien , Kevin Reddick & Nico Johnson are still on the board and should be there when the Texans pick in the 3rd and possibly 4th.

Not to mention Khaseem Greene , Chase Thomas , Zaviar Gooden & Sean Porter who may make a move inside in the NFL.

I'm tired of the name Manti .
Old 04-26-2013   #15
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 30419 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No freaking way!

A lot of serviceable LBs...but is it too much to ask for a Willis & Bowman combo for the Texans?
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #16
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I'm tired of the name Manti .
How about Geno, Mark Sanchez, and New York Jets?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A lot of serviceable LBs...but is it too much to ask for a Willis & Bowman combo for the Texans?
We took Amobi instead of Willis . I think Bowman was a 3rd rd pick .
Old 04-26-2013   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I gave this a B, partially because I haven't seen enough of Swearinger to be in love with him. I think it is a fit as far as need is concerned. He could end up seeing alot of time on the field, even being the 3rd S on the team. I'm more at a B+/A- on this one.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Think about something here - That second ILB is not going to be on the field on passing downs. We already have Cushing who will be on the field in those situations - this team played its nickle/ dime package more than any other team in the league last year.

I talked about a hybrid LBer / Safety several times in the draft discussions but didnt think they would look for that guy so early - they got a hell of a player here who fills a huge need with Quin walking.

Why pay Willis & Bowman when one of them is on the bench 60% of the time ?!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #20
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Think about something here - That second ILB is not going to be on the field on passing downs. We already have Cushing who will be on the field in those situations - this team played its nickle/ dime package more than any other team in the league last year.

I talked about a hybrid LBer / Safety several times in the draft discussions but didnt think they would look for that guy so early - they got a hell of a player here who fills a huge need with Quin walking.

Why pay Willis & Bowman when one of them is on the bench 60% of the time ?!
Well I guess the alternative is doing what the 49ers do and keep both guys on the field pretty much all of the time. That would take some adjusting from Wade though so who knows if he'd be willing to do that.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read