Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2013   #41
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2nd round DJ Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
Sean Porter LB Texas A&M, Jesse Williams DT Alabama, David Quessenberry G/T San Jose State...
Give me Quessenberry and porter with these two picks and I'd be even happier than I already am.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w64D1D8cyc4

All you need to know is 2:08.
He looks one biscuit shy of a line backer.
Old 04-26-2013   #43
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #44
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
This will be reeled in by our vets, but I really like the confidence he has.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #45
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
This will be reeled in by our vets, but I really like the confidence he has.
Watching vids of him I get a more athletic Bernard Pollard vibe
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #46
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 49584 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

I swear his parents fuked up his name, when they meant J.D. Salinger. Now we have a D.J. Swearinger.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #47
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

7. DJ SWEARINGER |South Carolina 5104 |208 lbs|4SR Greenwood, SC (Greenwood HS) 7/12/1990 (age 22) #36

2012: (12/12) 79/3.0/9/2 PROJECTION: 2nd-3rd Round
2011: (13/13) 80/1.5/6/3 MEASUREABLES: 5104 | 208 | 32 3-8” | 9 1-2" | 77 5-8”
2010: (14/8) 66/2.0/6/1 COMBINE: 4.67 40-YD DASH | 1.63 10-YD | 17 REPS | 37” V | 10-4 BJ | 6.70 3C | 4.11 SS
2009: (13/0) 19/0.0/1/0

STRENGTHS: Throws his body around on the field, arriving to the ballcarrier with power and pop to drive him backwards…extremely physical and confident, playing fast and decisive…reads the eyes of the QB and not afraid to come of his man to make plays…undercuts routes and looks to pluck the ball out of the air with natural hands and return ability (7 INTs, 1 TD)…fiery demeanor and likes to chirp…improved awareness vs. the run…versatile starting experience at both safety and CB.

WEAKNESSES: Needs to get stronger and add bulk to his upper body and limbs…gets his eyes stuck in the wrong place at times, causing him to be a step too late in coverage or helping at the sideline…too physical downfield with bad habit of grabbing…streaky tackling technique, leading with his helmet and hitting to high which forces him to try and hug/wrestle to the ground…poor discipline, especially as a hitter and will attract too many penalties for targeting, taunting and personal fouls.

SUMMARY: Versatile DB the past four seasons in the SEC, starting 33 career games at CB, FS and SS…extremely physical and enjoys contact, arriving to the play with violent intentions…goes for the big hit, but doesn’t always wrap and needs to play smarter…athletic with the foot quickness to hold up in coverage, but room to improve his awareness…thumping hitter with position versatility, but lack of discipline makes him tough to trust right now…potential NFL starter within two years.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #48
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this pick a lot but he better learn to get tackle a little lower against NFL RB's or they'll shake him off like a flea. The bigger WR's will, also. I'm liking our entire draft, so far.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #49
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That's a good point. Nickel LB is really a just as much a starter as the other ILB or NT.
More, Nickel LB played over 50% of the snaps.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #50
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
What will be his role next season? I can't see him replacing Manning. I wanted a 2nd rounder that could immediately be plugged in and start.
His role will be to keep Shiloh Keo on the freaking bench in the 3 safety set Wade loves.

EDIT: OK, OK. I came late to the thread. I didn't know everyone and their mother had already posted this.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #51
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w64D1D8cyc4

All you need to know is 2:08.
I'm more impressed at 2:28.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #52
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's going to be something special.

Talented. Super instinctive with where to be and whether to hit or wrap up, or play the ball.

The confidence is there, too.

Ed Reed, Jr.
Old 04-27-2013   #53
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopkins and swearinger make the draft for me. Just get solid players the rest of the way.

This city is going to love Hopkins and swearinger. Two passionate players that wear it on their sleeve...

And not I'm not talking about a patch on a letterman...
Old 04-27-2013   #54
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

This hit >>
Ouch, but I can see it getting flagged
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #55
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post

This hit >>
I do not see this getting flagged. He did not lead with his head, did not hit the runner in his head. Used is shoulder and hit in the chest.

Looking forward to seeing him hit some Pats, Ravens, Titans, Jags, Colts,Broncos this season.

Old 04-27-2013   #56
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Will not get away with holding WRs when he gets beat in NFL.
Old 04-27-2013   #57
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post

This hit >>
Yeah, that ONE doesn't seem like flag, but after watching more on him he does have some suspect hits were he better learn to keep that head up. I love his intensity, but we don't need it costing the team in yards & him in money. Still believe he will be a good one.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #58
Rey
Hall of Fame

We need to get flagged more.

Not for fake illegal hits. Like the bull calls watt gets.

We need to get flagged more ala pollard and reed. Receivers need to understand that we're going to take a penalty or two sometimes whilst punishing them. They don't need to be out there running around care free playing against a defense that they aren't concerned about getting their bell rung against.

Not saying be dirty, but when you play hard and aggressive and look to punish offensive players...you're going to get flagged sometimes. That's just the reality.
Old 04-27-2013   #59
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31940 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
We need to get flagged more.

Not for fake illegal hits. Like the bull calls watt gets.

We need to get flagged more ala pollard and reed. Receivers need to understand that we're going to take a penalty or two sometimes whilst punishing them. They don't need to be out there running around care free playing against a defense that they aren't concerned about getting their bell rung against.

Not saying be dirty, but when you play hard and aggressive and look to punish offensive players...you're going to get flagged sometimes. That's just the reality.
Couldn't have said it any better. This team needs the aggression and that attitude. Someone who just doesn't give a **** who is lined up on the other side of the ball and intends on making them think twice about catching the ball over the middle. Cushing was exactly this as well so I have no issue with Swearinger.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #60
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 74627 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Thinking I may have to change my name on here....
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read