Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2013   #21
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is there a problem with Yates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
So you're saying that Kubiak drafted
Orlovsky, drafted by the Lions,
Schaub, drafted by the Falcons,
Rosenfels, drafted by the Skins,
Beck, drafted by the Dolphins,
Grossman, drafted by the Bears,
and Keenum, who went undrafted.

Riiiight. Kubiak's definitely worked for all those teams.
How can you forget me?

-Alex Brink
Old 04-26-2013   #22
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
[*]Play-off wins are the highest standard, unless you're talking about Schaub/Yates[/list]
You've been around here long enough to know this. It is unacceptable for you to post in blatant disregard for these rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
He didn't win the game. The Texans did.
The world is back in order! The rules are being followed!

Give the kid some credit where credit is due. Is he a world breaker? No, I don't think so. I think he's a solid back up who maybe could be a solid starter. He's not the next Tom Brady or anything. But let's see what he does next year. I was disappointed with his development, but I think he's a hard worker and has a chance to show a lot of improvement still.

But to devalue a play-off win cause you used one the best running backs in the NFL? Come on. If Tom Brady had Arian Foster they'd probably throw a bit less too.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #23
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
There's a trend here folks.
Maybe he only wants QB's that are on the same level as he was when he played.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #24
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
How can you forget me?

-Alex Brink
He didn't.

Brink was in the original list.

This was the list of guys Kubiak DIDN'T draft.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #25
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yea.

he sucks.

Dont give that he's a rookie bullcrap.

That's no longer an excuse with RG3, Wilson, and Luck.

The fact that kubiak is high on him makes me feel even more confident that he sucks.

Kubiak is absolute trash when picking QBs:

Schaub
Orlovsky
Rosencopter
Beck
Grossman
Yates
Keenum

There's a trend here folks. I would absolutely love to take a shot at Geno Smith who will be the next randy moss in this draft (ridiculous personal character shots which in turn gets passed over which in turn creates a huge chip on his shoulder which in turn drives him to be a great player).

We get Geno Smith that is a threat to Schaub. It will push schaub. Schaub will finally start looking over his shoulder. Something that has never happened to schaub.

I would absolutely take a gamble on Geno Smith.
What???? He's signed a few backups and spent a few late round picks on qbs that didn't pan out?

Whether you are thrilled with schaub he's not a bust by NFL standards. Other than that he has spent late round picks looking for a diamond in the rough. Even if you consider Brady how many late round qbs pan out? Almost none. This is like saying you suck at math because you don't hit the lottery. Wake me up when he misses on a third round or better qb.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #26
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Of the qbs you used as an example of rookie success how many are 5th round or later? Oh. OK. Wilson was a third rounder and he doesn't belong in the discussion with the other two. He wasn't asked to sling it. He barely threw for 3000 yards. They ran the ball and played great defense. Put Wilson on the colts and they win 5 games tops.
Mike

Old 04-26-2013   #27
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's a trend here folks.
Your intense hatred of Kubiak causing you to criticize every single decision he makes?
Old 04-26-2013   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
What???? He's signed a few backups and spent a few late round picks on qbs that didn't pan out?

Whether you are thrilled with schaub he's not a bust by NFL standards. Other than that he has spent late round picks looking for a diamond in the rough. Even if you consider Brady how many late round qbs pan out? Almost none. This is like saying you suck at math because you don't hit the lottery. Wake me up when he misses on a third round or better qb.
You could look at every team in the league and compile similar lists. You might note the vets we brought in didn't leave the Texans for the couch, they went on to other NFL teams.

Funny how Smith isn't involved in this rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Your intense hatred of Kubiak causing you to criticize every single decision he makes?
Definitely and gets tiresome.
Old 04-26-2013   #29
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You could look at every team in the league and compile similar lists. You might note the vets we brought in didn't leave the Texans for the couch, they went on to other NFL teams.

Funny how Smith isn't involved in this rant.

Yeah but his list is even worse. You could compile a list of RBs too. But he won't do that. Schaub has won a lot of games and completed a lot of passes. Have we hit on a LT since brown? Haven't hit on an RB since Tate either. You have STARTERS in there and don't spend high picks unless you are replacing someone. Who has even ben available when we drafted that he would replace schaub with? Wilson? We are an 8 win team with him at QB.

Mike

Old 04-26-2013   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
But by your logic, Kubiak is trash picking QBs. And if the Texans were to take Geno, Kubiak would have picked him. Which would make Geno Smith trash. Why should the Texans draft another trash QB?
Old 04-26-2013   #31
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Look, if you're going to play the game, you have to know the rules.
  1. Stats don't count when they favor Schaub/Yates
  2. Stats rule when we're talking about anyone but Schaub/Yates
  3. Wins don't count when we're talking about Schaub/Yates
  4. Play-off wins are the highest standard, unless you're talking about Schaub/Yates
  5. The eyeball test is only valid if it supporst a "Schaub/Yates sucks argument"

You've been around here long enough to know this. It is unacceptable for you to post in blatant disregard for these rules.

Yeah , I suppose you are right TK .... I dont know what the hell I was thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
The world is back in order! The rules are being followed!
Thats exactly what I thought when I read the post you quoted ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

It gets worse every season ... I think most fans are unable to think critically or be objective.
Its either he's the best thing since sliced bread or he sucks , no sweet inbetween. I do not envy the job of an NFL coach or GM.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #32
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
How can you forget me?

-Alex Brink
Haha I don't know why, but I imagined that in a really pathetic, weak voice. Brink was on my list of people Kubiak did draft, mind, but hey. If people expect all 6th, 7th rounder QBs to pan out like Tom Brady, they're gonna be really disappointed.

Schaub is a decent starter. It's possible to win SBs with less.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #33
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yea.

he sucks.

Dont give that he's a rookie bullcrap.

That's no longer an excuse with RG3, Wilson, and Luck.

The fact that kubiak is high on him makes me feel even more confident that he sucks.

Kubiak is absolute trash when picking QBs:

Schaub
Orlovsky
Rosencopter
Beck
Grossman
Yates
Keenum

There's a trend here folks. I would absolutely love to take a shot at Geno Smith who will be the next randy moss in this draft (ridiculous personal character shots which in turn gets passed over which in turn creates a huge chip on his shoulder which in turn drives him to be a great player).

We get Geno Smith that is a threat to Schaub. It will push schaub. Schaub will finally start looking over his shoulder. Something that has never happened to schaub.

I would absolutely take a gamble on Geno Smith.
haha thats like saying a white guy ran a 4.2 so now every white person should be able to do it.

Why i even bother reading the trash you post is a wonder.....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read