Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2013   #21
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We will select a very talented player in the second for the following reasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The Texans just spent their 1st on someone with colorful allegations against him.

As to Mattheu there was an interesting discussion on the radio yesterday. Apparently he claims college tests for fake marijuana and that was what he tested positive for in all the tests. The NFL supposedly not test for fake marijuana. Problem solved if true. Now if he is lying...

As to Te'o there was an interesting discussion on the radio yesterday. Apparently he claims the college media tests for fake girlfriends and that was what he tested positive for in all the tests. The NFL media supposedly does not test for fake girlfriends. Problem solved if true. Now if he is lying...
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #22
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 304671 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We will select a very talented player in the second for the following reasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that smoking weed is reckless, or that it necessarily leads to being reckless. I should have been clearer. Yes, other guys in the league smoke. But they do it "responsibly".
Folks are completely overlooking that marijuana may not be involved at all. With a little looking around at least on some of the tests it was he tested positive for fake pot.

Quote:
Three LSU players, including “Heisman candidate” Tyrann Mathieu, tested positive for synthetic marijuana and are most likely suspended for the LSU/Auburn game on Saturday. According to the ESPN article, synthetic marijuana played a role in the death of Lamar Jack, a college basketball player and has been on the NCAA’s list of banned substances basically ever since.
Link

He claims all the tests were for fake pot. Fake pot was legally sold in the US until some time last year.

I think it is his immaturity issues which will keep him off the Texans.
Old 04-26-2013   #23
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You do know that every day he hands his car over to a handler who drives it away, leaving him without a vehicle (in a condominium complex full of retired elderly)...then the handler brings his car to him in the morning so he can get to his workouts...all so that he won't go out and fall into trouble.
I'm sorry, but if he needs someone to take his car away from him because he lack self-control, how do you expect this guy to stay focused on football? That's just sad. He's an adult and needs to start taking responsibility for his own actions.

Hell no, I don't want this guy on the Texans.
Old 04-26-2013   #24
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

TON OF OPTIONS!!! Looks like Arthur Brown, D.J. Swearinger, Sio Moore, Jesse Williams, Robert Alford...ect are going to be available. I'm going to out on a limb and say that we draft Arthur Brown. We are going to get a really good player in the 2nd if we don't pull a Cowboys.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #25
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
TON OF OPTIONS!!! Looks like Arthur Brown, D.J. Swearinger, Sio Moore, Jesse Williams, Robert Alford...ect are going to be available. I'm going to out on a limb and say that we draft Arthur Brown. We are going to get a really good player in the 2nd if we don't pull a Cowboys.
Damn, Ravens jumped right in front of us and got Brown. Smart move Ozzie Newsome. Still a lot of talent available.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #26
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 76476 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
sounds like, doesnt mean he is. What are the chances he shoots ups a club and paralyzes someone?

He's worth the risk. Its not like contracts are guaranteed.

His talent is real. His potential to possibly commit a crime isnt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't agree with that.

There are plenty of people that smoke weed that aren't out being reckless.

We've heard nothing about him being out and involved in reckless behavior, getting into fights or anything else involving him breaking the law other than smoking weed.

There are a lot of guys that smoke weed in the NFL that don't get popped for it and aren't hanging out at strip clubs involved in shootings.

Now I'm not saying that marijuana addiction isn't a problem for an NFL player. I just disagree that because he smokes he's a risk to be involved in all kinds of other bad behavior.
I couldn't care less about smoking weed. I do care about a players ability to be on the field Smoking weed will keep a player off the field.

I'm a honey badger fan and would've been happy if we drafted him, but would've always worried about him being suspended.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #27
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
Damn, Ravens jumped right in front of us and got Brown. Smart move Ozzie Newsome. Still a lot of talent available.
Ravend did it with Brown .... 49ers did it with Lemonier .... I'd like to punch both GM's in the face!1!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #28
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21536 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Strange, we haven't taken any one from the Big 10 yet.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read