Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What grade do you give the Texans for their first round selection?
A 102 74.45%
B 34 24.82%
C 1 0.73%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2013   #30
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 1 DeAndre Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
And I did mention that the Texans can always use their extra 4th-7th round picks to move back up into the middle of the second round if they want to.

But the three picks in the second, third, and fourth round that the Pats got should bring more value to the Texans than Hopkins by himself; I feel pretty strongly about that.
I look at it like this.

If you have a particular guy you want and someone offers you to trade back, you've got to weigh what they're offering against how bad you want that guy and if you think he's going to be there when you get to pick. If you don't think he's going to be there and he's The Guy, then you don't trade back. You make your pick.

If you don't have The Guy but a bunch of guys you like or if you think you're the only one coveting your Guy so he'll still be there, go ahead and trade back.

I think the Texans looked Hopkins as The Guy and when he was there, they weren't going to risk losing him. I got no problem with that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read