Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-26-2013   #41
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who Do the Texans Take In The Second Round?

Hopkins fits Texan prototype for WR position, hence who is prototype for a true pass rushing OLB? Barwin clone with similar size & athletic ability. really like Okafor 6045 261 8T, 18TFL, 12.5 sacks. Think he can stand up in a 3-4 & is fluid in space while has ability to run contain & stack & shed.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #42
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I would love to sit here with these four slots that the Pats got in the trade: 52, 83, 102, and 229.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #43
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

32+58= 90

You get 3 guys out of that list instead of Hopkins plus one, and still has the #102 spot and the #229 to use to trade up a few spots if you're inclined to do so.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #44
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who Do We Take In The Second Round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Man...I hope someone takes Minter before our pick...I'm tired of seeing his name associated with us...
Same could be said about Margus Hunt...
Old 04-26-2013   #45
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Im going to project a trade up for Margus Hunt.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #46
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Im going to project a trade up for Margus Hunt.
I love Hunt, and I really want to have him on this team. The more I think about it, the more I don't see us taking him. We have other needs we need to fill, and I think he goes in the 2nd. If he falls to us in the third, maybe. But we still need ILB, OLB, and OT.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #47
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I would really like a great pass rushing OLB. Move Reed to ILB, since he's not a great pass rusher to begin with. Our defense would be so much better if we could get more pressure from the OLB positions.
Old 04-26-2013   #48
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 155137 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I would really like a great pass rushing OLB. Move Reed to ILB, since he's not a great pass rusher to begin with. Our defense would be so much better if we could get more pressure from the OLB positions.
Is there one of those ?
Old 04-26-2013   #49
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Is there one of those ?
Okafor has elite edge rush talent & was more productive than Dion Jordan who Miami traded up for #3 overall IMO.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #50
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Dude, why? He's a natural ILB, who's a tackling machine, an automatic upgrade, great lateral agility, a 1st day starter in a position that's our first biggest hole on defense. NT would be the second biggest hole on defense, and at that, we're talking about depth and development behind Mitchell. I wouldn't mind taking Brown or Bostic either, but damn, who wants to go in to this season with Sharpton, when you can go in with a guy who's actually ready to go?
Quote:
I disagree with your assesment.

I don't like the way Minter plays. I think there are better ILB's in this draft.
I agree with Rey .... Dont want Minter. Better fit and value later at the position.

Give me a DL , OLB or RT here. Someone to get after the QB .... or protect the QB. Or double down at WR with Da'Rick Rogers .... He's an absolute beast between the lines .... even if he is lacking between the ears.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #51
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Is there one of those ?
More than one.

It's going to be interesting to see who drops and who we get.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #52
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Okafor has elite edge rush talent & was more productive than Dion Jordan who Miami traded up for #3 overall IMO.
I would love Okafor, but I think he goes in the top half of the 2nd.
Old 04-26-2013   #53
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I agree with Rey .... Dont want Minter. Better fit and value later at the position.

Give me a DL , OLB or RT here. Someone to get after the QB .... or protect the QB. Or double down at WR with Da'Rick Rogers .... He's an absolute beast between the lines .... even if he is lacking between the ears.
I have to admit that the thought of getting someone like Da'Rick or Woods in the 2nd has occurred to me.

I think OLB and DL are the bigger need... but...
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #54
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans need another pass rusher. They have to know that.

Reed and Merciless are not going to get 'er done.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #55
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Should there be a run at WR, QB and RB, we are likely to draft LB or DT in the 2nd. Outside chance would be S but good S prospect/s should be gone before our pick. Your thoughts?
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #56
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I have to admit that the thought of getting someone like Da'Rick or Woods in the 2nd has occurred to me.

I think OLB and DL are the bigger need... but...
Well, they say this is a passing league now. It would make our offense tough to stop and set us up for the future.
Old 04-26-2013   #57
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the Texans have to go pass rusher in this round. They need another pass rusher...I won't go into my thoughts on Merciless, but him and Reed aren't enough. Pass rusher is now the biggest need. ILB can be addressed in the 3rd or fourth....or even later....
I was just thinking this same thing last night. That or RT.

We still need an ILB, maybe two.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #58
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Man this draft is going well for Texans. I agree with Beerlover on Okafur. We should be looking good at 57.
Old 04-26-2013   #59
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Man this draft is going well for Texans. I agree with Beerlover on Okafur. We should be looking good at 57.
Hunt, Brown, Okafor, Moore, Armstead and Jenkins are still available.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read