Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-25-2013   #1
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who dont you want with our 1st pick

its an annual Texans tradition after the Texans first rd pick- epic individual meltdowns and promises of eating hats etc

so just for a laugh when the Texans do inevitably take somebody that is mentioned here, list the players that would leave you cold if they become Texans tonight:

I actually like all the wrs tbh so the only ones id be meh on are-menelik Watson & manti teo
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who dont you want with our 1st pick

You.

J/k...Kinda...

But seriously....I don't want Kenny Vaccaro, Minter or Ogletree.

I suspect there are a few others I wouldn't want, but haven't watched them enough to say for sure...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #3
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

MATT BARKLEY.

I would love the Texans to get VANCE McDONALD TE Rice somewhere in this draft. And a big ugly NT JOHN JENKINS.
Old 04-25-2013   #4
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody with the letters WR in front of their name, unless Star falls down the draft board, which ain't happening
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

DO NOT WANT:

Manti Teo (I think the Vikings will pick him before the Texans have a chance)
Menelik Watson (Ugghhhhhh)
any guard not named Warmack or Cooper
any TE not named Eifert
any QB
Kevin Minter
Old 04-25-2013   #6
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn I didnt see its a dont want pick lol

Grab Margus Hunt 6ft8in 277lbs put him as DE and move Smith to NT on passing downs, between Hunt & Watt balls will be swatted every where.

When reviewing 3-4 scheme defensive ends drafted since 2004 who became all-pro players, the following tendencies stood out:

Minimum 33” arm length
Minimum 24 bench reps
Minimum 30” vertical

Bjoern Warner, Datone Jones, and Margus Hunt fall within these parameters for this draft class.

Last edited by srrono; 04-25-2013 at 06:09 PM.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #7
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
DO NOT WANT:

Manti Teo (I think the Vikings will pick him before the Texans have a chance)
Menelik Watson (Ugghhhhhh)
any guard not named Warmack or Cooper
any TE not named Eifert
any QB
Kevin Minter
Zach Ertz stanford

Compares To: Jason Witten, TE, Dallas Cowboys - Like Witten, Ertz is a strong, tough receiver who isn't an elite athlete but gets the job done, finding ways to get open and create separation. Neither will impress with a 40-yard dash, but show good route quickness and aggressive hands.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2013   #8
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Some mocks have Shariff Flyod falling out of the top 10 if the Raiders crap the bed...
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't want in the 1st:
LBs: Minter, Teo, Brown
OTs other than Joeckel, Fisher or Lane Johnson
Any CBs, not a need and won't see the field
No QBs please
No OGs other than Cooper or Warmack, who will both be gone
None of the safeties, should be taken later in the draft
I'm not dead set on any of the WRs, so I'll be OK with one of them

I really hope we trade back and increase our chances of getting contributors. We need depth across the board.
Old 04-25-2013   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Cordarrelle Patterson
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Cordarrelle Patterson
How bad was this interview? The woman is watching tv until 8, so I am missing all the good stuff.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
How bad was this interview? The woman is watching tv until 8, so I am missing all the good stuff.
Very short, I'm quick to judge & judgmental.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #13
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Very short, I'm quick to judge & judgmental.
IDC what his interview is like, its not like Andre is a smart guy, its the talent that matters. He is a hard working humble, but confident kid. I like him.

i don't want Keenan Allen
Old 04-26-2013   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99799 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Bill

2. Me

3. Angela Lansbury

4. Abe Vigoda

5. A small patch of brown liquid

5. Early Cuyler

6. That Fat Guy from Seinfeld

7. Anyone who calls himself "A elite quarterback" spends MILLIONS at the Cheesecake Factoryand can't memorize a playbook.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read