Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-25-2013   #1
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who Do the Texans Take In The Second Round?

I'm counting 58 players that IMO could go in the second round.
So which of these guys do you think it will be? Or will it be someone not on the list.

(Obviously there are some guys on the list at positions we won't be interested in.)

• Geno Smith QB West Virginia
• *Robert Woods WR Southern California
• *Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M
• *Keenan Allen WR California (X)
• Matt Barkley QB Southern California
*Menelik Watson OT Florida State
• *Justin Hunter WR Tennessee (X)
Kawann Short DT Purdue
• *Tank Carradine DE Florida State (X)
• Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
• Jamar Taylor CB Boise State
• Arthur Brown LB Kansas State
• *Eddie Lacy RB Alabama (X)
*Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio State
Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State
• Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas (X)
• Margus Hunt DE Southern Methodist
• Jonathan Cyprien FS Florida International

• Jesse Williams NT Alabama
• Mike Glennon QB North Carolina State
• Darius Slay CB Mississippi State
• Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame (O)
• *Zach Ertz TE Stanford
• Alex Okafor DE Texas
• Larry Warford OG Kentucky
• Jamie Collins LB Southern Mississippi (DE)
• Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech
• *David Amerson CB North Carolina State
• John Jenkins NT Georgia
• Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA
• *Kevin Minter LB LSU
• *Tyler Bray QB Tennesse
• Khasseem Greene LB Rutgers

• *Sam Montgomery DE LSU
Sio Moore LB UConn
• Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern State

• Terrance Williams WR Baylor
• Jon Bostic LB Florida
• Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
• Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State
• Vance McDonald TE Rice
• Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB UConn
Terron Armstead OT Arkansas-Pine Bluff
• *Gio Bernard RB North Carolina (X)
Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State
• *Da’Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech (O)

• *Corey Lemonier DE Auburn
• Barrett Jones C/G Alabama (X)
• *Bennie Logan DT LSU
• Kiko Alonso LB Oregon
Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati (X)
• Robert Alford CB Southeastern Louisiana
D.J. Swearinger SS South Carolina
• Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
• *David Bahktiari OT Colorado
• *Logan Ryan CB Rutgers

• Dallas Thomas G/T Tennessee (X)
Aaron Dobson WR Marshall

My favorites in bold
Old 04-25-2013   #2
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who Do We Take In The Second Round?

We got our pick in Hopkins. Awesome. Now that a WR is taken care of, who do we take tomorrow?

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who will be the next pick

Pick #33 or the Texans next pick?
Old 04-25-2013   #4
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

For us, Cyprien please, but he won't fall to us IMO.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #5
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Pick #33 or the Texans next pick?
This is a Texans board! Ii thought it would be obvious.
Old 04-25-2013   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who Do We Take In The Second Round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
We got our pick in Hopkins. Awesome. Now that a WR is taken care of, who do we take tomorrow?
Well... we've got a bunch of picks before it comes around to us.

Arthur Brown
Sio Moore
Kevin Minter
Zach Ertz
Corey Lemonier
Alex Okafor
Johnathon Hankins
Travis Kelce
Menelik Watson
Kawann Short
Manti Te'o
Cyprien
Swearinger...

I don't know.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #7
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Arthur Brown
Sio Moore
Kevin Minter
Zach Ertz
Corey Lemonier
Alex Okafor
Johnathon Hankins
Travis Kelce
Menelik Watson
Kawann Short
Manti Te'o
Cyprien
Swearinger...

I don't know.
All the above + Magus Hunt
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2013   #8
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Arthur Brown
Sio Moore
Kevin Minter
Zach Ertz
Corey Lemonier
Alex Okafor
Johnathon Hankins
Travis Kelce
Menelik Watson
Kawann Short
Manti Te'o
Cyprien
Swearinger...

I don't know.
Throw in Terron Armstead and Jon Bostic as well and I think you've got a solid list.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This is a Texans board! Ii thought it would be obvious.
I guess the inclusion of some of the players (like the WRs) confused me?

OT - Watson & Armstead
ILB - Minter, Brown, and maybe Sio Moore as a projection
OLB - Damontre Moore, Collins, and maybe Lemonier
DL - Short, Logan, and Jesse Williams
QB - I think they would have to consider Barkley if he were still available

So that's 12 with 25 picks to go. I think a 3 or 4 of these guys will be available.
Old 04-25-2013   #10
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79098 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who Do the Texans Take In The Second Round?

Damontre Moore would be ideal
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #11
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no faith in newton or Harris so I'm hoping the Texans pick an OL.
Old 04-25-2013   #12
moonsh0t
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 moonsh0t is a quality contributor and well respectedmoonsh0t is a quality contributor and well respectedmoonsh0t is a quality contributor and well respectedmoonsh0t is a quality contributor and well respectedmoonsh0t is a quality contributor and well respectedmoonsh0t is a quality contributor and well respectedmoonsh0t is a quality contributor and well respectedmoonsh0t is a quality contributor and well respectedmoonsh0t is a quality contributor and well respectedmoonsh0t is a quality contributor and well respectedmoonsh0t is a quality contributor and well respected

Margus Hunt and JJ Watt swatting balls together would get me nocturnal emissions.
moonsh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
All the above + Magus Hunt
I forgot to put him in there. My bad.
Old 04-25-2013   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

• *Robert Woods WR Southern California
• *Menelik Watson OT Florida State
• *Justin Hunter WR Tennessee (X)
• *Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio State
Jesse Williams NT Alabama
• *Zach Ertz TE Stanford
• *David Amerson CB North Carolina State
• Terron Armstead OT Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Old 04-25-2013   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
Throw in Terron Armstead and Jon Bostic as well and I think you've got a solid list.
I'm hoping for Bostic in the 3rd if we don't go ILB in the 2nd.
Old 04-25-2013   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of road before our pick, but I think this is the most important decision as I think we'll be getting a player of equal value to our 1st rounder.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Damontre Moore would be ideal
IDK ... he was slow and weak .
Old 04-25-2013   #18
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 25813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm hoping for Bostic in the 3rd if we don't go ILB in the 2nd.
This. If not Minter or Brown then Bostic or Lemonier in the 3rd. Come to think of it, I'd rather have Bostic over Brown.

I just really feel that after WR that ILB is our weakest link...and I'd rather it be a true ILB and not a converted OLB.

Ha! It's not going to happen, but imagine if Da'Rick Rogers dropped into the 3rd or 4th?
EVOLVIST is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

This is my wish list. And yes I know there are WR's on it. I would not hate doubling down.

Menelik Watson OT Florida State
• Justin Hunter WR Tennessee (X)
• Kawann Short DT Purdue
• Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio State
• Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State
• Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas (X)
• Jesse Williams NT Alabama
• Mike Glennon QB North Carolina State
• Darius Slay CB Mississippi State
• *Zach Ertz TE Stanford
• Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech
• John Jenkins NT Georgia
• Kevin Minter LB LSU
• Tyler Bray QB Tennesse
• Khasseem Greene LB Rutgers
• Sio Moore LB UConn
• Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern State
• Terron Armstead OT Arkansas-Pine Bluff
• Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State
• Kiko Alonso LB Oregon
• Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati (X)
• D.J. Swearinger SS South Carolina
• Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
• *David Bahktiari OT Colorado
• Aaron Dobson WR Marshall

And yes • Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame
Old 04-25-2013   #20
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104085 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love for Geno to fall to us in the 2nd round. I wouldn't mind Barkley in the third if he falls that low (God, everyone hates this crop of QBs). That being said, those are not needs.

Something tells me NT here, Safety and ILB in the 3rd.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read