Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-25-2013   #41
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Reminds me of Miles Austin.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #42
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

If it is okay for you to say he had left it should be okay for others to post the opposite. I wasn't there so don't know but it is a story that should be at least considered by a team. Obviously, Texans not too concerned.
bingo

hes denied it.. don't you think the Texans would've investigated and the fact they took him means they believe him so no its a non issue for any logical fan
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #43
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Go on....... I'm listening
Don't listen.

Go watch each guy's highlights and make sure you watch Hopkins' highlights last. I did, a few days ago, and I have to say that my eyes told me he was the best WR for us.

Listening? Just see for yourself by watching their highlights.
Old 04-25-2013   #44
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I can understand if you prefer one of the other WRs that were on the board, but IMO, you might not know enough about Hopkins if you're disappointed with the pick.
Your probably right. Just thought Hopkins if others cleared out first ya know. Man what I would give for some explosion at WR. We lack gamebreakers offensively.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #45
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 138774 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your probably right. Just thought Hopkins if others cleared out first ya know. Man what I would give for some explosion at WR. We lack gamebreakers offensively.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCVWGxNjF_k

His bowl game was fantastic. Yeah, he doesn't have the speed to lose corners in the dust, but he does have fantastic routes and moves that give him separation.

Much like that Andre Johnson guy.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #46
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
worth a watch, deandre on sports science. has sick hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1nHtKg5AQ0
Wow.

Now I'm REALLY psyched.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #47
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2096 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm very happy with the pick. Hopkins has amazing hands--figuratively and literally--which is what you need to be an elite WR in the NFL. I think Hopkins will be a beast at WR2, definitely has the ceiling to take over when AJ retires, and will prove to be the best WR from this draft.
Old 04-26-2013   #48
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I think several WRs were ranked pretty close.

Patterson has the most talent - but is also really raw and seems to not be the smartest guy. Boom or bust guy that wouldn't help right away.
What I saw watching Patterson was he often trapped the ball instead of catching with his hands.
Old 04-26-2013   #49
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have preferred Cordarelle Patterson.
Old 04-26-2013   #50
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Now we got two Andres.
Old 04-26-2013   #51
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7330 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

I was really hoping Tyler Eifert was gonna reach us... but im happy with this pick.
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #52
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2408 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a great pick. IMO he is the most pro ready WR in the draft. Runs good routes, knows how to get open...ect. He also was a terror his junior year playing against top talent. If you don't like the pick I suggest you watch him playing against LSU, they could not stop him. I recall that he gave Eric Reid, picked #18, fits. As for the trashed room at the combine, I would bet money that the room was trashed after he left. He left early and the Texans surely did their due diligence before making the draft pick.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #53
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=dwB5J11rmdU

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #54
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Some video of Hopkins in 5 games of 2012: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTJjRlGOCjk

Also the LSU game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCVWGxNjF_k

He killed LSU in that game. It took about 1 quarter for them to figure out that they didn't have a player on their sideline that could cover Hopkins. And they paid for it.

Another: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVWm9pNiXYY

Another showing him just catch one handers off a machine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwB5J11rmdU. Doesn't really mean much but it is kind of cool.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #55
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
bingo

hes denied it.. don't you think the Texans would've investigated and the fact they took him means they believe him so no its a non issue for any logical fan
Eh, I wouldn't trust the Texans private investigation division after the whole Cushing fiasco.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #56
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 358 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

I wonder if they take a shot at another WR between now and the 4th.
I'm still a Robert Woods fan
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #57
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry if posted already.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...edies/2086501/
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #58
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You have to remember all the way back years ago, the Detroit Lions chose wide receiver Charles Rogers instead of wide receiver Andre Johnson. They had Charles Rogers with the more explosive dynamic features, and Andre Johnson with the smoother hands and more fluid route running.

Call me a little bit biased, but I think we got the best receiver in the year's draft
Old 04-26-2013   #59
GP 
Go Texans!

82 receptions

1405 yards

18 TDs

Just sayin...
Old 04-26-2013   #60
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You have to remember all the way back years ago, the Detroit Lions chose wide receiver Charles Rogers instead of wide receiver Andre Johnson. They had Charles Rogers with the more explosive dynamic features, and Andre Johnson with the smoother hands and more fluid route running.
You have it backwards. Rogers was considered the more polished receiver and Johnson the better athlete (though Rogers was considered an elite athlete himself). AJ has worked hard to develop his WR skills over the course of his career.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read