Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-25-2013   #21
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How into draft R U?

I'm so excited for this draft. I have no idea why I am more excited than normal for this one, but I can't wait!
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I'm so excited for this draft. I have no idea why I am more excited than normal for this one, but I can't wait!
I'm excited but more in a calm way if that makes sense. This draft seems to be falling well for Texans both for a pick #27 or a having multi players there that could be targets for other teams to trade up with good offers. I am glad that
QBs and WRs are not going hot so far.
Old 04-25-2013   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

It's cool with me because Sean Pendergast aka "The Cablanasian" posted on his "Hairballs" blog on Houston Press a Bingo game:

Battle-Drink Bingo

I'm pretty hammered at this point!
Old 04-26-2013   #24
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
When this draft thing is over, I think we need to talk about the Elephant in the room.

Priest Holmes may have had a very nice & prolific career, but he didn't make a "huge" difference, from a big picture P.O.V. & right now, I question if Foster will reach Priest Holmes' status.

Decent overall numbers in 2012. A couple of good games. There were a lot of reasons for the way his season turned out... but in all honesty, I expected more from the man. I was disappointed with more of his carries than not.

Priests numbers were MUCH better than Ricky Williams in the NFL and the man WAS the Chiefs running game. If you played the Chiefs and didn't prepare for Priest you paid a heavy price.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #25
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

not really. there are a few guys every year that i know of, have seen enough of to feel confident about how they'll transition to the NFL. Then around this time of year i usually check out a few more. I don't do mock drafts b/c i feel they're just a waste of time considering you don't know how 32 teams have their boards set up and how they value what they already have...you may have an idea about 1 team but 32?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #26
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
not really. there are a few guys every year that i know of, have seen enough of to feel confident about how they'll transition to the NFL. Then around this time of year i usually check out a few more. I don't do mock drafts b/c i feel they're just a waste of time considering you don't know how 32 teams have their boards set up and how they value what they already have...you may have an idea about 1 team but 32?
I like to do mock drafts like the Texan's Talk 7 rounder where different guys are picking different for different teams. It makes you learn more about who's out there and gives you a feel for where they'll to in the draft. It also gives you some appreciation for the excitement of having your eye on a guy, hoping that he'll fall to you, or when you've got a list of guys you want and you see them flying off the board.

Now... with that said... it usually doesn't bear a lot of resemblance to what actually happens. There are always surprises and weirdnesses during the draft. But that's part of what makes it so awesome.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #27
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
There've been TOO MANY guys who were drafted late who weren't expected to do much and did GREAT Ben Roethlisburger & Tom Brady come to mind.
Not that it affects your overriding point, but Rapistberger was selected 11th overall in the first round of the 2004 draft.
Old 04-26-2013   #28
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Not that it affects your overriding point, but Rapistberger was selected 11th overall in the first round of the 2004 draft.
I stand corrected.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, it is over...anything you (not Texans) should have done differently? I am already reading up on the colleges.
Old 04-28-2013   #30
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Well, it is over...anything you (not Texans) should have done differently? I am already reading up on the colleges.
I think I wasted my time by having the NFLN broadcast on.

Right at the end of the draft, I found out that the Texans has a radio broadcast going on the HT.com site. I should have just been on one of the Draft Trackers with Texans Talk and the Texans' broadcast on.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read