Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-24-2013   #61
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Tebow...

Any receivers with a 8 ft catch radius in the draft?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-24-2013   #62
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Potential low-risk, high reward Qb for the Texans

I think there sticking with the QB's they have unless the don't believe in yates then of course they will continue to look for the QB of the future simple has dat u think if Geno falls to us .... Nah no way he will fall that much ..????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #63
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Tebow...

Any receivers with a 8 ft catch radius in the draft?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
Did you not watch the two Schaub playoff games? He was shaky in both games, throwing stuff nowhere near his targets...really, only the Bengals being worse than the Patriots is what saved Schaub.

That Bengals game, everyone in the game day thread was remarking that we were shark bait heading into round 2 based on how Schaub played vs the Bengals.

I don't think a team needs a guy like Tebow to be Matt Schaub Passing Stats caliber of QB. What I'd like to see is an extra QB on this team who brings a whole different dynamic, a variety that you could switch to if needed.

I'm hoping like hell that Yates and Keenum grow, I just don't think Matt Schaub is the guy to get us to that next level. Thought from what I saw in 2011 that his 2012 would be the breakout year...but no, it got worse as the year wore on. He's peaked.
Old 04-25-2013   #64
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #65
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #66
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Did you not watch the two Schaub playoff games? He was shaky in both games, throwing stuff nowhere near his targets...really, only the Bengals being worse than the Patriots is what saved Schaub.

That Bengals game, everyone in the game day thread was remarking that we were shark bait heading into round 2 based on how Schaub played vs the Bengals.

I don't think a team needs a guy like Tebow to be Matt Schaub Passing Stats caliber of QB. What I'd like to see is an extra QB on this team who brings a whole different dynamic, a variety that you could switch to if needed.

I'm hoping like hell that Yates and Keenum grow, I just don't think Matt Schaub is the guy to get us to that next level. Thought from what I saw in 2011 that his 2012 would be the breakout year...but no, it got worse as the year wore on. He's peaked.
I don't think Schaub is the guy either but Tebow? Damn! Why in the world would anyone want to add Tebow to their team now after seeing what his presence did for the Bronco's and Jets?

Being the team that has to tell Tim Tebow that he's not a real boy is a thankless friggin' job if ever there was one. You bring him in, his fans mob you like some kind of Jesus-loving version of the Fresno Mafia we got with Carr. Then McFarland Toys makes another version of his action figure with your teams colors on it and for the entire season whoever your starter is gets picked apart by a bunch of people who should realize that Tebow isn't better than whoever you are trotting out there but who can't for some reason wrap their brains around this. Then he finally gets to play and they don't his faults, give him credit for every other players successes, and start demanding that you start him and reshape your offense around his "unique set of skills" because it supposedly worked in Denver.

F' that! I say again "I don't want him even in Texas much less in Houston".
Old 04-25-2013   #67
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't think Schaub is the guy either but Tebow? Damn! Why in the world would anyone want to add Tebow to their team now after seeing what his presence did for the Bronco's and Jets?

Being the team that has to tell Tim Tebow that he's not a real boy is a thankless friggin' job if ever there was one. You bring him in, his fans mob you like some kind of Jesus-loving version of the Fresno Mafia we got with Carr. Then McFarland Toys makes another version of his action figure with your teams colors on it and for the entire season whoever your starter is gets picked apart by a bunch of people who should realize that Tebow isn't better than whoever you are trotting out there but who can't for some reason wrap their brains around this. Then he finally gets to play and they don't his faults, give him credit for every other players successes, and start demanding that you start him and reshape your offense around his "unique set of skills" because it supposedly worked in Denver.

F' that! I say again "I don't want him even in Texas much less in Houston".
I laughed out loud with this post.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read