Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-24-2013   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ric Smith on radio at 4pm April 24th

610 am radio to discuss draft. Don't expect to get much but will try to post what I get for those that cannot tune in.
Old 04-24-2013   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ric Smith on radio at 4pm April 24th

I believe they are just going to play what was recorded earlier today or yesterday...

I listened to the post interview and the press conference and there wasn't much of note...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I believe they are just going to play what was recorded earlier today or yesterday...

I listened to the post interview and the press conference and there wasn't much of note...
Oh, I just turned radio on and heard the blurb...Smith keeps things close to vest anyway but it is something of a "fix".
Old 04-24-2013   #4
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile Re: Ric Smith on radio at 4pm April 24th

I wonder if he is going to tell us who the Texans are going to draft tommorrow?.......psych.....lol
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Was from a Vandermeer interview yesterday. sigh Scouts do good job and are consistent. Board doesn't change significantly unless medicals involved. Texans are not in position with glaring holes that they would have to draft based on need. Couple blurbs actually from Smith with radio guys commenting. Same old talk show fodder. Did say he goes back to scouting evaluation if looking at vets as free agents. Allow this thread to die.
Old 04-24-2013   #6
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Yes, typical Rick Smith interview.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I posted this here back in 2008. I think we had him nailed 5 years ago as to his interviews. My imaginary interview with Rick Smith:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Thorn: Rick, if the sky was a slightly paler shade of blue, how would that affect your outlook on draft prospects?

Rick Smith: Well, certainly we use a lot of tools in investigating our draft prospects, and sky color would certainly factor into that. But we try not to let any one thing be our only means of evaluation of talent.

Thorn: What kind of car do you own, Mr. Smith?

Rick Smith: I own several kinds of vehicles, and certainly no one of them can be more important than the other. All of them have to be driven at some point in time, so I try to drive them all as evenly as possible.

Thorn: Do you like Mexican food?

Rick Smith: I certainly enjoy dining out, and when making the decision on which restaurant to attend, we have a good staff being assembled right now to appraise those different choices.

Thorn: Have you ever had sex?

Rick Smith: I think procreation can definitely be considered when assessing a voting population; however its not always a primary concern.

Thorn: Thank you for the interview, Mr. Smith. Do you have any final thoughts?

Rick Smith: Im all for acquiring as many thoughts as possible for any possible situation, but well evaluate that during the process.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2013   #8
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I posted this here back in 2008. I think we had him nailed 5 years ago as to his interviews. My imaginary interview with Rick Smith:
MSR.
htownfan32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #9
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That captures him pretty well. But actually, I think he's gotten even worse since 2008.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well that was pretty much the interview in a nutshell.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
That captures him pretty well. But actually, I think he's gotten even worse since 2008.
By "worse", you mean better, right?

I don't want a GM who gives out interviews and tells anyone what he's thinking. I want a GM that only says things that are jedi-mind tricks designed and crafted to confuse and befuddle the other GMs out there.

I think Smith is pretty good about that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
By "worse", you mean better, right?

I don't want a GM who gives out interviews and tells anyone what he's thinking. I want a GM that only says things that are jedi-mind tricks designed and crafted to confuse and befuddle the other GMs out there.

I think Smith is pretty good about that.
Yes, he is.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #13
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was some funny stuff there Thorn. I out loud. REP your way.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read