Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-23-2013   #1721
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Good job to all who stuck through all 7 rounds!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #1722
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm on my phone, so it's hard to see who's been taken...

That said, with the final pick of the draft the colts select WR Rodney Smith, Florida state. 6'5" 225 lbs, 4.43 forty. Good athleticism, good body control. Will contribute a bit for the colts immediately and will be this years Marques colston.

Might be a good player for the texans to consider late in the actual draft.
Very good late pick. I really hope the Texans take a hard look at him for the 6th or 7th round or sign him as an UDFA. I think he'd be worth putting on the IR list with an aggravated hangnail so that he can work out but we can still protect him.

Thank You to 76Texan, Dutchrudder, Blake, and SteelBTexan for running a great mock. It gets tough in the 6th and 7th rounds. You guys did a great job.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #1723
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Very good late pick. I really hope the Texans take a hard look at him for the 6th or 7th round or sign him as an UDFA. I think he'd be worth putting on the IR list with an aggravated hangnail so that he can work out but we can still protect him.
He caught a pass in 39 straight games for the Noles to end his career and was given the most unselfish offensive player award by the coaching staff.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #1724
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
He caught a pass in 39 straight games for the Noles to end his career and was given the most unselfish offensive player award by the coaching staff.
I can't believe he lasted so long.

Nice mock draft every one.
Let's revisit it next year to have an early glimpse of how your selections perform.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #1725
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've spent all my rep power today

I even tried to neg-rep corrosion for his Shiitee job as the Texans GM, but it says I have to spread rep around before I can do that. Just joking, LOL!
Old 04-23-2013   #1726
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

My thanks to all. I enjoyed it though I wish I wasn't so pressed for time. I made a couple of mistakes rushing but at the end of the day I don't think I did the Jets wrong, too much.

Rep to the great folks that ran the show ASAP.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #1727
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a breakdown of the draft:

By position, WR was clearly the most picked, with CB and Safety following.

By conference, the SEC blew everyone out the water with 69. The next highest was the Pac 12 with 37.

The top schools as far as number of players picked are:

10 Florida State
10 LSU
9 Alabama
9 Georgia
7 Florida
6 USC
6 Clemson
6 Notre Dame
5 Texas A&M
5 Oklahoma
5 Oregon
5 North Carolina
5 UCLA
5 Arkansas
5 South Carolina
Old 04-23-2013   #1728
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Can you normalize it according to the number is schools in each conference?
Old 04-23-2013   #1729
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Can you normalize it according to the number is schools in each conference?
Sure:

SEC - 69 - 4.928
PAC 12 - 37 - 3.083
ACC - 34 - 2.833
Big 12 - 22 - 2.2
Big East - 17 - 2.125
Big 10 - 22 - 1.833
Old 04-23-2013   #1730
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Thanks, Dutch.

The Big Eeast has a good number of prospects per school; it's a little surprising that they are above the Big 10 and pretty close to the Big 12.
Old 04-24-2013   #1731
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113664 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Here's a breakdown of the draft:

By position, WR was clearly the most picked, with CB and Safety following.

By conference, the SEC blew everyone out the water with 69. The next highest was the Pac 12 with 37.

The top schools as far as number of players picked are:

10 Florida State
10 LSU
9 Alabama
9 Georgia
7 Florida
6 USC
6 Clemson
6 Notre Dame
5 Texas A&M
5 Oklahoma
5 Oregon
5 North Carolina
5 UCLA
5 Arkansas
5 South Carolina
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #1732
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Round 1
14 Carolina - Honoring Earl - Star Lotulelei DT Utah
Honoring Earl was the only mocker to match a pick in the 1st round.
Old 04-26-2013   #1733
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Honoring Earl was the only mocker to match a pick in the 1st round.
He actually matched 2:

17 17 Pittsburgh - Honoring Earl - Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
Old 04-26-2013   #1734
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
He actually matched 2:

17 17 Pittsburgh - Honoring Earl - Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
I picked Hopkins for Houston also if anyone beside me cares .
Old 04-26-2013   #1735
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
You're a genious, Earl!
Old 04-26-2013   #1736
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Buy a lottery ticket now!
Old 04-26-2013   #1737
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Well, my guy Eric Fisher was the number one pick; do I at least get the refund for the lottery ticket?
Old 04-26-2013   #1738
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, my guy Eric Fisher was the number one pick; do I at least get the refund for the lottery ticket?
The draft was really weird and slow . I do think Mayock gets tipped off .
Old 04-26-2013   #1739
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
You get extra points if your guy moves up .
Old 04-26-2013   #1740
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought this was interesting.

Real vs. Mock Round Discrepancies

TT Mock: R4.01 #98 Jacksonville Jaguars - Blake - D.J. Hayden CB Houston
Actual Draft: R1.13 #13 Oakland Raiders - D.J. Hayden CB Houston
Pick Discrepancies: 85 Spots

TT Mock:R3.16 #78 St. Louis Rams - RT22 - Eric Reid S LSU
Actual Draft: R1.18 #18 - San Francisco 49ers - Eric Reid S LSU
Pick Discrepancies: 60 Spots

TT Mock:R3.04 #66 Oakland Raiders - srrono - E.J.Manuel QB Florida State
Actual Draft: R1.16 #16 Buffalo Bills - E.J.Manuel QB Florida State
Pick Discrepancies: 50 Spots

TT Mock:R3.10 #72 New York Jets - dsr23 - Travis Frederick OG Wisconsin

Actual Draft:R1.31 #31 Dallas Cowboys - Travis Frederick OG Wisconsin
Pick Discrepancies: 41 Spots

TT Mock:R2.20 #50 Chicago Bears - Dutchrudder - Justin Pugh OG Syracuse
Actual Draft: R1.19 #19 New York Giants - Justin Pugh OG Syracuse
Pick Discrepancies: 31 Spots

TT Mock:R2.13 #44 Carolina Panthers - Honoring Earl - Kyle Long OT Oregon
Actual Draft:R1.20 #20 Chicago Bears - Kyle Long OT Oregon
Pick Discrepancies: 24 Spots

TT Mock:R2.22 #52 Minnesota Vikings - NC Texan - Sylvester Williams DT UNC
Actual Draft:R1.28 #28 Denver Broncos - Sylvester Williams DT UNC
Pick Discrepancies: 24 Spots

TT Mock:R2.9 #40 Tennessee Titans - Senor Stan - Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
Actual Draft:R1.21 #21 Cincinatti Bengals - Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
Pick Discrepancies: 19 Spots

TT Mock:R2.2 #34 San Francisco 49ers - Wolverine Fan - Datone Jones DE UCLA
Actual Draft:R1.26 #26 Green Bay Packers - Datone Jones DE UCLA
Pick Discrepancies: 8 Spots
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read