Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-23-2013   #21
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Glitter Kittys get new uni's.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
i like the simple, retro looking unis (giants, 9ers, packers etc.) much more than these newer designs. every year they make them look more and more like arena league unis.

Exactly

The Jags....

The Dolphins look alright, and the Vikings going retro is cool.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #22
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 141560 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember those tacky pickups from the 90's with the 2 tone paint jobs that looked crap? Same concept. Makes sense I guess I bet the mullet and z cavarrichis are still popular in Jacksonville too.
Old 04-23-2013   #23
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Soon all unis are going to be like this. Definitely will look out of place.
Old 04-23-2013   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

This is awful. Worst uniforms in the NFL without any doubt in my opinion.

Arena ball uniform.
Old 04-24-2013   #25
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 46521 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Remember those tacky pickups from the 90's with the 2 tone paint jobs that looked crap? Same concept. Makes sense I guess I bet the mullet and z cavarrichis are still popular in Jacksonville too.
You don't see those paint fades on trucks these days, but least when you do they are even and gradual, which would not describe those helmets!
Old 04-24-2013   #26
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
I think that the half-gold and half-flat black helmet was just to show the two paint schemes but on the same helmet.

There's another photo where the entire helmet is gold.

There's no way they would do something so dumb looking. Then again, they put black tarps on empty spectator sections in their stadium...and have two guys in their war room.
Old 04-24-2013   #27
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think that the half-gold and half-flat black helmet was just to show the two paint schemes but on the same helmet.
Why wouldn't they just show 2 different helmets? If what you're saying is true that is pretty cheap and pathetic.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #28
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There's another photo where the entire helmet is gold.

There's no way they would do something so dumb looking. Then again, they put black tarps on empty spectator sections in their stadium...and have two guys in their war room.
On the NFL network, they're saying it's a two-tone helmet.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Why wouldn't they just show 2 different helmets? If what you're saying is true that is pretty cheap and pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
On the NFL network, they're saying it's a two-tone helmet.

OK, so after reading you guys' posts...and going back and looking at the photo again...I can now see that in this photo it DOES fade to black just in front of the jaguar's mouth.

My bad. I had thought that the darkness in that area was just lack of lighting.

That's pretty much a fugly design. I'm in the wrong business...I should be re-designing football helmet paint/design schemes. I don't know how this stuff gets past all levels of decision making in an NFL organization. At some point, shouldn't someone, somewhere, stand up and say "We can't fade a gold color to a black on the helmet. One or the other, but not both."???

Sheesh.
Old 04-24-2013   #30
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Except for the ketchup top and bottom combo.
But the ketchup top with the blue pants looks badass. Try it in Madden for confirmation.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #31
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

And as for classic vs. new unis... well, the Seahawks have nice new unis, but they have nice colors to go with too (not the ugly neon green, but Nike used that properly as an accent rather than a primary color) and Nike didn't go overboard with those.

I just don't like the palette the Jags have to work with. I hate gold, teal is situational, and black is okay. But the helmet looks like crap, though the black jersey is actually pretty decent (teal being an accent instead of a primary color)
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #32
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Definately a 2 tone helmet as seen in the NFL uniforms leak photo. I don't like the Dolphins either. They should have stuck with the aqua blue facemask and from this photo is looks like they took the orange away from the helmet stripe. The logo is pretty lame also. I see a lot of Dolphins stuff on cars around here, I wonder how many are going to be updating to the new logo.

Old 04-24-2013   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Definately a 2 tone helmet as seen in the NFL uniforms leak photo.
I may be having a brain fart but are there any teams that have two different color helmets, by that I mean two separate helmets, which they swap out with their uniforms?
Old 04-24-2013   #34
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I may be having a brain fart but are there any teams that have two different color helmets, by that I mean two separate helmets, which they swap out with their uniforms?
Only with their throwbacks, I think.
Old 04-24-2013   #35
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:

OK, so after reading you guys' posts...and going back and looking at the photo again...I can now see that in this photo it DOES fade to black just in front of the jaguar's mouth.

My bad. I had thought that the darkness in that area was just lack of lighting.

That's pretty much a fugly design. I'm in the wrong business...I should be re-designing football helmet paint/design schemes. I don't know how this stuff gets past all levels of decision making in an NFL organization. At some point, shouldn't someone, somewhere, stand up and say "We can't fade a gold color to a black on the helmet. One or the other, but not both."???

Sheesh.
Hey, I was the same way at first. I saw that picture and thought the helmet was completely gold. But someone told me to take a closer look and... yeah. That's fail.
Old 04-24-2013   #36
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's some more shots of it:

Old 04-24-2013   #37
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

It looks like somebody just took a yellow spray-paint can to a black helmet.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #38
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Horrible .. if you are going to do a 2 tone have the gold in front and the black in back. That way you can say the Jag is coming out of the shadows. The way it is now you can just say the Jag is fading into the darkness (which is appropriate).

They could have went with the gold with black jaguar spots (ala Bengals) and keep the logo where it is.
Old 04-24-2013   #39
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The new unis themselves are not bad, but the helmet is hideous. It looks bush league, and like Hookem mentioned, I'm surprised it was approved by the NFL.
Old 04-24-2013   #40
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This is awful. Worst uniforms in the NFL without any doubt in my opinion.

Arena ball uniform.
In my opinion, the Titans have the ugliest uniforms in the NFL

Also, for the record, I really hate the Dolphins new logo and uniform.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read