Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-22-2013   #1701
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Send it to me.

4 picks remain in the draft!

45 251 Cincinnati - Corrosion -
46 252 San Francisco - WolverineFan -
47 253 New York Giants - htownfan32 -
48 254 Indianapolis - Rey -
I've got the pick also and will be in the office until around noon.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #1702
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 251st pick in the NFL Mock Draft the Cincinatti Bengals select Lucas Reed TE, Arizona.
Old 04-22-2013   #1703
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Wit the 252nd pick in the NFL Mock Draft the San Francisco 49ers select Ray Polk, S, Colorado.

2 picks left
Old 04-22-2013   #1704
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
With the 251st pick in the NFL Mock Draft the Cincinatti Bengals select Lucas Reed TE, Arizona.
I think he'd be a very good late round pick for the Texans. He didn't get used much in college but New Mexico's passing game was a hot mess this season. His numbers, athleticism, and the fact his brother is on the team tells me that he's worth the minimal risk.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #1705
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

With their final pick of the TT Member mock draft, the NYG select...

David Bass, DE, Missouri Western State

Good value at this point and having extra pass rushers with the departure of Umenyiora never hurts.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #1706
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

And now for Mr. Irrelevant.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #1707
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
With their final pick of the TT Member mock draft, the NYG select...

David Bass, DE, Missouri Western State

Good value at this point and having extra pass rushers with the departure of Umenyiora never hurts.
He was already drafted by the Raiders.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #1708
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
He was already drafted by the Raiders.
Are you sure? I did ctrl+f in the selections thread for both his name and to look at all of Oakland's picks. He's the only David Bass there...
Old 04-22-2013   #1709
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

The Raiders draft:

Sharrif Floyd
EJ Manuel
Christine Michael
Keith Pough
Devonte Holloman
Zeke Motta
Onterio McCalebb
Old 04-22-2013   #1710
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Will make my pick in a sec.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #1711
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm on my phone, so it's hard to see who's been taken...

That said, with the final pick of the draft the colts select WR Rodney Smith, Florida state. 6'5" 225 lbs, 4.43 forty. Good athleticism, good body control. Will contribute a bit for the colts immediately and will be this years Marques colston.

Might be a good player for the texans to consider late in the actual draft.
Old 04-22-2013   #1712
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Are you sure? I did ctrl+f in the selections thread for both his name and to look at all of Oakland's picks. He's the only David Bass there...
That's my bad that pick was changed. He was picked, but Oakland GM changed the pick. That's what messed me up.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #1713
Rey
Hall of Fame

Colts picks:

1) Desmond Trufant, CB
3) David Quessenberry, OL
4) Sean porter, LB
6) Vinson Painter, OL
7) Corey Fuller, WR
7) Rodney Smith, WR
Old 04-22-2013   #1714
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Dolphins draft:

1. Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
2a. Cornelius "Tank" Carradine, DE, Florida State
2b. Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
3a. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
3b. Dallas Thomas, OT/OG, Tennessee
4. Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
5a. Tavarres King, WR, Georgia
5b. Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
7a. Dalton Freeman, C/OG, Clemson
7b. Philip Lutzenkirchen, TE , Auburn
7c. Brandon Ford, TE, Clemson

I had fun with this one. The Dolphins have so many needs and so many draft picks to fill them with. They will likely end up trading one of their second rounders for OT Albert or sign Winston if that trade fails.

They need to upgrade their pass rush and DE rotation desperately. Werner and Carradine are good additions. Wilson and Slay are also good prospects at corner to replace the loss of Smith and Davis. I like the offensive lineman I was able to get. Both guys add depth to the interior of the line. Thomas may actually end up at LT.

It might seem odd to take 3 TEs but Miami needs both blocking and receiving TEs. Kelce could be an everydown starter, along with Dustin Keller. Lutzenkirchen and Ford were both solid college TEs. I wanted to completely change their TE group.

Andre Ellington should contribute some right away after the Dolphins lost Reggie Bush. Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas will fight for that starting job. Tavarres King is a nice little 5th round receiver to add to a weak group.

I wish I could have done better at OT and at WR, but I didn't want to reach for a OT when I was pretty sure the Dolphins would go after a vet.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #1715
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

I just wanted to thank everybody who participated in this yrs TT Mock Draft. I appreciate the time that some of the best and brightest mockers spent to make this yrs mock a success. Very few MB's have members that will contribute to a full 7 rd mock.

I hope it was as much fun for y'all as it was for me. This mock helps give the entire MB a sense of where certain players should be valued. It is a guide for people who dont follow the draft as closely as we do.

I would like to give a special thanks to 76, Dutch and Blake for helping me with this. Without them I doubt the draft would've been a success. As work has become hectic.

Hope everybody had a good time and will continue to participate next yr.

Thanks

Jay
Old 04-22-2013   #1716
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Dolphins draft:

1. Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
2a. Cornelius "Tank" Carradine, DE, Florida State
2b. Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
3a. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
3b. Dallas Thomas, OT/OG, Tennessee
4. Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
5a. Tavarres King, WR, Georgia
5b. Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
7a. Dalton Freeman, C/OG, Clemson
7b. Philip Lutzenkirchen, TE , Auburn
7c. Brandon Ford, TE, Clemson

I had fun with this one. The Dolphins have so many needs and so many draft picks to fill them with. They will likely end up trading one of their second rounders for OT Albert or sign Winston if that falls through.

They need to upgrade their pass rush and DE rotation desperately. Werner and Carradine are good additions. Wilson and Slay are also good prospects at corner to replace the loss of Smith and Davis. I like the offensive lineman I was able to get. Both guys add depth to the interior of the line. Thomas may actually end up at LT.

It might seem odd to take 3 TEs but Miami needs both blocking and receiving TEs. Kelce could be an everydown starter, along with Dustin Keller. Lutzenkirchen and Ford were both solid college TEs. I wanted to completely change their TE group.

Andre Ellington should contribute some right away after the Dolphins lost Reggie Bush. Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas will fight for that starting job. Tavarres King is a nice little 5th round receiver to add to a weak group.

I wish I could have done better at OT and at WR, but I didn't want to reach for a OT when I was pretty sure the Dolphins would go after a vet.
That right there is a great draft. 7-8 contributors as rookies, Ireland can only hope to do that well. Kelce/King/Ellington/Lutzenkirchen all have a chance to contribute in varying degrees as rookies. That's quite a haul for that late in the draft.
Old 04-22-2013   #1717
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I just wanted to thank everybody who participated in this yrs TT Mock Draft. I appreciate the time that some of the best and brightest mockers spent to make this yrs mock a success. Very few MB's have members that will contribute to a full 7 rd mock.

I hope it was as much fun for y'all as it was for me. This mock helps give the entire MB a sense of where certain players should be valued. It is a guide for people who dont follow the draft as closely as we do.

I would like to give a special thanks to 76, Dutch and Blake for helping me with this. Without them I doubt the draft would've been a success. As work has become hectic.

Hope everybody had a good time and will continue to participate next yr.

Thanks

Jay
Seconded. I can't believe we actually made it through all the picks! Pretty cool, as I don't think that has happened before. Usually things die out around the 5th-6th round. Anyways, thanks everyone for participating and keeping it moving along. Enjoy the real draft on Thursday night!
Old 04-22-2013   #1718
Rey
Hall of Fame

^^

Thirded...

Thanks to 76, dutch and steel. And also everyone else that participated and helped along the way.

Tried to rep you guys, but I must spread it around.
Old 04-23-2013   #1719
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
^^

Thirded...

Thanks to 76, dutch and steel. And also everyone else that participated and helped along the way.

Tried to rep you guys, but I must spread it around.

4th'd!

Yeah , thanks for all the effort that went into this exercise. Happy to have participated for the first time since we moved to this site.

I think we learned quite a bit about some players as well as the perception of specific positions and how we +/- value them.

It''ll be interesting to see if the NFL GM's look at those positions (WR , DT , ILB , OLB and RT) they way many uf us seem to , some of which I believe is fueled by the Texans needs almost as much as the needs of those other teams.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #1720
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm on my phone, so it's hard to see who's been taken...

That said, with the final pick of the draft the colts select WR Rodney Smith, Florida state. 6'5" 225 lbs, 4.43 forty. Good athleticism, good body control. Will contribute a bit for the colts immediately and will be this years Marques colston.

Might be a good player for the texans to consider late in the actual draft.
I signed him as a UDFA

Wth am I gunna do now?

Good job SteelB and 76
Enjoyed it
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read