Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-22-2013   #21
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay Bucaneers

13th overall plus a third-round pick next year for a healthy Durrel Revis ? OK I buy that, but there's such uncertainty with his knee (since he's a CB he's got to run real fast forwards and backwards), and he's 28 when they KO in September.
I dunno if the Jets or the Bucs got the best of this deal ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #22
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Jets won this one. I know the Bucs were desperate for some help in the secondary, but I don't think Revis is worth Mario Williams money. They do have a lot of capspace to spend, but I think it could have been spent elsewhere more effectively. I doubt they keep Revis for more than 2 years, but they might be able to trade him for some picks too. Doesn't matter though, the Bucs won't be able to topple the Falcons in that division anyways, Tom Brady is the real winner of this trade.
Old 04-22-2013   #23
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Poor little Rex! Being used to fill in as coach while the new FO purges and rebuilds the roster.

They'll be drafting top 5 next year
Old 04-22-2013   #24
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario Williams is not worth Mario Williams money.

Old 04-22-2013   #25
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think the Jets won this one. I know the Bucs were desperate for some help in the secondary, but I don't think Revis is worth Mario Williams money. They do have a lot of capspace to spend, but I think it could have been spent elsewhere more effectively. I doubt they keep Revis for more than 2 years, but they might be able to trade him for some picks too. Doesn't matter though, the Bucs won't be able to topple the Falcons in that division anyways, Tom Brady is the real winner of this trade.
You should have said that Mario Williams is not worth Revis money. Revis is a LOT more valuable than Mario will ever be.

I don't see how the Jets won this. Of course no one will really be able to say until 2 or 3 years from now. Chances are whomever they select with the 13th pick is not going to be near the player Revis is (assuming he comes back strong from his injury).

If Revis doesn't pan out then the Bucs lost a 1st and 4th. Considering the number of 1st round busts there are each season I think it's worth the gamble to land whom some think is the best defensive player in the league.

None of the contract is guaranteed so there is no cap risk if he doesn't pan out.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
You should have said that Mario Williams is not worth Revis money. Revis is a LOT more valuable than Mario will ever be.
Eh, Mario did it first. Next QB to sign a 120m dollar contract will be making Joe Flacco money. Nothin to do with their talent.

Quote:
I don't see how the Jets won this. Of course no one will really be able to say until 2 or 3 years from now. Chances are whomever they select with the 13th pick is not going to be near the player Revis is (assuming he comes back strong from his injury).
Well, the Jets are moving into a multi-year rebuilding phase. This year they cut a lot of older, high paid players, and next year Sanchez will be out. Revis wanted a huge contract that they didn't want to pay for, so they get a 1st round pick at 13, and a 3rd next year. I don't think they could have done much better than that given the circumstances, an ACL tear on a player who relies on quickness and making cuts is not something to toy with. Revis could come back and only be 75% the CB he was, but no matter how he does the Jets just got more pieces to help them win in 2015 and beyond.

Quote:
If Revis doesn't pan out then the Bucs lost a 1st and 4th. Considering the number of 1st round busts there are each season I think it's worth the gamble to land whom some think is the best defensive player in the league.
Well if your team sucks at drafting then I guess it could be better to risk in trade rather than the draft. Personally I would rather have the 13th pick and capspace to spend on non-injured players.

Quote:
None of the contract is guaranteed so there is no cap risk if he doesn't pan out.
That certainly works in the Buc's favor, but the fact is they just gave up their 13th pick in this draft hoping that Revis will be the guy he was. That's a huge risk in itself, when they could have taken a CB at 13 for much cheaper over 4 years. The Bucs are flush with capspace, so I wouldn't worry too much about that, but they could have spent more to acquire some free agents this offseason if they actually believe they have a shot at a Super Bowl.
Old 04-22-2013   #27
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Revis' coverage ability has as much to do with his reach and upper body strength as anything else. His ability to control guys off a jam is incredible. I don't know how fast he is/was/will be but he should be able to cover for a long time because he doesn't rely a ton on speed.
I am no expert on Revis but saw this on some other board.

Who knows how this will turn out, however right now Jets fans are not happy and Bucs fans are celebrating. Only time will tell.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #28
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Heard Jets offered Sanchez and $5,000,000 as part of the trade and Bucs told them they could keep their money and their butt-fumbler.
No seriously, **** you man!!!
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #29
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
No seriously, **** you man!!!
So ummm, wtf is your problem with Playoffs?
Old 04-22-2013   #30
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
So ummm, wtf is your problem with Playoffs?
Playoffs was making a swipe at Asidd over the whole "my sources say Ed Reed...." rumors that turned out to be some other dude making stuff up. Remember?

Asidd was coming here and repeating stuff that was flawed and/or total bunk. Playoffs in this thread made reference to it, so I think Asidd is either half-joking or pretty angry at him for the jab.

Just my best speculative answer on the situation.
Old 04-22-2013   #31
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Playoffs was making a swipe at Asidd over the whole "my sources say Ed Reed...." rumors that turned out to be some other dude making stuff up. Remember?

Asidd was coming here and repeating stuff that was flawed and/or total bunk. Playoffs in this thread made reference to it, so I think Asidd is either half-joking or pretty angry at him for the jab.

Just my best speculative answer on the situation.
Yeah, I kind of figured, but this guy has been saying crap to Playoffs a lot today. Check his recent posts.
Old 04-22-2013   #32
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoffs, we talking about playoffs?!!?!??!
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read