Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-19-2013   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Texans trade up; your scenario?

If you were the Texans & you were thinking about moving up, what's your thought process?

Is there one or two guys you have to have, then if one of them is gone you get on the phone & do what you gotta do to get your guy?

Do you have a range; if so & so is there past...... 10, we're going to get him.

Or is it absolutely out of the question; too many guys to be had in the 2nd & 3rd & your MO is to drop back & acquire more picks, especially for next year?
Old 04-19-2013   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Too many. I wouldn't trade up. I think the quality and the quantity are fairly close in this draft: outside of the 2 LTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans trade up; your scenario?

Just my preference, but if Dion Jordan dropped a bit I'd move up to get him. Love his game. I remember back when I first started looking at the prospects and he was rated as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I predicted he'd rise up draft boards...I've seen him mocked as high as #2 overall....

Same thing happened with Bruce Irvin last year. Another guy I really wanted that started off lower ranked. But Jordan is a much better player overall than Irvin is. Not even close.

If I'm the Texans, he's a guy I'd move up for. I think in this defense he would be dominant.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #4
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Just my preference, but if Dion Jordan dropped a bit I'd move up to get him. Love his game. I remember back when I first started looking at the prospects and he was rated as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I predicted he'd rise up draft boards...I've seen him mocked as high as #2 overall....

Same thing happened with Bruce Irvin last year. Another guy I really wanted that started off lower ranked. But Jordan is a much better player overall than Irvin is. Not even close.

If I'm the Texans, he's a guy I'd move up for. I think in this defense he would be dominant.
Yeh I don't think there is any chance of him falling but you never know. Star Latui and Sheldon Richardson are two players I would seriously consider moving up for. If either are there at 15 or later I'm at the very least kicking the tires
Old 04-20-2013   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rey and Mussop mentioned the only guys that are on my list of being worth trading up for, Dion Jordan, Star Lotulelei, and Sheldon Richardson. Of course trading up is all dependent on how high to trade up and what the cost is, cause trading up can get expensive quick. I seriously doubt it happens but if any one of these guys falls to the 17ish range then Rick should be on the phone testing the waters and finding out the cost.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just for my edumacation, what do you guys think it would it take to move up to 15 or 10?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Just for my edumacation, what do you guys think it would it take to move up to 15 or 10?
http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnes...l-draft-trades

If we look at those scenario, I would venture to say that to move up to the 15th spot will probably cost us our first, second, and either a third or a fourth.

We will probably need to add another player to move up to 10 (probably first, second, third, and fourth.)

Too costly, and therefore, doubtful that it will happen.
When our roster has solid depth, we can do it (it would help with cap space - I won't get into that though; too complicated.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-20-2013   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

There arent many scenario's where I would trade up - any of the prospects I'd be willing to consider moving up for would be in the top 10-12 and would likely have too great a cost in doing so.

Looking at this draft from pick 20-60 or so , there isnt a lot of seperation in talent. I'd likely be more inclined to make a move back from 27 than to move up.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

No trade up for me.

I'm expecting 2008 redux for OTs in first round, with teams scuffling to move up for one.

Hopefully other teams realize how important the QB position is and we see 4/5 QBs drafted before 27.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #10
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

But trade up for who ? Who's the target, the player the Texans would find so appealing that they'd give an xtra pick for along with their 27th overall ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #11
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125703 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Star and Cordelle pat would be my targets if they slipped to 15 or beyond but I dont see that happening and much prefer a trade back instead.
Old 04-20-2013   #12
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

only player i would trade up for is sheldon richardson guy is going to be a BEAST!

but i would rather sit still or move back then trade up
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013   #13
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

No reason to trade up. Take BPA in the first round, then fill needs in the rest of the rounds.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013   #14
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't trade up this year. Maybe next year but this class is full of positions that aren't top priority.
Old 04-21-2013   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Wouldn't trade up this year. Maybe next year but this class is full of positions that aren't top priority.
I'm thinking next year will be a good year to jump up for a QB?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Just my preference, but if Dion Jordan dropped a bit I'd move up to get him.
So what are you thinking? 12? If he drops past the 12th pick? the 18th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Too costly, and therefore, doubtful that it will happen.
When our roster has solid depth, we can do it (it would help with cap space - I won't get into that though; too complicated.)
& I look at it totally different. We've got nothing but depth. Newton, Wade, Jones, LeStar, KeShawn, Brooks, Mercilus, Mitchell, Dobbins, Sharpton....

We need to get some starters up in har.
Old 04-21-2013   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

When I talk about solid depth, I mean there's a starter ahead of the depth.

You only give up several draft choices to get a really good players only when you don't have just one or two question marks at the starting position.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read