Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-19-2013   #81
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans 2013 Schedule Thread

Quote:
Prediction: After blowing it last season, the Texans wrap up home-field advantage.

Record: 13-3
John McClain - Texans to open 2013 season on Monday Night Football

Losses: @Bal, @SF, @Indy

I think we drop 2 more. I don't like 3 prime time away games again. I wish the Thursday night game was right after the bye.
Old 04-19-2013   #82
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122349 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post

I think we drop 2 more. I don't like 3 prime time away games again. I wish the Thursday night game was right after the bye.
Still, 11-5 is acceptable.

We could win @ Baltimore. The Ravens are not the team everyone thinks they are. @SF... we don't do well against mobile QBs. Think Cam Newton, Christian Ponder, etc.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013   #83
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Just going to be honest here.

When I look at that schedule I can't help but think that this will be Kubiak's and maybe schaub's last year as texans.
It's hard to say, McNair's got PatienceBalls the size of cannonballs. So who knows.

I know it's a .47xx schedule, but I don't like That Baltimore, SanFran, Seattle thing & I don't think the Rams are going to be a push over.

Then I'm scared of the Jacksonville, NewEngland, Jacksonville, Indy, Broncos, Titans thing to end the season. All December games. I doubt we'll go into December with 9 wins, much less 10.

Jacksonville, Dec 1st..... New England, Dec 5th... WTF?? I'd be surprised if we win 2 of the last 4.
Old 04-19-2013   #84
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It's hard to say, McNair's got PatienceBalls the size of cannonballs. So who knows.

I know it's a .47xx schedule, but I don't like That Baltimore, SanFran, Seattle thing & I don't think the Rams are going to be a push over.

Then I'm scared of the Jacksonville, NewEngland, Jacksonville, Indy, Broncos, Titans thing to end the season. All December games. I doubt we'll go into December with 9 wins, much less 10.

Jacksonville, Dec 1st..... New England, Dec 5th... WTF?? I'd be surprised if we win 2 of the last 4.
I keep forgetting we have Ed Reed....

I think he's going to do more to have the team prepared in important games than Kubiak ever did.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013   #85
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post

We could win @ Baltimore. The Ravens are not the team everyone thinks they are. @SF... we don't do well against mobile QBs. Think Cam Newton, Christian Ponder, etc.
Thanks for reminding me of that game. That was a rough game to watch. Shut AP down and allow a below average QB to beat us. A real shot to the man-bag, for sure
Old 04-19-2013   #86
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29606 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

We tend to fold like lawn chairs on prime time. I hope that's not the case with the upcoming season, but, our history is our history. Trying to think positive, but...
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013   #87
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Thanks for reminding me of that game. That was a rough game to watch. Shut AP down and allow a below average QB to beat us. A real shot to the man-bag, for sure
This is where a guy like Cushing can help.
Wade was so set in containing these guys on the edges, he let them up the middle to make plays from time to time.
We need somebody with a presence in the middle to lay down the law.
One hit and they will think twice.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013   #88
bobbeaux
Rookie

Rep Power: 595 bobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i believe we'll take the ravens too . . . 12-4 is very feasible . . .
bobbeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013   #89
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122349 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
That's why I'm worried about Russell Wilson.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013   #90
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
That schedule looks like 8-8 or maybe 9-7 at best.

Opening on the road at what amounts to a 9:30 pm start for our guys, and it being primetime, has "L" written all over it.

Will win the next game.

Then three games in a row that are a bit scary.

Could be looking at a potential for 1-4 or 2-3 or 3-2 after the first 5 games are played. That's going to rattle a team that ended its season in New England looking like Gary's squad from his first couple of years here.

I'll say 3-2 would be a satisfactory scenario heading into week 6. Trying to stay positive, but I mean gosh...last year at this time we looked at our 2012 schedule and a lot of us nailed the predictions fairly quickly...and we ended up doing pretty much what a lot of us said we'd do. This year? No like at all.

That schedule looks rough the way it's stacked on home vs. road games and then the 3-straight games early on vs. really tough competition. Factor in that our final four games have 3 away games, ouchie.

Yes last year everyone on here had us starting 11-1
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013   #91
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
That's why I'm worried about Russell Wilson.
I'm sure Russell Wilson has a few things to worry about himself. Just like Cam (Superman) Newton did. Just like Vince did, Just like Bruce Gradkowski, Just like Suan King, Just like Aaron Brooks, & a lot of other flash in the pans.

It's easy to shock everyone when no one knows who you are. Much different than when they're studying your game for weeks.

It's also difficult for people who had been successful in the past, to maintain that success. Instead of just being who they are, they try to be who they were last year, or the year before.

I'm not saying Russell Wilson is nothing to worry about, just saying he's nothing to worry about yet. We've got JjWatt, Brian Cushing, Jjo, Kjax, DMann, & Ed fk'n Reed to make things especially hard for him 12 noon @ Reliant on Sept 29.
Old 04-19-2013   #92
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Yes last year everyone on here had us starting 11-1
Last year, people thought we'd be 11-5 or 12-4, maybe even 13-3.

As the year wore on, the predictions looked spot-on.

I don't see the same optimism this time around. I was one touting we'd have a really nice record when the 2012 schedule rolled out, this time around with what I've seen of last year's patterns...not so much.

1.) Opening game is a trouble spot

2.) Second game is doable

3.) Next three games are definitely tough

4.) Our primetime games are always a bit shaky

5.) Late-season skid and inability to close out HFA by beating the Colts? Yep.

Gary Kubiak and Matt Schaub have to do some very special things in 2013 in order for us to retain the AFC South and improve our playoff record.
Old 04-19-2013   #93
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

9-7

And a 'hello' to the schedule maker.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013   #94
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

in the NFL every game is tough but I said that last year and some games it seemed we breezed through

Dolphins
Ravens
vs Tenn

and some games we tougher then what we thought

@ lions
vs Jags
@ jets

even the bills were a scrappy team that was in the game in the 4th qtr

so I don't know anymore !!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #95
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 7186 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post

I think anywhere from 10-6 to 13-3 is a legitimate prediction.

To me it comes down to staying relatively healthy. If our best players are healthy come playoff time, we'll be in good shape.

Don't think everyone fully realizes what effect the loss of Cushing had last year. It's hard to lose your team MVP from the previous year and win it all. Still, we finished 12-4 and made the divisional round. Not what everyone wanted, but still darn good. I think this year will be even better.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #96
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45123 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Just going to be honest here.

When I look at that schedule I can't help but think that this will be Kubiak's and maybe schaub's last year as texans.
If Matt struggles, and Gary keeps status-quot and leaves him in and/or keeps starting him, then you may be correct. If Schaub can do his best Trent Dilfer imitation this year then they both may be ok for the time being.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #97
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23831 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
9-7

And a 'hello' to the schedule maker.

We should actually be thanking him because we were supposed to play Seattle away since we played them at home in 2009.
Old 04-20-2013   #98
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
If Matt struggles, and Gary keeps status-quot and leaves him in and/or keeps starting him, then you may be correct. If Schaub can do his best Trent Dilfer imitation this year then they both may be ok for the time being.
This is getting ridiculous. Schaub sucking would have him looking like Dilfer. The only thing Dilfer comes close to beating Schaub in is wiping Schaub out with 49 more INT's in approximately the same number of attempts.
Old 04-20-2013   #99
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45123 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This is getting ridiculous. Schaub sucking would have him looking like Dilfer. The only thing Dilfer comes close to beating Schaub in is wiping Schaub out with 49 more INT's in approximately the same number of attempts.
What I meant was his SuperBowl year. The last sentence below says it all.

From WiKi:
Quote:
Baltimore Ravens

Dilfer signed with the Ravens on March 8, 2000 and became the backup for Tony Banks. After two straight losses and four straight weeks without an offensive touchdown, the Ravens replaced Banks with Dilfer. The Ravens would lose their third straight game and fail to score a touchdown for the fifth straight week. It would be the last time the Ravens would lose a game that season, or go without a touchdown. The Ravens finished the season winning seven straight to earn a wild card berth at 12-4. The 7-1 run also gave Dilfer a 45-39 record as a starter at that point.

In the playoffs, Dilfer went 3-0, and the Ravens advanced to Super Bowl XXXV in Tampa, Florida to meet the New York Giants. Halfway through the first quarter he connected with Brandon Stokley on a deep post for a 38-yard touchdown, badly beating Jason Sehorn. A third down 44-yard pass to Qadry Ismail would set up a field goal before halftime, to give Baltimore a 10-0 lead. The Ravens eventually won 34-7. Dilfer's game stats were 12 completions for 153 yards and 1 TD. Dilfer was described as a game manager quarterback for the Ravens that season: He "wasn't elite, but he didn't make costly mistakes, and was supported by a dominant defense."
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013   #100
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
What I meant was his SuperBowl year. The last sentence below says it all.

From WiKi:
Yeah and the last sentence is just plain goofy. Dilfer threw 11 INT's in 8 games. Schaub had 12 INT's in 16 last year.

Tell me when the Texans have a D that can play four playoff games and hold their opponents to a total of 23 points.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read