Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-18-2013   #61
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans 2013 Schedule Thread

Wrote a brief blog on it. Take a look if you want!

http://houstontexanfansr.blogspot.co...-schedule.html

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #62
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Some home prime time games would be nice. Was hoping for a Sunday and Monday night at home. Instead only 1 of 4 prime time games at home after only 1 of 5 at home last year. Although NE on Dec 1 and Den on Dec 22 could be Sunday night flex candidates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
No please. Playing the Pats in the afternoon then head to Jacksonville for a Thurday game is bad enough.
I guess I need to delete everything and just quote the Dec 1 vs NE part.

Sorry for the confusion.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #63
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

As to flying to Jax on a Wed after a home game that is 3 or even 7 hours later ... it's the Jags for crying out loud. Every other team hitting the road for a Thur game has a tougher match even if they have their bye the week before. I think the Ravens played Sun night at home then hit the road on Thur this last season. If the Texans season this year ends like rhe Ravens last year - I am good with that.
The Ravens played at home on Sunday then played at home the next Thursday against the Browns.
Old 04-18-2013   #64
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

The schedule doesn't look too bad. Weeks 3-5 look tough, but besides that it seems like a very reasonable schedule. Of course, that's just on paper. Some of these games will be tougher than anticipated while some won't. I just want the season to get here already!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #65
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 30145 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess I need to delete everything and just quote the Dec 1 vs NE part.

Sorry for the confusion.
The delete out is good with a short reply. Else a longer answer. But hey, its just a football MB - no problem.

Quote:
The Ravens played at home on Sunday then played at home the next Thursday against the Browns.
They were home against the Browns? Then we can be tougher than the Ravens! (If we can hold up against the mighty Jags.)
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #66
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
The schedule doesn't look too bad. Weeks 3-5 look tough, but besides that it seems like a very reasonable schedule. Of course, that's just on paper. Some of these games will be tougher than anticipated while some won't. I just want the season to get here already!
The Ravens could have between 8 to 13 new players in their rotation (not all are starters)... Hopefully, they have yet to gel as a team early in the season. ???
Old 04-18-2013   #67
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Ravens could have between 8 to 13 new players in their rotation (not all are starters)... Hopefully, they have yet to gel as a team early in the season. ???
Hopefully that's the case, but you can never discount them. The Rams could be a good team this year. They're improving under Jeff Fisher, so that may be a tough game. Same thing with KC. I don't think they'll be playoff contenders, but they're much more talented than last year's record shows. Schedules are fun to look at since the season is still months away, but an easy schedule now may ultimately be a hard one once the season starts and vice versa.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #68
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The delete out is good with a short reply. Else a longer answer. But hey, its just a football MB - no problem.

They were home against the Browns? Then we can be tougher than the Ravens! (If we can hold up against the mighty Jags.)
I'm on my IPhone. Sometimes I'm lazy because of the tiny keyboard.

At any rate, I just went through last year schedule and it didn't seem to make much difference. Teams that had to go on the road the following Thursday had a combined 7-7 or 7-8 record (I lost track a little toward the end.)

The Texans had one of those victories; the OT game against the Lions.

I'm sure the players had fun, LOL!
Old 04-18-2013   #69
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Hopefully that's the case, but you can never discount them. The Rams could be a good team this year. They're improving under Jeff Fisher, so that may be a tough game. Same thing with KC. I don't think they'll be playoff contenders, but they're much more talented than last year's record shows. Schedules are fun to look at since the season is still months away, but an easy schedule now may ultimately be a hard one once the season starts and vice versa.
I hear ya'; we don't take any team for granted.
I normally plan for at least a loss against some certain team that we're favored to win on paper.
Old 04-18-2013   #70
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be asleep before the end of that damn fricking Monday night opener. I HATE late games on a work night.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #71
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Damn. I don't want New England in December.

Also, am I the only one that's upset over the fact that we have to wait until 9:30 to watch the season opener??
Not only is at 9:30, but it's on Monday. That's a long wait. At least we can get a full day of watching every other game on Sunday.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #72
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As a regular tailgater I prefer prime time or at least 3 PM games. Rolling out of the rack at 7AM for the noon kickoffs isn't ideal. Except for Sept which is too hot later so noon is best then. Also prime time (even 3 PM) games are more electric and fun to attend.
Getting out that early gets you there ahead of all the people who don't like rolling out of the rack that early. Lot less hassle. And you get home much earlier as well.

Plus it's a drag waiting around for a 3:00 game much less a Sunday night or having to wait a whole extra day for a Monday nighter. I hate that. I don't like the wait even when they are on the road. That Monday night opener will be brutal. Waiting and waiting and waiting....

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #73
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Just going to be honest here.

When I look at that schedule I can't help but think that this will be Kubiak's and maybe schaub's last year as texans.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #74
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Some home prime time games would be nice. Was hoping for a Sunday and Monday night at home. Instead only 1 of 4 prime time games at home after only 1 of 5 at home last year. Although NE on Dec 1 and Den on Dec 22 could be Sunday night flex candidates.
I thought that too, but I could also see CBS protecting those games. I think they have something along the lines of 5 games they can protect to keep from being moved to Sunday Night. Plus Denver and New England already have 5 primetime games. 3 teams are allowed 6 games so if either of them gets flexed another week they wouldn't be allowed to move. Looking at the weeks 11-16 schedules I would say that the NE-Hou and Den-Hou would be the highest profile CBS games if everyone stays at the top of their respective divisions. CBS won't give those up. Besides the week we play Denver New England visits Baltimore on NBC. I don't think the NBC would swap those games unless Baltimore just falls flat this year.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #75
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Just going to be honest here.

When I look at that schedule I can't help but think that this will be Kubiak's and maybe schaub's last year as texans.
That statement is not Texans Worthy.

Turn in your letter jacket.
Old 04-19-2013   #76
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

That schedule looks like 8-8 or maybe 9-7 at best.

Opening on the road at what amounts to a 9:30 pm start for our guys, and it being primetime, has "L" written all over it.

Will win the next game.

Then three games in a row that are a bit scary.

Could be looking at a potential for 1-4 or 2-3 or 3-2 after the first 5 games are played. That's going to rattle a team that ended its season in New England looking like Gary's squad from his first couple of years here.

I'll say 3-2 would be a satisfactory scenario heading into week 6. Trying to stay positive, but I mean gosh...last year at this time we looked at our 2012 schedule and a lot of us nailed the predictions fairly quickly...and we ended up doing pretty much what a lot of us said we'd do. This year? No like at all.

That schedule looks rough the way it's stacked on home vs. road games and then the 3-straight games early on vs. really tough competition. Factor in that our final four games have 3 away games, ouchie.
Old 04-19-2013   #77
GP 
Go Texans!

Reactions to schedule:

and

Old 04-19-2013   #78
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Interesting that 3 of the last 4 are on the road against division foes.
That's real poor planning if you ask me.
Old 04-19-2013   #79
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89811 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

counting our tough games as automatic losses (trying to be pessimistic), i come up with at least 10 wins. i see 5-1 within the division because we get to play gabbert and locker 4 times. then predicting wins over chiefs, raiders, chargers, rams and cardinals. we'd have to melt down pretty badly to not win the division again, and even worse to miss the playoffs.
Old 04-19-2013   #80
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel confident we'll win the division again. How long we last in the playoffs is another matter entirely.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read