Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-18-2013   #41
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans 2013 Schedule Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Damn. I don't want New England in December.

Also, am I the only one that's upset over the fact that we have to wait until 9:30 to watch the season opener??
New England and Denver late will tell us where we're really at as a team. We need to win those games at home if we really are gonna be Super Bowl contenders.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #42
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Ouch - a potential 0-3 from weeks 3 to 5 - brutal early season stretch!

The opening two weeks should be very manageable though.
Old 04-18-2013   #43
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Damn. I don't want New England in December.

Also, am I the only one that's upset over the fact that we have to wait until 9:30 to watch the season opener??
Not me. That will be the away game I will attend this year.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #44
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 31579 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76texan View Post
sweet, 19-0 out of the gate.
fify
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #45
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 31579 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Some home prime time games would be nice. Was hoping for a Sunday and Monday night at home. Instead only 1 of 4 prime time games at home after only 1 of 5 at home last year. Although NE on Dec 1 and Den on Dec 22 could be Sunday night flex candidates.
Old 04-18-2013   #46
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Some home prime time games would be nice. Was hoping for a Sunday and Monday night at home. Instead only 1 of 4 prime time games at home after only 1 of 5 at home last year. Although NE on Dec 1 and Den on Dec 22 could be Sunday night flex candidates.
No please. Playing the Pats in the afternoon then head to Jacksonville for a Thurday game is bad enough.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #47
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The good thing is we don't really have a cold weather game.
The Indy game will be indoor.
Old 04-18-2013   #48
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

home and away spaced out pretty well untill the last 4 weeks with 3 out of 4 on the road but all 3 winable.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #49
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Only 1 home prime time game, lame but can't complain too much.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #50
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Schedule Release Date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
The events schedule at reliantpark.com may give some clues. I would put money on the Texans opening at home and hitting the road in week 2.
That's why I don't bet....much.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #51
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Only 1 home prime time game, lame but can't complain too much.
As a regular tailgater, I'd prefer zero prime time home games. Noon games are so much better.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #52
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As a regular tailgater, I'd prefer zero prime time home games. Noon games are so much better.
I prefer the excitement of a primetime game, as well as I am not much of a morning person...I would especially rather drinking in the afternoon/night compared to morning.

3:30 Patriots game is a good time.

As far as the schedule I am glad we play KC before the bye and Indy after.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #53
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

I see a 12-4 season. But of course, we haven't had a draft yet, so it's still super early.
Old 04-18-2013   #54
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Have a Thursday night game against the JAGS four days after late NE game.

Thats a tuff turn around.

DEC 1 vs NE 3:25pm
DEC 5 at JAGS 8:25
Old 04-18-2013   #55
Fred
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
No please. Playing the Pats in the afternoon then head to Jacksonville for a Thurday game is bad enough.
So you think playing 7 of 9 prime time games on the road is easier than playing more of them at home? I disagree. If you are a good team you will have a lot of prime time games - if you want minimal total prime timers then start Blaine Gabbert ar QB. I would rather have at least 30% of our prime time games at home.

Quote:
As a regular tailgater I prefer prime time or at least 3 PM games. Rolling out of the rack at 7AM for the noon kickoffs isn't ideal. Except for Sept which is too hot later so noon is best then. Also prime time (even 3 PM) games are more electric and fun to attend.
Old 04-18-2013   #56
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So you think playing 7 of 9 prime time games on the road is easier than playing more of them at home? I disagree. If you are a good team you will have a lot of prime time games - if you want minimal total prime timers then start Blaine Gabbert ar QB. I would rather have at least 30% of our prime time games at home.

I didn't say anything about that.
I specifically talked about the Dec 1 game against the Pats, which is already at home in the afternoon.

The next game at Jacksonville is a Thursday night game; that's not going to change. It would have nice if they can schedule for the away team (playing Thursday) to have the previous week off. But it is what it is.

What I meant is that I don't want to change the Dec 1 game to a night game, and then going on the road just a little over 3 days afterward. Actually, the team will probably have to fly out on Wednesday.
Old 04-18-2013   #57
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

when do individual tickets go on sale?
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #58
srrono
Hall of Fame

Nick Scurfield notes on schedule

Quote:
1. Texans schedule, Twitter-style: The Texans’ schedule in 140 characters or less: @ SD(MNF), TEN, @ BAL, SEA, @ SF(SNF), STL, @ KC, BYE, IND(SNF), @ ARI, OAK, JAC, NE, @ JAC(TNF), @ IND, DEN, @ TEN

2. West Coast opener: The Texans’ season opener at San Diego kicks off at 9:20 p.m. CT. If that seems unusually late, that’s because it is. It’s the latest kick and first West Coast Monday night game in team history. It’s also the first primetime opener for the Texans since their inaugural game against Dallas in 2002, which was a Sunday night game at Reliant Stadium. Accounting for an overnight flight and two-hour time change, the Texans likely won’t get back to Reliant Stadium after the game until Tuesday at 7 or 8 a.m.

3. Road opener: This will be just the second time in eight years under Gary Kubiak that the Texans open on the road. The only previous time was at Pittsburgh in 2008, a 38-17 loss.

4. 4 primetime, 1 at home: The Texans have four primetime games in 2013, a year after they had five nationally televised matchups (four in primetime, one on Thanksgiving Day). Just like in 2012, only one of their primetime games is at home (Indianapolis, Week 9).

5. Flex possibilities: The Texans’ home games against the New England Patriots (Week 13, 3:25 p.m. kickoff) and Denver Broncos (Week 16, noon) are prime candidates to be flexed into a later time slot. Flex scheduling begins in Week 11, which means the Texans’ games vs. Oakland (Week 11), vs. Jacksonville (Week 12), at Indianapolis (Week 15) and at Tennessee (Week 17) also could be moved.

6. Patriots part deux: The Texans also played the Patriots in Week 13 last season. They lost 42-14 to drop their record to 11-2, the start of a 1-3 skid that knocked them out of the top seed in the AFC. They lost 41-28 to New England in the Divisional Round of the playoffs. Both of those games were on the road; this time, the Texans get Tom Brady at Reliant Stadium.

7. Tough stretch 1: Weeks 3-5. The Texans have road games at both of last year’s Super Bowl participants (Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers) sandwiched around a home game against the Seattle Seahawks, who went 11-5 in 2012 and were a missed field goal away from playing in the NFC Championship Game.

8. Tough stretch 2: Weeks 13-17. The Texans finish the season with three of four games on the road against division opponents. The only home game in that stretch is against Peyton Manning and the Broncos, last year’s top seed in the AFC. The game before that stretch is against the Patriots.
Old 04-18-2013   #59
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Umm this schedule is bad. Tough way to open first five weeks. Well at least we have an elite qb to mange this
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #60
Fred
All Pro

Quote:
Some home prime time games would be nice.
Quote:
No please.
Quote:
I didn't say anything about that.
I specifically talked about the Dec 1 game against the Pats, which is already at home in the afternoon.

The next game at Jacksonville is a Thursday night game; that's not going to change. It would have nice if they can schedule for the away team (playing Thursday) to have the previous week off. But it is what it is.

What I meant is that I don't want to change the Dec 1 game to a night game, and then going on the road just a little over 3 days afterward. Actually, the team will probably have to fly out on Wednesday.
The essence of my original post and your reply are as above. If you "didn't say anything about my post then I am not sure why you quoted it. If your objection was to the side point of flexing only that one game you could have said that instead of no thanks to any home prime time games which you seemed to infer.

As to flying to Jax on a Wed after a home game that is 3 or even 7 hours later ... it's the Jags for crying out loud. Every other team hitting the road for a Thur game has a tougher match even if they have their bye the week before. I think the Ravens played Sun night at home then hit the road on Thur this last season. If the Texans season this year ends like rhe Ravens last year - I am good with that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read