Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-17-2013   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andrew Luck still plays Snake...

Quote:
It’s official—Andrew Luck has a burner.

After being brought on by the Indianapolis Colts as a backup for Andrew Luck, former Seahawks star Matt Hasselbeck tweeted out one of the star quarterback’s best-kept secrets—his cell phone

----------

In a day and age where people are becoming more and more dependent on their smart phones, it would appear Luck is taking the simple route—rocking a simple Samsung flip phone.

Whereas most young people spend time worrying whether or not their Wifi is “organic” and “Kindle-ing” their significant others, the Colts superstar is kicking it old school.

Is it a lame move on Luck’s part? Complete indifference? Or is it genius?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...r-a-cell-phone

I'm not going to lie...I like Andrew Luck....That may be blasphemy around here, but iiwii....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Andrew Luck still plays Snake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not going to lie...I like Andrew Luck....That may be blasphemy around here, but iiwii....
Local kid, smart enough to get an architecture degree at Stanford, great ball player, down to earth ....

Would have been OK with the Texans trading away half their draft and Matt Schaub to get him. But since he plays for the Colts, I hate him. The same way I hated Peyton Manning, or the Steelers when I was a kid. They're great, and I'm jealous.

Also, what is iiwii?
Old 04-17-2013   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Local kid, smart enough to get an architecture degree at Stanford, great ball player, down to earth ....

Would have been OK with the Texans trading away half their draft and Matt Schaub to get him. But since he plays for the Colts, I hate him. The same way I hated Peyton Manning, or the Steelers when I was a kid. They're great, and I'm jealous.

Also, what is iiwii?
iiwii - it is what it is
Old 04-17-2013   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
iiwii - it is what it is
Yeah...

Also, just a note about the phone...he got it when he was in 5th grade...I thought I held on to phones for a long time....

Man...
Old 04-17-2013   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah...

Also, just a note about the phone...he got it when he was in 5th grade...I thought I held on to phones for a long time....

Man...
That's pretty cool about the phone. Dude comes across as a real down-to-earth kinda' guy, which makes it that much harder to dislike the dude.

But, like eriadoc, I cannot 'like' him because he's probably going to own this division in the not-too-distant future, just like Peyton.

So like the guy as a fellow human, but dislike him in a football uni for obvious extremely biased reasons.
Old 04-17-2013   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm sorry I don't understand the "snake" reference. What's that mean?

Quote:
I tell you what, I am (and have been for a long time) a Peyton Manning fan. I like watching the game & it's because of guys like Peyton who play at a high level year in & year out.

I rooted for Addai to become the first running back to rush for 1000 yards in a season never having started a game. I thought it was a cool thing & he's from Texas.

I always liked the Edge. I thought the Colts did him dirty, but... looks like they knew something Arizona wishes they knew.

I've got nothing but respect for Freeney, Mathis, Bathea, & that LB they had with the BigHead.

I have no problem liking players of different teams, including teams that have owned my team. Heck, I like the Colts & hope that our organization can be as successful (in "recent" times) & can be run as well for as long.

I'm not much for hating people, but when I do it's usually not for something as trivial as which team they play for.
Old 04-17-2013   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm sorry I don't understand the "snake" reference. What's that mean?

I tell you what, I am (and have been for a long time) a Peyton Manning fan. I like watching the game & it's because of guys like Peyton who play at a high level year in & year out.

I rooted for Addai to become the first running back to rush for 1000 yards in a season never having started a game. I thought it was a cool thing & he's from Texas.

I always liked the Edge. I thought the Colts did him dirty, but... looks like they knew something Arizona wishes they knew.

I've got nothing but respect for Freeney, Mathis, Bathea, & that LB they had with the BigHead.

I have no problem liking players of different teams, including teams that have owned my team. Heck, I like the Colts & hope that our organization can be as successful (in "recent" times) & can be run as well for as long.

I'm not much for hating people, but when I do it's usually not for something as trivial as which team they play for.
Snake is a game that used to come standard on most of those old school phones like Luck has. It's a simple game. You can play it here: http://neave.com/snake/

And yeah I hear you on the Colts. I don't really dislike too many guys either...And although I do like Andrew Luck....I hope the Colts suck big donkey balls from now until oblivion...
Sponsored links
Old 04-17-2013   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I hope the Colts suck big donkey balls from now until oblivion...
I don't care if the Colts suck or not. I just hope that we're better. I'd rather the Colts get a wildcard than Baltimore or Pittsburgh, or the Jets......
Old 04-17-2013   #9
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44745 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

The **** is organic WiFi?
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh.... It's the new "baller lifestyle".

See stories about Alfred Morris who won't give up his "Bentley",

a 1991 Mazda 626.

Here's one story:

Alfred Morris won't give up his 'Bentley'

In all seriousness, I wish more professional athletes would adopt similar values. Granted they make a lot of money........ but for generally speaking very short periods of time.
Old 04-17-2013   #11
JPPT1974
Easter Bunnies

Rep Power: 864 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected

Alfred Morris really is a class act. Very modest and humble. And really a guy that will not give up his humble beginnings due to the fact of him now being pretty wealthy!
Old 04-17-2013   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
The **** is organic WiFi?
Dude...I'm about your age and I have no clue...

Wifi is wifi to me.
Old 04-17-2013   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that phone is now considered a deadly weapon in 27 states and in the territories of Guam and Puerto Rico hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I think that phone is now considered a deadly weapon in 27 states and in the territories of Guam and Puerto Rico hahaha
Why do you think that, Papalakos?
Old 04-17-2013   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Why do you think that, Papalakos?
Look at that back cover and how well it's stood up! Talk about taking/giving a beating. It's putting Nokia to shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #16
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87098 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's nothing. I hear Thorn makes his girlfriends send him naughty pics of themselves on an etch a sketch.
Old 04-17-2013   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

How interesting.

What kind of cellphones do other NFL Quarterbacks use?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't care if the Colts suck or not. I just hope that we're better. I'd rather the Colts get a wildcard than Baltimore or Pittsburgh, or the Jets......
That's ****ed up.

I won't name call, but man that's seriously *ahem* whatever-I-could-say-that-wouldn't-be-name-calling.

You don't ever EVER say you'd rather a divisional rival get a playoff spot than another team in a different division.

EVER.
Old 04-17-2013   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
That's nothing. I hear Thorn makes his girlfriends send him naughty pics of themselves on an etch a sketch.
No no no!

No, it would be on one of those impression boards made out of thousands of little metal nails that make a 3-D relief of your hand.

So Thorn could feel 'em up!
Old 04-18-2013   #20
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87098 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
How interesting.

What kind of cellphones do other NFL Quarterbacks use?
Dont know, but I'd bet VY probably has an ObamaPhone

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read