Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-16-2013   #21
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock 7.1: the planned last Doppelmock of the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I hear ya', but injury in two consecutive years scared me.
Are those freak injuries for Fisher?
I think so. Pateller tendons don't happen all the time. MCL is a more common injury but not as serious.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013   #22
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Question, trade point wise our 4th, 5th and 6th should equal a second rounder. Do you think Smith would do that if a player he like was there? If so, is there a team that might do that deal with us?
Smith has only traded up once: In 2011 he traded his third and fifth round selections for New England's 2nd rounder. That pick became Brandon Harris. In addition, he has traded picks for players(Matt Schaub for 2, 2nd rounders.)

Since he has done it before, he could do it again. With extra picks(extra 3rd and extra 6th) it is certainly possible he would trade up if he targeted a player in the 2nd. I would say a trade up is more likely if he trades out of the first round(picks up an extra 2nd and 3rd) and then packages the 3rd and 5th for another 2nd to have 3 2nd rounders. He could then use 2 of the 2nd rounders and then try to trade the third one for a first next year.

If I had to guess a team that would be willing to acquire additional lower picks, how about New England?

Old 04-16-2013   #23
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 25944 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
...Cooper Taylor again maybe a little high for my taste, because of medical, speed and the fact that he is somewhat of a tweener. If wade wants this type a player though he would be a good choice...
Your last sentence is a good qualifier - but medical? Surgery for Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome is something like 95% for complete recovery. He could have played the same year he had the surgery, but the coaches kept him out just to be certain. So he's had 2 1/2 years and played two full seasons since the surgery. This is not an issue.

Speed? What? He's too fast? He's faster than Vaccaro, Reid, Elam, Cyprien, Swearinger, Thomas, McDonald, Rambo...you get the point. He ran a 4.47! And his 3-cone and short shuttle was right there with all of them!

His size is what makes him so attractive as a prospect - he is not a mismatch against the big TE's and WR's. His big negative is that he played for a small school; but he showcased his athleticism and skills at the East-West Game practices, turning a few heads in the process.

His draft position is a real unknown, largely because the draft is so deep at this position. But late third-early forth is about right, with a reasonable chance that someone will take him earlier.

That's a good analysis of Taylor and the role he would play in Wade's defense. I've been on his bandwagon for some time now and I'm taking him at 3a.
Number19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013   #24
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Your last sentence is a good qualifier - but medical? Surgery for Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome is something like 95% for complete recovery. He could have played the same year he had the surgery, but the coaches kept him out just to be certain. So he's had 2 1/2 years and played two full seasons since the surgery. This is not an issue.

He made five tackles in four games in 2010, but saw limited action after an "injury." Taylor played in the season opener against South Carolina state, but didn't come out of the locker room after halftime with what head coach Paul Johnson called heat-related symptoms. Taylor said the heat-related illness wasn't caused by his heart condition, but played sparingly the rest of the season.

He says it wasn't caused by his heart condition but I would rather take the word of a doctor.

Speed? What? He's too fast? He's faster than Vaccaro, Reid, Elam, Cyprien, Swearinger, Thomas, McDonald, Rambo...you get the point. He ran a 4.47! And his 3-cone and short shuttle was right there with all of them!

I thought he ran in the late 4.6s.

His size is what makes him so attractive as a prospect - he is not a mismatch against the big TE's and WR's. His big negative is that he played for a small school; but he showcased his athleticism and skills at the East-West Game practices, turning a few heads in the process.

His draft position is a real unknown, largely because the draft is so deep at this position. But late third-early forth is about right, with a reasonable chance that someone will take him earlier.

That's a good analysis of Taylor and the role he would play in Wade's defense. I've been on his bandwagon for some time now and I'm taking him at 3a.
Comments in bold. He also had a broken hand at one point. That's not a big deal but the played sparingly part is
Old 04-16-2013   #25
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
Comments in bold. He also had a broken hand at one point. That's not a big deal but the played sparingly part is
According to the recent Richmond pro day cooper Taylor ran the 40 twice: 4.58 and 4.49. He ran faster than the projected 4.69 time. He is nearly 6'5(6'4'3/4) weighs 228lbs and runs a 4.49-4.58 40.

He may be a second rounder now.

Old 04-16-2013   #26
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 25944 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He made five tackles in four games in 2010, but saw limited action after an "injury." Taylor played in the season opener against South Carolina state, but didn't come out of the locker room after halftime with what head coach Paul Johnson called heat-related symptoms. Taylor said the heat-related illness wasn't caused by his heart condition, but played sparingly the rest of the season.

He says it wasn't caused by his heart condition but I would rather take the word of a doctor.

You're correct to correct me in that he played three full seasons, not two, since his surgery.

Here's the write up I have on his 2010 season, his last with Georgia Tech.
"By the next summer (2010) GT's secondary was overflowing with talent. Rod Sweeting had developed into a dominant corner while freshman Isaiah Johnson's premium athleticism and play making ability made him a favorite of his coaches. He slid in to Taylor's spot on the left side and never looked back. By the end of 2010, Taylor had played in just four games, collecting a meager five tackles."

As for his speed, I looked into it: NFL Draft Scout has 4.49; Draft Insiders has 4.47; CBS Sports says he ran twice at 4.49 & 4.58; Rotoworld/NBC Sports reports he ran a 4.45 & a 4.53. All these times are from his Pro Day, not the Combine. Must be hand timed.

I can find no report that says he is not medically cleared. The draft is a week and a half away. If there was news, it would be reported, you'd think.
Number19 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read