Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-14-2013   #101
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lance Zierlein Mock Draft 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
My bad; I did know about Kiffin when I looked things up some time ago; just slip my mind today.

I'll have some time tomorrow and we can revisit this.

Two things I know is that:
Jarrett and Williams, one guy had multiple DUI arrests and was cut, the other let his weight ballooned up to 270 lbs at one time.
Receivers are a different breed .that can go anywhere from AJ to TO . The great ones can focus to go along with their skills .

I think next to QBs , WR get blasted the most by defenders . RBs get hit a bunch but know that's just part of the job . A WR has to be able to focus knowing he's going to get smashed .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013   #102
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Receivers are a different breed .that can go anywhere from AJ to TO . The great ones can focus to go along with their skills .

I think next to QBs , WR get blasted the most by defenders . RBs get hit a bunch but know that's just part of the job . A WR has to be able to focus knowing he's going to get smashed .
Alright Earl, so I looked into Dooley's background a little bit.
It doesn't look like he had any track record with his receivers getting drafted into the NFL to speak of, so we can't judge these receivers (Hunter, Rodgers, and Patterson) on the program.

Now, if we take into account the post that playoff made in another thread, about all the problems these Vols players seem to have (including the QB Tyler Bray), we could put up a red flag and ask the questions as to why and what happened.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013   #103
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind seeing Eifert in a Texans uniform next season. It'll benefit a noodle armed QB like Schaub who throws floaters often. It'll give him a bigger target in the middle of the field. Eifer probably has a bigger catch radius than your run of the mill receiver and also he would give us that big target in the end zone.
Old 04-14-2013   #104
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Eifert in a Texans uniform next season. It'll benefit a noodle armed QB like Schaub who throws floaters often. It'll give him a bigger target in the middle of the field. Eifer probably has a bigger catch radius than your run of the mill receiver and also he would give us that big target in the end zone.
like a security blanket

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013   #105
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Do Curtis Conway an J.K. McKay qualify as productive USC WR's? LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013   #106
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Alright Earl, so I looked into Dooley's background a little bit.
It doesn't look like he had any track record with his receivers getting drafted into the NFL to speak of, so we can't judge these receivers (Hunter, Rodgers, and Patterson) on the program.

Now, if we take into account the post that playoff made in another thread, about all the problems these Vols players seem to have (including the QB Tyler Bray), we could put up a red flag and ask the questions as to why and what happened.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/_/position/wr

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013   #107
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I changes my mind. Just watched some clips of eifert and I'd be behind this pick.

Looks like a more consistent target than Most of the receivers I've seen.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013   #108
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I changes my mind. Just watched some clips of eifert and I'd be behind this pick.

Looks like a more consistent target than Most of the receivers I've seen.
Welcome to the dark side.
Old 04-15-2013   #109
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

If Posey had not torn his damn achilles Eifert would be getting much more love round here. If we do end up with Eifert, and Posey can come back 100%... its a win across the board.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013   #110
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans don't like to pay for this position. Owen signed @ discount following his acl. Dreessen was let go now Casey. I don't see it

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013   #111
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Texans don't like to pay for this position. Owen signed @ discount following his acl. Dreessen was let go now Casey. I don't see it
I can see it if they basically make him receiver #2...

He's not a homerun threat or a catch and run guy, but he can make big plays down the field...

I don't think it fits what Kubiak wants to do offensively, but if he was willing to change it up a little I could see it working.
Old 04-15-2013   #112
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can see it if they basically make him receiver #2...

He's not a homerun threat or a catch and run guy, but he can make big plays down the field...

I don't think it fits what Kubiak wants to do offensively, but if he was willing to change it up a little I could see it working.
A potential Shannon Sharpe?
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013   #113
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the idea of Eifert in round 1. Daniels is getting up there in age, and unfortunately, Graham, is getting his head hit around like a pinata. And dynamic tight ends are pretty dang valuable in this new NFL.

We still have ammo to move near the top of round 2 if a guy like Hunter, or Terrance Williams is there. Then we have our third rounder for a brand new ILB like Bostic.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013   #114
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
A potential Shannon Sharpe?
Let me clarify...

I didn't mean that eifert doesnt fit....I mean to say that I don't think kubiak wants to play without a field stretcher...

I'm not making a strong statement either way, but just thinking through out loud how the offense would look if eifert was drafted. Talent wise, he definitely looks worth the pick.
Old 04-16-2013   #115
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let me clarify...

I didn't mean that eifert doesnt fit....I mean to say that I don't think kubiak wants to play without a field stretcher...

I'm not making a strong statement either way, but just thinking through out loud how the offense would look if eifert was drafted. Talent wise, he definitely looks worth the pick.
When I first saw mocks of Eifert going to the Texans, I was incredulous. After kicking it around for a few days, it's starting to make sense. I think we can get a field stretcher in the 2nd.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013   #116
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Eifert a lot, but guys like Levine Toilolo or Joseph Fauria would bring much better value between the 5th and 7th round.
Old 04-16-2013   #117
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like Eifert a lot, but guys like Levine Toilolo or Joseph Fauria would bring much better value between the 5th and 7th round.
Related to Christian?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013   #118
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Related to Christian?
His uncle.
Old 04-16-2013   #119
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's a good chance neither gets drafted but they offer better value?
Old 04-16-2013   #120
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
There's a good chance neither gets drafted but they offer better value?
You mean you've seen all 32 teams' draft boards?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read