Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-14-2013   #81
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lance Zierlein Mock Draft 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The thing I don't see with Patterson is YAC . Even on kickoffs he doesn't seem to break tackles .

Here is rankings of WRs since 1999 . Just scroll through and see how many highly drafted Wrs pan out .

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...xpos&order=ASC
I'm not disagreeing w/ you that Vol's WR's have not done much over the years, but neither have USC WR's & Woods falls in that catagory. I realize a players talent doesnt diminish because of the school they played at, but I do believe their development could be hampered or they are a product of more hype then production based on the school they attended. Your feelings about Vol WR's reflect my feelings about USC WR's, that's all I'm saying & it seems they are like in kind imo.

No biggie, I was just noting it because some on here could not handle my opinion concerning USC WR's which is just like yours concerning VOL WR's.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013   #82
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I'm not disagreeing w/ you that Vol's WR's have not done much over the years, but neither have USC WR's & Woods falls in that catagory. I realize a players talent doesnt diminish because of the school they played at, but I do believe their development could be hampered or they are a product of more hype then production based on the school they attended. Your feelings about Vol WR's reflect my feelings about USC WR's, that's all I'm saying & it seems they are like in kind imo.

No biggie, I was just noting it because some on here could not handle my opinion concerning USC WR's which is just like yours concerning VOL WR's.
I think WRs from a pro style offense are safer picks .
Old 04-14-2013   #83
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Look at the 50 sec mark and unless I'm mistaken , he's scared to get popped . He's Ted Ginn .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ_qeWcDVvM
I have no idea what you're looking at, Earl
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013   #84
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A receiver that doesn't pan out in the pro due to injury or by running amock outside the football field has nothing to do with a college program being able to develop their skills.

You're a very stubborn person who doesn't take the time to do research before coming to a conclusion.
Old 04-14-2013   #85
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I have no idea what you're looking at, Earl
I'm looking at Cordelle looking for a safety that's not there .
Old 04-14-2013   #86
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm looking at Cordelle looking for a safety that's not there .
The ball was out of reach, Earl.

I've seen Patterson catch balls in traffic and getting popped enough to know that he's not scared to go in the middle.
Old 04-14-2013   #87
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
The ball was out of reach, Earl.

I've seen Patterson catch balls in traffic and getting popped enough to know that he's not scared to go in the middle.
Yea he killed himself getting to that ball at 1:46 and I'm not sure he didn't have gator arms at 50 secs .

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...elle-Patterson
Old 04-14-2013   #88
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A receiver that doesn't pan out in the pro due to injury or by running amock outside the football field has nothing to do with a college program being able to develop their skills.

You're a very stubborn person who doesn't take the time to do research before coming to a conclusion.
I rest my case on the perfect example of a know it all who can't handle someone else's opinion & foolishly assumes he is the only one who does "research". Talk about stubborn.

Jarrett, Mike Williams, & Johnson to go along w/ many others from USC were not all effected by injury that effected their play in the NFL. Being a knucklehead is not something that can't be overcome & even when some of those players did get an opportunity to play in the NFL, Mike Williams, their so-called talent that was much hyped coming out of USC still never carried over to the NFL.

As I said earlier, his lack of respect for Vol WR's is exactly the same way I feel about USC WR's. That position from those 2 schools simply haven't had much success as of late & not having much hope that it will is based on their past.

In the end, it's my opinion & it seems someone else has the same opinion about the Vol's WR's based on the same lack of production from its past drafted players. It's an opinion & just because you feel it was made w/out research doesn't mean that is true or accurate or that you are correct. Get over it because its your stubbornness that keeps you from accepting the fact that your opinion is not that of others nor is going to be simply because you harp on the issue. Once again, we can easily agree to disagree. :smile:
Old 04-14-2013   #89
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Look at the 50 sec mark and unless I'm mistaken , he's scared to get popped . He's Ted Ginn .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ_qeWcDVvM
A 6'3 220 Lb Ted Ginn who played some RB.

I doubt Patterson would be playing RB if he was afraid of contact. Although we are talking about Dooley being the HC.

Even if Patterson is afraid of contact, he made the most big plays on the Vols offense.

Against Alabama Millner was opposite Patterson most of the game with help from Sunseri over the top.

Georgia also used help over the with Cummings as the main guy covering Patterson.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013   #90
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

76 and I view Bray differently. He sees his flaws in Bray that I attribute to poor coaching.

Bray helped keep the Vols in most games, the Vols defense was atrocious. Despite having some pro prospects like McCullers/Johnson/Wagner ect... (Terrible coaching)

Last edited by steelbtexan; 04-14-2013 at 08:43 PM.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013   #91
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
A 6'3 220 Lb Ted Ginn who played some RB.

I doubt Patterson would be playing RB if he was afraid of contact. Although we are talking about Dooley being the HC.

Even if Patterson is afraid of contact, he made the most big plays on the Vols offense.

Against Alabama Millner was opposite Patterson most of the game with help from Sunseri over the top.

Georgia also used help over the with Cummings as the main guy covering Patterson.

And you know what is going to happen if he gets that kind of attention for us? Number 80 is going to have a field day!

Like Erving said in his video, he needs to go where the offense can scheme him open. He's not a guy that early on is going to be able to read defenses and make adjustments on the fly.

Get the ball to him on bubble screens, we do that!
Get the ball to him on reverses, we do that!
Get the ball to him off play action fakes, we do that!
Get him the ball on kickoff and punt returns, we need that!

He is everything we ever wanted Jacoby Jones to be and more right now. His impact on this team could be just what this team has needed for years. A guy that is a threat to score anytime he touches the ball. We have two TE's, a bad ass number one WR and a great RB as the core of this offense. Throw in a wild card like Patterson, find ways to get him the ball and watch his presence open things up for everyone else.
Old 04-14-2013   #92
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Only one little piece of research needed regarding the USC receivers that were perceived as lacking in the pros: The people in charge of running that program during that time span have been gone for quite awhile.

They have nothing to do with Robert Woods.
Old 04-14-2013   #93
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yea he killed himself getting to that ball at 1:46 and I'm not sure he didn't have gator arms at 50 secs .

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...elle-Patterson
This comes back to route running, Earl.
And we've already know that he's lacking in that department.
He needs to understand how to run that route against cover two with the CB playing underneath. He should have ran that route toward the inside so that he can use his body to shield away the safety.
Bray's throw should have been to the outside to begin with.
He can't let the safety have a play on the ball.
Still, Patterson has got to learn to understand the concept of the offense and how to adjust his route depending upon the defense he sees.
Old 04-14-2013   #94
tru80texan
Veteran

Quote:
Only one little piece of research needed regarding the USC receivers that were perceived as lacking in the pros: The people in charge of running that program during that time span have been gone for quite awhile.

They have nothing to do with Robert Woods.
LOL! One little addition to your lack of research concerning the people in charge being gone for quite a while at USC. Lane Kiffen has been associated w/ USC in some aspect since 2001 minus the 2007-2009 seasons due to his short stints w/ the Raiders & Vols & has coached offensive positions such as TE & WR as well as been the OC & now the HC. The only player that I mentioned that did not have anything to do w/ Kiffen & his offense or direct coaching was K. Johnson. All the other failures in te NFL in some aspect were coached by Kiffen. So your incorrect statement that those people in charge are long gone seems to be far from the truth because Kiffen was directly involved w/ most of the failed USC WR's. I think its safe to say Kiffen has had some dealings w/ Woods as well considering he is the HC. Kiffen being a major factor w/ all those WR's hardly says that all those people are long gone. A little research does help if you practice what you preach.

Try focusing on the subject matter instead of the person posting & maybe your stance might hold some water because as you continue to debate w/ me about my opinion you continue to overlook another member who basically said the same about Vol WR's as a group not doing well in the NFL. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, unless of course you just insist on focusing on individuals as opposed to the opinion on the subject. Moving on now, I hope you can do the same.
Old 04-14-2013   #95
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
LOL! One little addition to your lack of research concerning the people in charge being gone for quite a while at USC. Lane Kiffen has been associated w/ USC in some aspect since 2001 minus the 2007-2009 seasons due to his short stints w/ the Raiders & Vols & has coached offensive positions such as TE & WR as well as been the OC & now the HC. The only player that I mentioned that did not have anything to do w/ Kiffen & his offense or direct coaching was K. Johnson. All the other failures in te NFL in some aspect were coached by Kiffen. So your incorrect statement that those people in charge are long gone seems to be far from the truth because Kiffen was directly involved w/ most of the failed USC WR's. I think its safe to say Kiffen has had some dealings w/ Woods as well considering he is the HC. Kiffen being a major factor w/ all those WR's hardly says that all those people are long gone. A little research does help if you practice what you preach.

Try focusing on the subject matter instead of the person posting & maybe your stance might hold some water because as you continue to debate w/ me about my opinion you continue to overlook another member who basically said the same about Vol WR's as a group not doing well in the NFL. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, unless of course you just insist on focusing on individuals as opposed to the opinion on the subject. Moving on now, I hope you can do the same.
USC produced Frank Gifford ... nuff said .
Old 04-14-2013   #96
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
USC produced Frank Gifford ... nuff said .
Interesting choice - I think I would've gone Lynn Swann
Old 04-14-2013   #97
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Interesting choice - I think I would've gone Lynn Swann
If you were going for the sane or obvious .
Old 04-14-2013   #98
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you were going for the sane or obvious .
Well then the answer is obvious - Anthony Munoz.
Old 04-14-2013   #99
76Texan
Hall of Fame

My bad; I did know about Kiffin when I looked things up some time ago; just slip my mind today.

I'll have some time tomorrow and we can revisit this.

Two things I know is that:
Jarrett and Williams, one guy had multiple DUI arrests and was cut, the other let his weight ballooned up to 270 lbs at one time.
Old 04-14-2013   #100
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Well then the answer is obvious - Anthony Munoz.
He pitched some in baseball at USC .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read