Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2013   #26
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64484 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Life Without Schaub: What if?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
You hear Kubiak occasionally talking about yards they left on the field. And we know that Kubiak yells at his QBs (see Sage, Carr), so I doubt he doesn't let Matt know about each and every one of them.

But.

The difference between Schaub and HWWNBN is so amazingly vast that it's just insane to compare them. But. I will. Kinda. I remember when I was just hoping for a QB who could throw for over 3600 yards, 16+ TDs, and <13 INTs in a season. It wasn't good.
If you want to compare stats then it paints one picture, but if you compare them individually it is interesting.

Carr had a better arm and better wheels and was more of a pure athlete. He was a young rookie thrown into the fire and crushed play after play. Many of his questionable decisions came from trying to extend the play or do too much and force things, while some would say being shell-shocked.

Schaub had been in the league as a back up and was supposed to be a plug and play superstar if you believed the hype surrounding all the teams trying to trade for him. He doesn't have a strong arm and has never been mobile so what you need is a pocket passer with superior accuracy and great football intellect who doesn't make mistakes with the ball. What you have is a guy who has piled up yards and stats from receivers YAC and quite often throws the ball off target only to have the intended receiver adjust and save his stats. Typically his glaring mental mistakes are just that, glaring mental mistakes, not generated by his competitiveness and overwhelming desire to make a play or give that extra effort.

I agree they are vastly different, but in the end believe the stat that matters most will elude them both in their careers. Super Bowl winning quarterback.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read