Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-10-2013   #1361
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

since this is the last pick for Bills bong/BL I would just like to add some finishing thoughts.

really feel for Chan Gailey fine football coach I've always admired but you as they say out with the old in with the new. Doug Marrone former HC at Syracuse where they play the most boring & bland football I've ever had to suffer through, is a defensive minded coach. not sure who selected Oday but it wasn't me, not surprising he goes with players in his conference he understands their game & potential, Greene/Webster/Beauharnais. they all fit together & help build a base to a defense that lost a lot of players Nick Barnett was released, Shawn Merriman retired & Kirk Morrision is a free agent. Plus they brought in Mike Pettine as defensive coordinator, lucky to escape Rex Ryan hulk in New York to begin a new identity. These have to be results driven picks based on Ralph Wilsons age if nothing else. Give me three late picks that is about the best I can do within the confines given.

AS stated earlier there is a push to get Geno Smith, doubt they would go Barkley route though I like his ability just not a bill worthy player (Bills fans feel free to copy & past say BL says hello). No I think they will hope for one of the LT's to slip probably Johnson then my man Marrone can draft his own QB Ryan Nassib.

My question here to you, Texan fans, is would you like to trade down with Buffalo, pick #27 for pick #41 & Bills 2nd rd. selection in 2014? If your Rick Smith would you do this deal?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013   #1362
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
since this is the last pick for Bills bong/BL I would just like to add some finishing thoughts.

really feel for Chan Gailey fine football coach I've always admired but you as they say out with the old in with the new. Doug Marrone former HC at Syracuse where they play the most boring & bland football I've ever had to suffer through, is a defensive minded coach. not sure who selected Oday but it wasn't me, not surprising he goes with players in his conference he understands their game & potential, Greene/Webster/Beauharnais. they all fit together & help build a base to a defense that lost a lot of players Nick Barnett was released, Shawn Merriman retired & Kirk Morrision is a free agent. Plus they brought in Mike Pettine as defensive coordinator, lucky to escape Rex Ryan hulk in New York to begin a new identity. These have to be results driven picks based on Ralph Wilsons age if nothing else. Give me three late picks that is about the best I can do within the confines given.

AS stated earlier there is a push to get Geno Smith, doubt they would go Barkley route though I like his ability just not a bill worthy player (Bills fans feel free to copy & past say BL says hello). No I think they will hope for one of the LT's to slip probably Johnson then my man Marrone can draft his own QB Ryan Nassib.

My question here to you, Texan fans, is would you like to trade down with Buffalo, pick #27 for pick #41 & Bills 2nd rd. selection in 2014? If your Rick Smith would you do this deal?
If they gave me a 2013 4th also. If not I want a 2014 1st. Like Cleveland gave Dallas a few yrs ago.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013   #1363
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

Considering the talent level in this draft, I'd make that trade. I'd be looking for high value at DT or WR with that #41 pick, and lets face it that 2nd round pick next year is probably going to be even better than #41. I'm guessing next years 2nd will be in the area of pick #35-38. Next years 1st and two 2nd's would be some good ammo. for moving up to get a new QB next year.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013   #1364
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So the Jets are on he clock this morning at 7:00 A.M.right?

So far, Jets had selected OLB, SS, OG, RB, and TE.
They have two picks left.

On the Jets MB, they had an ongoing mock draft.
The Jets have selected 5 players so far with matches at 4 positions.

The exception is instead of a RB, they get QB Tyler Bray in the fifth round (WOW, they don't think very highly of him, do they, Steelb? LOL.)

If dsr23 gets busy at his shop, I propose a QB at this spot.

Last edited by 76Texan; 04-11-2013 at 10:35 AM.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013   #1365
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Landry Jones?

A guy I like for their defense is David Bass DE/OLB
Old 04-11-2013   #1366
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

The NY Jets select Chris Harper, WR, Kansas St.

Harper is a coordinated athlete with above average body control and focus, tracking the ball beautifully and snatching it out of the air with his reliable hands. Harper isn't overly explosive and is more of a one-speed player, but has been improving each game as a route runner and is an effective perimeter blocker with a strong core for the position. While not a track star, Harper has good-enough football speed and is one of the more underrated receivers for the 2013 class.

--Dane Brugler

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013   #1367
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I am here
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013   #1368
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
The NY Jets select Chris Harper, WR, Kansas St.

Harper is a coordinated athlete with above average body control and focus, tracking the ball beautifully and snatching it out of the air with his reliable hands. Harper isn't overly explosive and is more of a one-speed player, but has been improving each game as a route runner and is an effective perimeter blocker with a strong core for the position. While not a track star, Harper has good-enough football speed and is one of the more underrated receivers for the 2013 class.

--Dane Brugler
Great pick this late in the draft.

Harper reminds me of a young Hines Ward.
Old 04-11-2013   #1369
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll have both picks for wolverine posted in a few minutes.
Old 04-11-2013   #1370
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I am so sorry that I missed that pick I overlooked it and thought I didnt pick again untill 7th round
Old 04-11-2013   #1371
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
I am here
Go ahead and make your pick.

Leave dsr23 Harper
Old 04-11-2013   #1372
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Great pick this late in the draft.

Harper reminds me of a young Hines Ward.
Thanks steelb. I think he just needs a little polish and a little NFL coaching and he'll be a contributor in this league for quite a while.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013   #1373
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
Looking forward to making my 6th and 7th RD picks
Hit a HUGE snag here
Truly though it is shocking to get this far and this fast.
Most member mocks starts slow, go slow, and end slower.

This one has been very impressive with SteelB and Texan76 running it
People make a successfull mock draft and we've got really good people participating. Thanks for joining.

Steel B
Old 04-11-2013   #1374
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thanks steelb. I think he just needs a little polish and a little NFL coaching and he'll be a contributor in this league for quite a while.
Harper shows some flash at the senior bowl; he's great value at this spot.
Old 04-11-2013   #1375
srrono
Hall of Fame

The pick that was made should stand OAK needs OLB.
Old 04-11-2013   #1376
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yep, he's already a great blocker and has strength to get off the LOS. He's got 4.6 type speed.

Harper is the type of guy I could see the Texans going for at this point in the draft to replace Walter. Harper is a little rough around the edges because he started out as a QB and made the transsition to WR. You know who else did that? Boldin/Ward
Old 04-11-2013   #1377
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Chargers select Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
Old 04-11-2013   #1378
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Niners select Garrett Gilkey, OG, Chadron State
Old 04-11-2013   #1379
76Texan
Hall of Fame

On the clock:

13 181 Tampa Bay - Ndevine7 -

Ndevine7 was here earlier. Just emailed him.

14 182 Carolina - HonoringEarl -
15 183 New Orleans - htownfan32 -
16 184 St. Louis - RT22 -
17 185 Dallas - RockNRandy -
18 186 Pittsburgh - HonoringEarl -
19 187 New York Giants - htownfan32 -
20 188 Chicago - Dutchrudder -
21 189 Minnesota - NCTexan -
22 190 Cincinnati - Corrosion -
23 191 Washington - SteelBTexan -
24 192 Indianapolis - Rey -
25 193 Green Bay - Mussop -
Old 04-11-2013   #1380
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
The pick that was made should stand OAK needs OLB.
I suggest David Bass or Ty Powell,

Are you going to make the pick?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read