Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-09-2013   #1321
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Agree; I watched him some, including the Senior Bowl practice.
Good value here.
Thornton is a guy the Texans have talked with and I can see him as a guy they might go after in the 4th or later rounds.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #1322
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lions select Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas
Nice pickup. I was kinda hoping he would make it my next selection, but didn't really think he would...
Old 04-09-2013   #1323
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Thornton is a guy the Texans have talked with and I can see him as a guy they might go after in the 4th or later rounds.
I'm hoping with the comp sixth!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #1324
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Nice pickup. I was kinda hoping he would make it my next selection, but didn't really think he would...
Receiver is not the next need for the Lions (but they can use one) and I just can't pass him up.
Old 04-09-2013   #1325
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I won't have much time this week; can you guys do all the updating for me please. Thanks!
Old 04-09-2013   #1326
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Ricky Wagner?

With the 167th pick in the NFL Mock Draft the Green Bay Packers select Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin.
Thanks! Sorry worked 16 straight hours yesterday. Was here this morning waiting to pick and fell asleep. I was going to pick an OT this round but was going to take luke Marquardt. I actually had Wagner rated higher than Luke but for some reason had already taken him off my list. Good pick had I realized he was still available I would of taken him with my last pick.
Old 04-09-2013   #1327
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well this has certainly died down the last few days.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #1328
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Indeed
I'm good I can go all 7 rounds
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #1329
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Happens every year after the first 4 or so rounds .... People lose interest after that as they really dont know much about most of the prospects beyond that point.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #1330
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

I can go all day
Lets go back to the 80s when there 20+rounds
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #1331
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 172nd pick the Oakland Raiders select Keith Pough ILB Howard
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #1332
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Thanks! Sorry worked 16 straight hours yesterday. Was here this morning waiting to pick and fell asleep. I was going to pick an OT this round but was going to take luke Marquardt. I actually had Wagner rated higher than Luke but for some reason had already taken him off my list. Good pick had I realized he was still available I would of taken him with my last pick.
Hope you're rested up and work has gotten better.

I try to pick who I think is BPA at this point in the draft.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013   #1333
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
I can go all day
Lets go back to the 80s when there 20+rounds

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013   #1334
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 173rd pick the San Francisco 49ers select...

Gerald Hodges - ILB, Penn State

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-10-2013   #1335
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the 173rd pick the San Francisco 49ers select...

Gerald Hodges - ILB, Penn State
Great pick

This is the kind guy that I hope the Texans can pick up late in the draft. He has the ability to be a Sharpton type player without the injury issues. Possible starter/great depth guy.
Old 04-10-2013   #1336
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
If Thorton falls to the 5th he should be the pick. Great value.

He played LT at Illinois, I wonder if he could play RT? He appears to have the athletic ability to do so. Thorton is a real tough guy, something the Texans OL is currently missing.
Old 04-10-2013   #1337
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Great pick

This is the kind guy that I hope the Texans can pick up late in the draft. He has the ability to be a Sharpton type player without the injury issues. Possible starter/great depth guy.
He's a sleeper for me at ILB this year. Solid player that could be had mid-to-late and has some starting potential.

Not really a need for SF, but I just couldn't pass him up at this point.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-10-2013   #1338
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If Thorton falls to the 5th he should be the pick. Great value.

He played LT at Illinois, I wonder if he could play RT? He appears to have the athletic ability to do so. Thorton is a real tough guy, something the Texans OL is currently missing.
IDK...he struggled with pass protection his whole career and had some problems at the Senior Bowl. Not to mention he's 6'3, with 33 inch arms.

He's a great run blocker so that just screams OG to me. Could be a good player though. Yet another mid-to-late guy that has some starting potential.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-10-2013   #1339
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He's a sleeper for me at ILB this year. Solid player that could be had mid-to-late and has some starting potential.

Not really a need for SF, but I just couldn't pass him up at this point.
I must agree; Hodges at this spot is great value.
Old 04-10-2013   #1340
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I must agree; Hodges at this spot is great value.
Sent you a PM for my San Diego pick. Will send you another for my SF pick right after that.

If you're not going to be around much today I can send it to SteelB as well.

- The Immortal Bo

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read