Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-04-2013   #81
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans cap space, as of March 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Link to multiple daily cap figure updates courtesy of NFLPA:

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 15h
After draft we may see some significant vets released and maybe we can use the cap space for that.
Old 04-04-2013   #82
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Link to multiple daily cap figure updates courtesy of NFLPA:

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 15h
Basically, it was up to date with Greg Jones' contract figured in.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #83
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

It's possible that Kevin Walter was designated a June 1st cut, which splits up his 2 million in dead money. If that is the case, when June 1st comes around we will get another 1 million in cap space freed up.
Old 04-08-2013   #84
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It's possible that Kevin Walter was designated a June 1st cut, which splits up his 2 million in dead money. If that is the case, when June 1st comes around we will get another 1 million in cap space freed up.
We can always declare Schaub as a June 1st cut.
Old 04-09-2013   #85
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Still hoping we can sign someone significant after June 1st
Old 04-09-2013   #86
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Still hoping we can sign someone significant after June 1st
I'm surprised we haven't made a couple more moves. Not splashy moves, maybe, but along the Harris level to just shore up some things going into the draft.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #87
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm surprised we haven't made a couple more moves. Not splashy moves, maybe, but along the Harris level to just shore up some things going into the draft.
I'm assuming we've made more "significant" moves than last year as in perhaps we might not get a comp pick next year?!?

Anybody keeping count?
Old 04-09-2013   #88
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
No, I'm not. If we pick up an ILB, WR or NT vet after draft depending on what we select, we should be ok. I am pretty pleased with what we've done.
Old 04-09-2013   #89
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I'm assuming we've made more "significant" moves than last year as in perhaps we might not get a comp pick next year?!?

Anybody keeping count?
Yeah, I think we will still get a 4th for Barwin and a 6th for Casey, then a 7th from Ball or Forsett. I haven't seen contract numbers on Ball or Forsett yet. The Jags do tend to overpay for players, but it certainly could be enough to warrant a 7th or more. I think this is how it stacks up now.

Signed / Lost
- Barwin - 4th
- Casey - 6th
Reed - Quin - 5th cancelled
Lechler - D Jones - 7th cancelled
G Jones - Ball - 7th cancelled?
- Forsett - 7th?

Lechler's and Greg Jones' signings should be in the 7th range, so if either Ball or Forsett can cancel out one of them, the other will definitely be cancelled by Donnie Jones. If not, then Casey's comp pick will average down to a 7th.
Old 04-09-2013   #90
badboy
Site Contributor

Barwin will have to have a great season and I don't see that happening but hope we get a 4th.
Old 04-10-2013   #91
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Barwin will have to have a great season and I don't see that happening but hope we get a 4th.
6 million a year is definitely a 4th comp pick, unless there are more quirks in the system we don't know about.

Edit: As an example, this year the 49ers got a 4th for Josh Morgan, WR who went to the Redskins. He got 5 years 5.75m a year average and only 7.3m guaranteed. I think Barwin will be in that range and net us a 4th if we don't sign anyone else of significance.
Old 04-10-2013   #92
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
6 million a year is definitely a 4th comp pick, unless there are more quirks in the system we don't know about.

Edit: As an example, this year the 49ers got a 4th for Josh Morgan, WR who went to the Redskins. He got 5 years 5.75m a year average and only 7.3m guaranteed. I think Barwin will be in that range and net us a 4th if we don't sign anyone else of significance.
I don't expect it this year but 2014 I want to see home trade ups to get better players. So a comp 4th would allow us to trade our regular up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read