Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-08-2013   #1301
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Baltimore Selects ....
J.C. Tretter, OG, Cornell

I like Tretter a lot one of my favorite small school prospects
A Ivy League OLman like Birk and who I see a lot of similarities like Birk
Tretter is a OG that I believe can play OC if need be.
Light on his feet and a well rounded interior OLman.
Flacco thanks me again
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #1302
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 166th pick the Miami Dolphins select...

Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson

Amazed that Ellington is still here at the end of the 5th round. Miami has to replace Reggie Bush's carries from last season. They have Daniel Thomas, who has struggled in his first two seasons, and Lamar Miller, who played well as a 3rd back for Miami as a rookie in 2012. Ellington gives them another back to put in the mix to replace those carries. I think he could be a good pro.

Tavarres King and Andre Ellington in the 5th round is good value for Miami's offense.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #1303
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

2 good picks back to back. Ellington is very underrated and I was targeting Tretter with my next pick.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #1304
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
Baltimore Selects ....
J.C. Tretter, OG, Cornell

I like Tretter a lot one of my favorite small school prospects
A Ivy League OLman like Birk and who I see a lot of similarities like Birk
Tretter is a OG that I believe can play OC if need be.
Light on his feet and a well rounded interior OLman.
Flacco thanks me again
Good pick,

Tretter is the type of guy that could be a late rd guy for the Texans.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #1305
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

PM'd my list to 76Texan for Kansas City in the 6th in case it gets to me before I wake up. Thanks.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #1306
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Good pick,

Tretter is the type of guy that could be a late rd guy for the Texans.
I agree
His size and speed
Plus a smart guy meaning he relies more on technique then he does physical gifts or athleticism
Dude is a technician
Has a lot of Chris Myers' traits

Tretter would excel in a ZBS
Old 04-09-2013   #1307
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like mussop will be missing his pick for the Packers. His picks so far include

Rd.1 Deandre Hopkins
Rd.2 Barrett Jones
Rd.3 Vance McDonald
Rd.4 Micheal Buchanan DE/OLB, Illinois

Thoughts on who to pick.

Last edited by steelbtexan; 04-09-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-09-2013   #1308
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Ricky Wagner?

With the 167th pick in the NFL Mock Draft the Green Bay Packers select Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin.

Last edited by steelbtexan; 04-09-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-09-2013   #1309
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

35 168 Baltimore - RockNRandy - ON THE CLOCK
1 169 Jacksonville - Blake -
2 170 Kansas City - Wolf6151 -
3 171 Detroit - 76Texan -
4 172 Oakland - srrono -
5 173 San Francisco - WolverineFan -
6 174 Oakland - srrono -
7 175 Cleveland - Texan4Ever -
8 176 Arizona - SteelBTexan -
9 177 Buffalo - Beerlover -
10 178 New York Jets - dsr23 -
Old 04-09-2013   #1310
Rock N Randy
Legend

Baltimore selects...

Lawrence Okoye, DL, of England

Lawrence Okoye, DE (6-foot-6, 304 pounds) An Olympic discus thrower, Okoye reportedly turned down an offer to attend Oxford University to try out for the NFL. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.88 and 4.78 seconds. He performed the short shuttle in 4.38 seconds, had a 10-foot-5 broad jump and a 35-inch vertical jump. His arms were measured to be 35 inches long.

Okoye looked like he could be drafted. He was unbelievably active and incredibly explosive in drills. It was a real, first-class show.
NFL.com

This is a luxury project pick.
A toy for the Baltimore defense
I'm sure Ngata and Suggs with the coaching staff can tap into some of his potential.
Old 04-09-2013   #1311
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jaguars (Blake) select Williams Gholston, DE, Michigan St.

Disregard this pick; the correction is posted below.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #1312
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Chiefs select Hugh Thorton, OG, Illinois
Old 04-09-2013   #1313
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

He got taken in the 4th round by Philly.
Old 04-09-2013   #1314
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Correction:
Jaguars select Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida
Old 04-09-2013   #1315
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Lions select Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas
Old 04-09-2013   #1316
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Chiefs select Hugh Thorton, OG, Illinois
I was here, but thanks for making the pick. I think Thornton in the early 6th is great value, I can see him going in the 4th or very early 5th on draft day. He's a solid OG with good strength and mobility.
Old 04-09-2013   #1317
76Texan
Hall of Fame

- ON THE CLOCK
4 172 Oakland - srrono -

5 173 San Francisco - WolverineFan -
6 174 Oakland - srrono -
7 175 Cleveland - Texan4Ever -
8 176 Arizona - SteelBTexan -
9 177 Buffalo - Beerlover -
10 178 New York Jets - dsr23
Old 04-09-2013   #1318
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I was here, but thanks for making the pick. I think Thornton in the early 6th is great value, I can see him going in the 4th or very early 5th on draft day. He's a solid OG with good strength and mobility.
Agree; I watched him some, including the Senior Bowl practice.
Good value here.
Old 04-09-2013   #1319
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Lions select Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas
Wow, can't believe he hadn't been picked yet. Great value in the 6th.
Old 04-09-2013   #1320
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Wow, can't believe he hadn't been picked yet. Great value in the 6th.
I know; there are so many receivers in this draft, somebody is going to fall through the crack.

Man, I think some will go UDFA the rate we're going and they are draftable Receivers.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read