Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-09-2013   #21
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenan Allen-WR

Mayock timed Allen at 4.71 and 4.75
http://fansided.com/2013/04/09/keena...sh-at-pro-day/
Know he's been injured, but that is slow !
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #22
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Allen is obviously still injured. His agent shouldn't have let him run.
Old 04-09-2013   #23
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Yeah that's terrible...Mike Williams from USC terrible......but it backs up what i see from him when watch tape. People get quickness and fast mixed up. Allen's got slightly above average quickness...but he's not fast. That doesn't make for a great #1 or #2 imo.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #24
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 146812 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerry Rice ran a 4.7, right?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #25
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

He will be there #27 so will Texans select him?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #26
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Jerry Rice ran a 4.7, right?
Jerry was actually faster....4.5-6 i believe...in any event, lol at comparing the GOAT wr to an incoming rookie with knee issues.
Old 04-09-2013   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 146812 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Jerry was actually faster....4.5-6 i believe...in any event, lol at comparing the GOAT wr to an incoming rookie with knee issues.
According to reports, Jerry Rice ran a 4.71. And in your opinion, that doesn't make for a great #1 or #2.

Arian Foster also ran a bad 40 time... because he was injured and decided to run. I don't know if Keenan Allen is going to be any good or not. But you can't just look at a 40 time and figure it out. Especially a 40 time run by a guy that's injured.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am much more concerned at how many regular season games before Allen can contribute? Lestar Jean comes to mind.
Old 04-09-2013   #29
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
According to reports, Jerry Rice ran a 4.71. And in your opinion, that doesn't make for a great #1 or #2.

Arian Foster also ran a bad 40 time... because he was injured and decided to run. I don't know if Keenan Allen is going to be any good or not. But you can't just look at a 40 time and figure it out. Especially a 40 time run by a guy that's injured.
ehh, point taken..i'm just weary of drafting a guy that i feel isn't going to be able to separate with his long speed. cb's tend to want to sit on routes and jam you up at the LOS when they're not afraid of you running past them. To be able to get deep on a consistent basis with that kind of long speed you've got to be a technician as far as running routes is concerned. Jerry and Larry Fitzgerald come to mind...I don't see that with this kid.....imo of course.

Maybe i'm wrong....i didn't want the texans to draft JJ Watt..thought he was a lumbering, try-hard.....needless to say......................
Old 04-09-2013   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

His movement are so sudden; as a CB they can't sit back in a cushion.
When they hesitate for a fraction, Allen has that second gear that will burn you before you know it.

Like Mayock said; watching the tapes he's a 4.55 guy all day long.

Personally, I think Allen is a low 4.5 guy, at least.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #31
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not concerned at all. It was a bad move by his agent to let him workout. Allen will be a good receiver in the pros. Maybe not great, but he will play for a long time (barring injuries).
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #32
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
i'm just weary of drafting a guy that i feel isn't going to be able to separate with his long speed.
And that's what we'd miss with Allen. It's not everything, but it's important if you want a WR with enough speed to atleast make the deep safety fade a bit when he's going deep to help the corner over top. And Robert Woods gives you that, I'm sure hoping we have a chance to take him.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #33
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67767 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Allen is probably a safe pick, but if he doesn't threaten deep I dont see a new dimension added. I'm looking for Hunter or Woods in the first, and Williams or Wheaton in the 2nd. I'm ok with selecting a boom or bust pick because at some point Posey will be comming back. I guess I think of that as a fail safe.

Who would be our starters today? Aj and....jean or martin? Am I missing someone? Seems to me we almost HAVE TO draft a wr early and another late for insurance.
Old 04-09-2013   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Allen is probably a safe pick, but if he doesn't threaten deep I dont see a new dimension added. I'm looking for Hunter or Woods in the first, and Williams or Wheaton in the 2nd. I'm ok with selecting a boom or bust pick because at some point Posey will be comming back. I guess I think of that as a fail safe.

Who would be our starters today? Aj and....jean or martin? Am I missing someone? Seems to me we almost HAVE TO draft a wr early and another late for insurance.
^^^^
This

Allen, slow injury prone= pass

I wouldn't have a problem drafting 2 WR's in rds 1-3. It's time to give Schaub the weapons he needs, so that we can find out if Schaub's the problem or the answer.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #35
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If speed is your primary concern then there are plenty in this draft such that you don't have to reach for any guy.

And I'm not saying the guys you look at late has nothing but speed.

This draft class is so deep at WR, there's no telling how their careers will end up.

If we take the TT Mock Draft as a barometer, I'm thinking at least one of the guys who have yet to be taken can end up being at least a solid #2 receiver some time down the road. When I have some time, I'll give their cases.

We're in round six now, and I just picked up Cobi Hamilton who has that upside.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #36
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67767 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Gimme a nose tackle in the first...take advantage of the deep class and get a quality wr talent in the 2nd. Add in another wr between the 5th and 7th. Sprinkle in some linebackers and a safety along the way. Done.
Old 04-09-2013   #37
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think some conferences are slower than others by far . A guy from the Big 12 tears it up , gets drafted high , and is ok at best . SEC and ACC guys seem to play faster .
Old 04-09-2013   #38
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Gimme a nose tackle in the first...take advantage of the deep class and get a quality wr talent in the 2nd. Add in another wr between the 5th and 7th. Sprinkle in some linebackers and a safety along the way. Done.
Seems like a great plan to me.

I think they invest a 3rd on an OT also.

I'm going to do a mock draft soon and there should be WR's better than Jean/Martin available in rd 5. Unfortunately my mock will look alot like Corrosion's TT Mock Draft.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #39
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Seems like a great plan to me.

I think they invest a 3rd on an OT also.

I'm going to do a mock draft soon and there should be WR's better than Jean/Martin available in rd 5. Unfortunately my mock will look alot like Corrosion's TT Mock Draft.
But Jean Martin sounds like a pirate name .

I think WR does have a lot of depth with little separation between them . I could see them loving a player at one of the following , NT , OLB , WR , TE . I left of DE and ILB cause JJ and Cush will cost them and you'll have to spread out the money .
Old 04-09-2013   #40
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quicker y'all learn to accept him the easier his transition. Fate has aligned in Texans favor once again

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read