Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-05-2013   #1241
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Carolina panthers select Shawn Williams S Georgia .
You got lucky. I came very close to taking him at the top of the 5th.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013   #1242
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndevine7 View Post
With their 5th round pick, the Tampa Bay Bucs select Quanterus Smith DE WKU
You son of a gun
He was the cowboys next pick
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013   #1243
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndevine7 View Post
With their 5th round pick, the Tampa Bay Bucs select Quanterus Smith DE WKU
I think he's already been picked. Nope guess I was wrong. I would of swore I seem his name a long time ago.
Old 04-05-2013   #1244
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

With pick #149 the Rams select SS JJ Wilcox Georgia Southern.
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013   #1245
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Steelers select Montari Hughes Tennessee Martin .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013   #1246
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't know if this is the right thread for this but I just watched some film on Cornelius Washington, and he is a nice player. I think he has starter potential and I like what I see from him as a pass rusher more than what I've seen up to this point from Reed or Mercilus. He looked big on film, so I went to check him out and dude has monster potential...

6'4", 265 lbs, 4.5 forty, 39 inch vert, 36 reps on the bench...If we draft him and he comes in and works hard and develops that non stop motor and just goes he could be a real beast. Either way I like him a lot.

Definitely worth a third or whatever round he's being projected as...
Washington was one of my 3rd rounders for the Texans.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013   #1247
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The Steelers select Montari Hughes Tennessee Martin .
There goes the Saints NT.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013   #1248
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Yeah I know.

That's what made me go look at him and I likey...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013   #1249
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
What game film are you watching if this guy? I have watched the Nebraska and Alabama game where he supposedly played really well and he didn't stand out to me. Of course it was hard to key on him because they move him around a lot.
Old 04-06-2013   #1250
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Remainder of Round 5:

18 151 Dallas - RockNRandy -
19 152 New York Giants - htownfan32 -
20 153 Chicago - Dutchrudder -
21 154 Washington - SteelBTexan -
22 155 Minnesota - NCTexan -
23 156 Cincinnati - Corrosion -
24 157 San Francisco - WolverineFan -
25 158 Seattle - Blake -
26 159 Green Bay - Mussop -
27 160 Houston - Corrosion -
28 161 Denver - SenorStan -
29 162 Washington - SteelBTexan -
30 163 Atlanta - RT22 -
31 164 San Francisco - WolverineFan -
32 165 Baltimore - RockNRandy -
33 166 Miami - TexansSeminole -
34 167 Green Bay - Mussop -
35 168 Baltimore - RockNRandy -
Old 04-06-2013   #1251
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I am still picking for the Giants in place of htownfan32.

I have a few choices to narrow down still.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013   #1252
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
What game film are you watching if this guy? I have watched the Nebraska and Alabama game where he supposedly played really well and he didn't stand out to me. Of course it was hard to key on him because they move him around a lot.
Washington is still more on potential than the real thing.
Late in the third round, it's a fair spot for him, I would think.
For some reason, I want to project him at ILB.
Right now he doesn't look real comfortable on the line for me.
His get-off is rather poor or inconsistent.
He doesn't do a very good job running the arc (unless it's against lesser competition) and therefore isn't effective to counter that with an inside move.
When he play inside, his inconsistent get-off doesn't allow him to penetrate very well. And he's also poor at using his arms.

I'd love to see him at ILB, but I don't know how he will handle coverage.
With Cushing, even though he wasn't used much in coverage at USC, I felt (at the time) and had said as much, that I believe he just needs a lot of reps.
I recall him struggling against Dallas Clark in his rookie year, and looked lost many times in zone defense.

I just want to see Washington in coverage some to gauge his ability.
With the way he tested, I think he can handle most RBs and some TEs here and there. He might need a year, year and a half - Cushing needed some time, too.
So I think it's possible.

With two big fast guys in the middle, I think this defense can go far.

Washington needs to learn to play more aggressive as well.

But that's why he's only a late third round pick here.
Old 04-06-2013   #1253
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Dallas selects....
Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma
Roy Williams v2.0

Very good in the box tackler
Like a xtra LBer
Can cover but is limited in that ability

I think Jefferson is one of the better safeties in the draft
Tremendous value here as he can be a starter for Dallas
At worse a solid bench player and a stand out special team player

Slam dunk pick
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013   #1254
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Giants select Matt Summer Gavin, OG, California.

MSG played LG, but was moved to LT then RT out of necessity.
He isn't the quickest guy on the block and can have difficulty with the speed rusher off the edge.
He should be better in short area.
Play with a mean streak.
Old 04-06-2013   #1255
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 153rd pick in the 2013 TT Mock Draft, da Bears select:

Matt Scott, QB, Arizona
Height: 6-3. Weight: 196. Hand: 9.08 40 Time: 4.69

The Bears lost Jason Campbell in free agency, and they need a backup QB to develop behind Cutler. This is a nice spot to pick a backup QB because it's low risk and he will be much cheaper than paying for one in free agency.

Da Bears draft so far:
20 20 Chicago - Dutchrudder - Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State ACC
20 50 Chicago - Dutchrudder - Justin Pugh OG Syracuse* SEC
20 117 Chicago - Dutchrudder - Kevin Reddick ILB North Carolina ACC
20 153 Chicago - Dutchrudder - Matt Scott QB Arizona PAC 12

On the clock:
21 154 Washington - SteelBTexan -
22 155 Minnesota - NCTexan -
23 156 Cincinnati - Corrosion -
24 157 San Francisco - WolverineFan -
25 158 Seattle - Blake -
26 159 Green Bay - Mussop -
27 160 Houston - Corrosion -
28 161 Denver - SenorStan -
29 162 Washington - SteelBTexan -
30 163 Atlanta - RT22 -
31 164 San Francisco - WolverineFan -
32 165 Baltimore - RockNRandy -
33 166 Miami - TexansSeminole -
34 167 Green Bay - Mussop -
35 168 Baltimore - RockNRandy -
Old 04-07-2013   #1256
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 154th pick in the NFL Mock Draft the Washington Redskins select Duke Williams S Nevada.

Williams is a faster version of Vaccaro. He's a steal at this point in the draft
Old 04-07-2013   #1257
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 155th pick the Vikings select:

Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State

The Vikings need some more targets for Ponder to see if he really has the tools to make it in the NFL. At this point Wilson is great value. I tend to buy more into his side of the story than the coaches and think that he has his head together for the NFL. Though he is not NFL ready yet in terms of size/strength, few are in the 5th round. I think he can develop into a strong number two in a few years, and can contribute situationally right away.

Vikings Draft so far:
23 23 Minnesota Keenan Allen WR California
25 25 Minnesota Kevin Minter ILB LSU
22 52 Minnesota Sylvester Williams DT UNC
21 83 Minnesota D.J. Swearinger S South Carolina
5 102 Minnesota Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
23 120 Minnesota Alvin Bailey OG Arkansas
22 155 Minnesota Marquess Wilson WR Washington State
21 189 Minnesota
7 213 Minnesota
8 214 Minnesota
23 229 Minnesota
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013   #1258
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
With the 155th pick the Vikings select:

Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State

The Vikings need some more targets for Ponder to see if he really has the tools to make it in the NFL. At this point Wilson is great value. I tend to buy more into his side of the story than the coaches and think that he has his head together for the NFL. Though he is not NFL ready yet in terms of size/strength, few are in the 5th round. I think he can develop into a strong number two in a few years, and can contribute situationally right away.

Vikings Draft so far:
23 23 Minnesota Keenan Allen WR California
25 25 Minnesota Kevin Minter ILB LSU
22 52 Minnesota Sylvester Williams DT UNC
21 83 Minnesota D.J. Swearinger S South Carolina
5 102 Minnesota Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
23 120 Minnesota Alvin Bailey OG Arkansas
22 155 Minnesota Marquess Wilson WR Washington State
21 189 Minnesota
7 213 Minnesota
8 214 Minnesota
23 229 Minnesota

Very strong draft

I tend to side with Leach though. Wilson was the man and used to getting his way. Leach comes in tries to change a culture of losing and Wilson wants no part of what Leach was selling.
Old 04-07-2013   #1259
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Very strong draft

I tend to side with Leach though. Wilson was the man and used to getting his way. Leach comes in tries to change a culture of losing and Wilson wants no part of what Leach was selling.
Thanks! This is the first time I've actively tried something like this and I think it's going well. It's nice to know others do to!

There's definitely some truth there. Wilson isn't my first pick at WR, but I do think he's got his head together now, and if it not, it sucks, but it's a 5th rounder. And compared to everyone else available, I think he was of good value.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013   #1260
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Thanks! This is the first time I've actively tried something like this and I think it's going well. It's nice to know others do to!

There's definitely some truth there. Wilson isn't my first pick at WR, but I do think he's got his head together now, and if it not, it sucks, but it's a 5th rounder. And compared to everyone else available, I think he was of good value.
I concur you've done an outstanding job. Always appreciate you input on North Carolina players. You must be thrilled with Sly still there in 2nd?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read