Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-04-2013   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2013 Pre-season schedule

@Minnesota
Miami
New Orleans (National TV)
@ Dallas

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...1-4075c42e70bf

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013   #2
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Pre-season schedule

Too bad the Dallas game will be the meaningless game.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013   #3
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy crap, this HAS to be the first time we aren't scheduled to play the Bucs in the preseason.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013   #4
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Too bad the Dallas game will be the meaningless game.
Most of them are.... but I know what you mean.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013   #5
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Most of them are.... but I know what you mean.
Going back to 2007, We either had them in the 2nd game, or the 3rd game.

I don't like the 4th game.

Old 04-04-2013   #6
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
Holy crap, this HAS to be the first time we aren't scheduled to play the Bucs in the preseason.
Uh, we didn't play them last year.

Old 04-04-2013   #7
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Uh, we didn't play them last year.
Oops...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2013   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
Haven't played them the last 2 seasons.

Now we have the Vikings and Saints every year.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess that Dallas game will be on a Thursday night. I wanted to go, but it would be tough to burn 2 work days on a preseason game.
Old 04-04-2013   #10
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

4 months away CAN'T WAIT
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

all these games should be meaning less I don't wanna see no one injured infact I hope we lose all 4 games ....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013   #12
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 50924 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
all these games should be meaning less I don't wanna see no one injured infact I hope we lose all 4 games ....
A promising rookie who is a year away from contributing to the team WILL get "injured".
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013   #13
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I have an excuse to go back to that overrated palace that I help pay for everytime i buy toilet paper.
Old 04-05-2013   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Well, I have an excuse to go back to that overrated palace that I help pay for everytime i buy toilet paper.
I had a job interview in Arlington last year and I drove by Cowboys stadium while I was there. I don't know how Arlington deals with it. Traffic has to be an absolute nightmare before and after games. It seemed like a bad location to build a gigantic football stadium.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013   #15
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I had a job interview in Arlington last year and I drove by Cowboys stadium while I was there. I don't know how Arlington deals with it. Traffic has to be an absolute nightmare before and after games. It seemed like a bad location to build a gigantic football stadium.
Actually, they move traffic around the stadiums (Rangers also) pretty well before and after games. I stay on the leser traffic side of the stadium but really a game only adds ten or so minutes to the drive. my friends who go back towards dallas never complain about that.
Old 04-05-2013   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
They pay for the stadium with toilet paper money?

How appropriate.
Old 04-05-2013   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
They pay for the stadium with toilet paper money?
or retail sales tax

Edit: a pretty decent .5 perect increase in fact.
Old 04-05-2013   #18
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
A promising rookie who is a year away from contributing to the team WILL get "injured".
Does this come with a tinfoil hat?

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Old 04-06-2013   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Makes sense.

Quote:
The Texans and New Orleans Saints practiced against each other in the preseason for three years from 2008-10. They won’t in 2013.

Because the game is in the third week of the preseason, Texans coach Gary Kubiak said he and Saints coach Sean Payton agreed not to have joint practices this year.

“Sean and I talked,” Kubiak said Thursday at Reliant Stadium. “We would’ve loved to have practice against each other, but because it’s our third game, we both kind of prepare our teams the same way from a standpoint of using that as the regular season preparation game. We’ll stay away from each other from a practice standpoint, but I’m sure it’ll be a very good football game.”

The Texans and Saints’ joint practices were typically highly competitive. Players looked forward to them because they broke up the monotony of facing their teammates every day in training camp. But those practices came in years in which the Texans and Saints met in the second week of the preseason, not the third like this year and last year. They didn’t have joint practices in 2011 because of the NFL lockout.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013   #20
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Believe it or not it is easier entering and leaving Cowboys Stadium than Reliant coming off 20 exiting at Collins. Since the stadium opened the only time I've been stuck in traffic was the high school state championship game 2011 because fans were leaving and entering at the same time.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read