Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Rep Power: 56627
Badboy's April mock
Players still moving up in down especially top two rounds. I think most fans have settled on positions just maybe disagree on players. One of hardest things I've had to do is be willing to give up on players I formed attachment with by watching them so much. Terrence Williams is such a player. He the best WR in going deep and has great stats, just cannot convince me he can go across middle and that has to be a trait of whomever Smithiak goes with.
If you really into the draft, you will enjoy the links.
1. NT Johnathan Hankins 6'3"320 yeah I know I said I feel Phillips will go with Mitchell and maybe a late round pick or a vet after draft. Never guessed that Hankins would drop to #27. I refused to even discuss him with other posters as I was convinced he was top 20. So many mocks that I respect and review have him all around #27. Allen may recover in his pro day & I like him and B Williams in second but not as much as I like Hankins and my #2. Here's hoping Wade sees Hankins as I do. Detailed eval: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...13jhankins.php
2. WR Da'Rick Rogers 6' 2 1/2 217.7 lbs top 5 in 3 cone and a 4.44 combine (2nd try) yeah, yeah he smoked pot but has been clean a year. No info about failing a combine test so...this guy does it all. I have mocked him for months as he is one of few that has skill sets to eventually replace AJ. Never had an on field problem. Very detailed eval http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013drogers.php
3. OLB Cornelius Washingon 6'4" 265 lbs. 4.55 40, benched 36 with a 39 (are you serious!) vertical. Here is a link that explains best what I saw watching him play. With our coaches he could be a first year starter. http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/2/...ius-washington
3B OT Brennan Williams 6'6" 318 this future star from NC is right on track with his recovery. Some will say I'm reaching but I want him. He's going to be that good. Unlike some tackles, he can play OG and may start RG 2014 unless Brooks forces Smith to the bench & Brandon is RG even sooner than I expect. Williams will be a very good RT and with a bit of coaching could play left.
4. S Terry Hawthorne 6' 195 4.4 this CB reminds me some of 3rd year KJ and could eventually start at corner but I project him to safety. He might be there in 5th but not taking any chances. I also like Robert Lester but his coverage is less than Hawthorne's.
5. ILB A.J. Klein 6'1" 250 4.6 is a tackling machine avg 116 T and 5.5 TFLs for three seasons. Only late round ILB that could start in our defense. He can cover TEs & knocks them off their routes. Stacks and sheds with strength and good hands. Shuts down the run. Will allow Cush to go beserk. Will shine with Reed and Joseph behind him.
6. RB Cierre Wood 5' 11" 4.46 Tate's replacement. Avg's 6.7 yards per carry. May be most under rated RB in draft.
6B TE Michael Williams 6'6" 278 I've mocked him in 5th forever but he should be here although I don't know why. Has bulk and strength to play on line in our "super" package but soft hands who should remind fans of a certain RZ scoring TE that left us.
7. WR Marquess Wilson 6'3" 194 4.45 35 " vertical. Natural catcher with god body control and able to bulk & grow stronger. I despise Mike Leach & think Wilson did right thing. Low risk high reward. Would not shock if he replaces Jean on roster.
I may do 2-3 more mocks but really like these guys.
The sound of marine engines and superchargers soon shall fill the air!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|